Main Menu

2007 bikes

Started by Night Vision, August 01, 2006, 09:11:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Night Vision

looks like the manufactures may finally be getting serious about offering something other than cruisers, rockets, and chubby sport tourers....

http://www.motorcyclespecs.co.za/model/kawasaki/kawasaki_versys.htm

based on the same motor as the Ninja 650r?  looks like it would do better on the power lines than my vision too!  ::)  course I wouldn't mind a Buell Hercules either....

I'd hit that
if it ain't worth doing it the hard way....
it ain't worth doing it at all - Man Law
;D

if it ain't broke..... take it apart and find out why

don't give up.... don't ever give up - Jimmy Valvano

crackerkorean

haunter

I take it you don't like the FZ yam's?  or SV650's?
82 with fairing, rejetted, 83 turbo seca fork and brakes coming whenver I acquire the rest of the parts, and she stops breaking long enough to be in the garage for an upgrade instead of a repair.

Night Vision

I think the FZ's are ok... haven't been up close and personal with the SV's.. I'd just like to see something (afforable) in between a motard and say the FZ.

;D

glennw

Half Mad Max

zore

I have a strong dislike for I4's, especially 600's.  They can't rip the skin off of pudding below 8000 rpm and that's simply doesn't work with my style of riding.  The sv is always a good choice.  It has power where you use it
1982 Yamaha XZ550
1995 Ducati M900

NewVisionGuy

I was thinking about  getting an SV650S  before  the guy offered me the "V"   I'm not fond of the looks  but they seem to run good.  They're worth $6500.

Night Vision

Quote from: zore on August 02, 2006, 12:33:47 PM
I have a strong dislike for I4's, especially 600's.  They can't rip the skin off of pudding below 8000 rpm and that's simply doesn't work with my style of riding.  The sv is always a good choice.  It has power where you use it

that saki is supposed to be a torque tuned twin. I've seen the 650R and it's skinny
;D

Paul_Jungnitsch

The 650 V-strom been a nice little earner for Suzuki, not surprising Kawa wants to get in on it. This type of design is like a mountain bike, surprisingly useful everywhere.

comatt

I love all of them.  I'm not much of a sport bike guy, but I love the V.  I love the way it sits and I think the Vstrom is similar.  I have to say though that the Buell and Kaw both look great.  I hope the Kaw comes to the US.  I could see me buying one of those in a couple of years!

YellowJacket!

Quote from: Paul_Jungnitsch on August 02, 2006, 04:47:37 PM
The 650 V-strom been a nice little earner for Suzuki, not surprising Kawa wants to get in on it. This type of design is like a mountain bike, surprisingly useful everywhere.
My friend that went riding with me and lucky the other day has a Vstrom 1000.  Its a monster of a bike but I love it.
At a whopping 5'7" I can barely touch my toes on the ground. :(

Great looking bike though.

David

Living the dream - I am now a Physician Assistant!!   :-)

Paul_Jungnitsch

Quote from: DaveTN on August 02, 2006, 09:33:34 PM
My friend that went riding with me and lucky the other day has a Vstrom 1000.  Its a monster of a bike but I love it.
At a whopping 5'7" I can barely touch my toes on the ground. :(

Great looking bike though.

David

That's the number one complaint that I've heard about the Strom. The 650 is about an inch shorter and carries it's weight lower, but still, they are tall bikes, dirt bike height with street bike weight. I'm 5'10 and will be fitting lowering dogbones and dropping the front forks. Some lower the seat as well.