News:

Main Menu

Replacement YICS Vacuum Hoses

Started by Proteus, July 20, 2006, 11:02:34 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Proteus

Should I order the OEM vacuum hoses for the YICS (mine are collapsing) or can you buy a length of this hose at any auto parts store. Where do you guys buy yours?

YellowJacket!

I use the heavy braided hose that I bought at NAPA auto parts.  Works fine for me.

David

Living the dream - I am now a Physician Assistant!!   :-)

Brian Moffet

What size (inner and outer diameter, etc..)

Also, ideas on hose sizes for valve-cover breater hoses?  (they're different between the back and front cylinders)

Brian (all hoses will be assimilated)

Extent

I'ld just take the original hoses with you and have them match them up.  They may not have every size you need, but I'm sure you can get a replacement hose for the YICS, they're just barely smaller than stock and fit nice and snug.
Rider1>No wonder, the Daytona has very sharp steering and aggressive geometry.  It's a very difficult bike for a new rider.
Rider2>Well it has different geometry now.

Lucky

ask for fuel injection hose it's no thicker, but it's stiffer than regular fuel line to guard against collapse
1982/3 XZ550 Touring Vison, Gold on Black

kiawrench

i was using a modified yics set up,, but it didnt survive a dragon bite, am now using regular yics, and my lines are race grade fuel injection hose- similar to regular hose for fuel injection systems, but really stiff, (made for a stage 3 engine build) and cant collapse( i hope)

be careful around the yics- what is working and sealed now, may become leaky -freak by just changing the hoses . remember, any old system is only as strong as the weakest link, so upgrading in one section, may reveal faults in another.  change to a standard fuel injection grade hose, from mot any parts store, and then test ride the bike. note start effort, crank time, rpms and all before the ride, then do it again next day, if there is a change , remove yics and re-seal it ,,,, easy task
keep your bike running,your beer cold ,and your passport handy.all are like money in the bank .

Brian Moffet

Quote from: kiawrench on July 20, 2006, 07:14:47 PM
if there is a change , remove yics and re-seal it ,,,, easy task

But I've never had to seal my YICS before, so how would I re-seal it!!

Brian (it's late, I'm tired, don't respond to this silliness.)