News:

We rely on our supporters to help keep us running. Thank You!

Main Menu

OEM Vision parts online?

Started by d0n, June 22, 2006, 08:20:35 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

d0n

Where is the best place to buy oem parts online? I checked yamaha-motor.com but the parts on my "wishlist" all say "see dealer".

For honda parts I use servicehonda.com they have really cheap oem parts. Generally, 20% less than a dealers price for the same item.

thanks

-Don

Night Vision

if it ain't worth doing it the hard way....
it ain't worth doing it at all - Man Law
;D

if it ain't broke..... take it apart and find out why

don't give up.... don't ever give up - Jimmy Valvano

d0n

none of the places show the oil filter as being availible.  ???

h2olawyer

Oil filter is available from any dealer.  The dealer here has them in stock.  They also can order the oil filter housing o-rings.  Several models used the same oil filter.  Enough so that there are some aftermarket brands available as well.  Beware of the Fram filter - I know it used to be too long & would crush a little when installed in the Vision.

DGY shows them as available:

1 ELEMENT ASSY, OIL CLEANER  $6.68  Part # 4X7-13440-90-00
2 O-RING                                $1.29  Part # 93210-64297-00

Go to http://yamaha.dgy.com/, locate the parts link, choose "motorcycle", "1983" & "XZ550RK".  Then find the "Oil Filter" listing on the left of the screen.

Hope this helps.

H2O
If you have an accident on a motorcycle, it's always your fault. Tough call, but it has to be that way. You're in the right, and dead -on a bike. The principle is not to have any accident. If you're involved in an an accident, it's because you did not anticipate. Then, by default, you failed.

d0n

damn I feel stupid!  thanks

weird... when I look it up like you said, the oil filter is one of the only items that doesn't have an "add this item to cart" button. I assumed it wasn't availible.

hfarley

Don try it again, I just looked it up and the only thing that wasn't available was the oil cover. The filter is number 1 and it is called;    ELEMENT ASSY, OIL CLEANER it is 6.68. Hope that helps!
-Heather
Sometimes being insane in an insane world IS being sane

I don't suffer from insanity....I enjoy every minute of it!

YellowJacket!

I got my last oil filter from JC Whitney and paid like $3.00 for it.  Also check out www.denniskirk.com .

David

Living the dream - I am now a Physician Assistant!!   :-)