interesting Air Filter article.

Started by admin, June 27, 2006, 05:47:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

haunter

Quote from: Tdub on June 30, 2006, 01:21:41 AM

I don't agree with this at all, it is a valid ISO test on a specific product and I'm sure the results are accurate.

Sorry you don't agree Ron, but I will take THOUSANDS of race track(dirt) lap testing over an ISO test any day. I have always said that I would rather use something that works than a better deal or free. But, to each his own. I KNOW what works and what works well in this case. JMO Tdub

removal of stock airbox for placement of a K&N cone on my dads car showed a 8hp gain on the dyno

of course, its supercharged..........
82 with fairing, rejetted, 83 turbo seca fork and brakes coming whenver I acquire the rest of the parts, and she stops breaking long enough to be in the garage for an upgrade instead of a repair.

jasonm.

I did not read all the deatails. But the test mentions a restriction test due to dirt. At what point did they feel the filter was restricted? They say the K&N was restricted in 24 minutes. But I bet this restriction is based on virgin flow tests vs. pecentage lost during the test. Meaning since the K&N is the highest flow filter it is more likely to show a larger percentage of reduction in flow when you test it in severe conditions. BUT, what was it flowing at this so called"dust restricted level-unusable level?"   Bet is was more than the others. I think this is a bit of suggestive number juggling. I did not see listed their criteria for an unuasable(clogged) filter!  Lastly, I bet the dirt getting by is in the 5 micron range. Does anyone know how small 5 microns is ?   If memory serves me...? TRY .005 of a millimeter which equals .0002" >>>>>>>>>>>I don't think that's going to hurt my engine. It hasn't yet.
looks aren't important, if she lets you play by your rules