THE YAMAHA MADE THE MAIN!!!!!!!!!!

Started by Tdub, July 15, 2006, 10:22:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tdub

Robbie Bugs Pearson takes second in his semi at Saluda Va 1/2 mile to put a Yamaha in the main for the first time in about 25 years!!!!! More later YEE HAAA
Always Looking for the Next Race

louthepou

Tdub, I share your overwhelming feeling of joy!

Or something along those lines. I think I understand how much work goes into making a machine perform better than it should, so congrats! Carpe Diem.

Lou
Hi, my name is Louis, and I'm a Vision-o-holic

Tdub

Finished 9th in the main coming from the third row. Robbie set the 7th fastest lap time in the main...yee haa Tdub

pat sullivan

I just saw the results.  Robbie finished 9th.   That was out of a field of better than 40 entries.  It just keeps getting better and better.  Someday a podium.

Congratulations  to you, Tdub, Robbie, Babe, Memphis Shades and the whole team.

We re all pulling for you.  Keep on tuning.

Pat S.   

Night Vision

congrats... keep up the good work... hope to see both the boys and in the "final" and on the podium at next years Syracuse mile!!!!
if it ain't worth doing it the hard way....
it ain't worth doing it at all - Man Law
;D

if it ain't broke..... take it apart and find out why

don't give up.... don't ever give up - Jimmy Valvano

h2olawyer

Awesome news.  Gongrats to everyone on the team!   ;D

H2O
If you have an accident on a motorcycle, it's always your fault. Tough call, but it has to be that way. You're in the right, and dead -on a bike. The principle is not to have any accident. If you're involved in an an accident, it's because you did not anticipate. Then, by default, you failed.

Tiger

8) SUPERB......Keep on rockin'  8) Congrat's to the whole team....... 8)
Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well-preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming HOOOOYA lets go again baby !!!!!!

'82 Vision, Pearl Orange finish, lots of up-grades!!!

MotorPlow

Outstanding! I think I am going to have to buy something from Memphis Shades, to help support the team!

Glyn

What is the rear end off on the Vision race bike? Does it still run a monoshock? can't really see in the pics. I have this Vision (pun) of using one of my spares bikes with the blown motor and putting another Yamaha V twin in it. Prob an XV750/920. I'd need to convert the rear end however and do the chain drive thing.  There are prob better motors to use but the XV's are at least still Yamaha's and seem fairly rugged - apart from the starter gears.

Tdub

Why in the world would you want to swap an XZ for an XV??? IMO that's a downgrade. Tdub

Glyn

I like air cooled bikes! (but not Harley's..)