News:

Ridersofvision.net  welcomes you !

Main Menu

a few small issues

Started by haunter, June 29, 2006, 01:11:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

haunter

the neutral light turns off when revving the bike?

and would a bad exhaust leak at the rear clamps make the bike run like crap?
82 with fairing, rejetted, 83 turbo seca fork and brakes coming whenver I acquire the rest of the parts, and she stops breaking long enough to be in the garage for an upgrade instead of a repair.

h2olawyer

Neutral light - suspect a poor electrical connection at the neutral switch or at the light.  Possibly a faulty switch but that's less likely.

Exhaust leak could cause some loss of performance, but not likely real bad unless there is a huge leak.  Even then, the main thing would be noise.

H2O
If you have an accident on a motorcycle, it's always your fault. Tough call, but it has to be that way. You're in the right, and dead -on a bike. The principle is not to have any accident. If you're involved in an an accident, it's because you did not anticipate. Then, by default, you failed.

haunter

ill swap main jets incase I got them in backwards I guess

shje really doesnt wanna run well at all, even with a new TCI off of PS2's well running bike

oh yeah, I think I will go put more gas in teh take, the stuff in it is a month old and shes getting really low, would hate to go to alot of work for it being plum out of gas!
82 with fairing, rejetted, 83 turbo seca fork and brakes coming whenver I acquire the rest of the parts, and she stops breaking long enough to be in the garage for an upgrade instead of a repair.

h2olawyer

Always best to start with the simple things!  ;D

Good luck getting it all figured out.

H2O
If you have an accident on a motorcycle, it's always your fault. Tough call, but it has to be that way. You're in the right, and dead -on a bike. The principle is not to have any accident. If you're involved in an an accident, it's because you did not anticipate. Then, by default, you failed.

haunter

Quote from: h2olawyer on June 29, 2006, 01:30:33 PM
Always best to start with the simple things!  ;D

Good luck getting it all figured out.

H2O

got to the gas station with the tank in teh trunk and realized I had the bike's key in the ignition at home d'oh! :D

lunch time then going for a ride to see if the small things work themselves out, if not, ill swap teh m,ain jets incase they are backwards and ride some more!

haunter

jet swap did the trick

but it seems my TCI frying mishap may have done bad things to the coils

Tiger

Quote from: haunter on June 29, 2006, 05:12:58 PM
jet swap did the trick

..... :) Those I do have....... 8)
Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well-preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming HOOOOYA lets go again baby !!!!!!

'82 Vision, Pearl Orange finish, lots of up-grades!!!

haunter

Quote from: Tiger on June 29, 2006, 10:22:56 PM
Quote from: haunter on June 29, 2006, 05:12:58 PM
jet swap did the trick

..... :) Those I do have....... 8)

PS2 is taking care of me, again, you guys all rock.......

Lucky

i can't keep track of who's done what, but if you've had the left engine cover off, you may have swapped the nuetral & oil pressure wires. if the oil pressure is low, that would make the light go off when you rev it. (or may have switched the sockets if you had the idiot light panel out)
1982/3 XZ550 Touring Vison, Gold on Black

haunter

Quote from: Lucky on June 29, 2006, 10:57:56 PM
i can't keep track of who's done what, but if you've had the left engine cover off, you may have swapped the nuetral & oil pressure wires. if the oil pressure is low, that would make the light go off when you rev it. (or may have switched the sockets if you had the idiot light panel out)

heh, I actually forgot to hook it up, it was sitting against the exhaust pipe..........

forgot to mention I fixed that one....

are there any other bikes thats mirrors fit ours?  besides the Seca Turbo

haunter

WHOA BAD GASMILEAGE

30 MPG!!!!

could a slight miss so that, or maybe the mains are swapped still?

haunter

mains were switched, damned thing was ONLY readable when covered in gasoline and under a very bright light

haunter

oh shes runs like I remember now

oh I love this bike

h2olawyer

;D

Amazing what happens when those small holes are in the right places!

Glad you got it figured out.  You're right, these bikes DO run great!

H2O

haunter

Quote from: h2olawyer on June 30, 2006, 12:47:07 PM
;D

Amazing what happens when those small holes are in the right places!

Glad you got it figured out.  You're right, these bikes DO run great!

H2O

I'm even more excited because now I am running her 140ish miles up my gf's for the weekend

first long trip on her since I got her, everything else has been maybe 60 miles

h2olawyer

Most of my rides are 60 - 80 miles.  However, last weekend, I did 280+ on Sunday.  Ran fantastic even at over 12,000 ft.!  Just needed to remember to give the throttle a good rev fairly often to burn off the excess fuel.  If I forgot, it would tend to bog down a bit when I needed to speed up with the group.  The 20 mile section of 80 - 85 MPH was great - except for my 'booming' helmet.  Forgot the ear plugs.  That really wore me out.

Good luck on your first long ride!

H2O

haunter

Quote from: h2olawyer on June 30, 2006, 01:09:00 PM
Most of my rides are 60 - 80 miles.  However, last weekend, I did 280+ on Sunday.  Ran fantastic even at over 12,000 ft.!  Just needed to remember to give the throttle a good rev fairly often to burn off the excess fuel.  If I forgot, it would tend to bog down a bit when I needed to speed up with the group.  The 20 mile section of 80 - 85 MPH was great - except for my 'booming' helmet.  Forgot the ear plugs.  That really wore me out.

Good luck on your first long ride!

H2O

thanks!  I hope it goes well!