bike ok,gas tank good, rider broken again

Started by kiawrench, August 09, 2006, 04:39:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

kiawrench

ever notice,when bike is doing great, i damage myself? will be off bike for a few days, cut my fingertip off helping a friend set the head on a tractor this morning. (from tip to midway down the nail) guess mother nature thought it needed a trim . docs sewed it back on, but say may not do any good. guess will know in a week or so .
   got my new computer, not as sweet as dell made it out to be,but still better than i had. am off line for a bit, when the finger gets feeling back may not be in mood to type anything .   take care, have fun,, someone take a ride for me this week,,,, make the neighbors mad ,,lol
keep your bike running,your beer cold ,and your passport handy.all are like money in the bank .

Lucky

keep it up buddy, we might be calling you "Blinded Vision" or "Cantholdawrench"...

feel better dumbass!  ;D

--Lucky
1982/3 XZ550 Touring Vison, Gold on Black

Serendipity

Man that stinks! I sure hope you it heals up properly...but look on the bright-side, if you don't regain feeling in the tip, you could always turn it into a cool bar trick...."Bet ya I can stick this pin through my finger without crying"

Yes, I hang out in redneck bars.

YellowJacket!

Quote from: Lucky on August 09, 2006, 06:00:04 PM
keep it up buddy, we might be calling you "Blinded Vision" or "Cantholdawrench"...

feel better dumbass!  ;D

--Lucky

"Nubbywrench"

Seriously though, I'm glad you are ok.  My first thought when I saw the post title was that you wrecked. 

Take care and get well soon.

David

Living the dream - I am now a Physician Assistant!!   :-)

hfarley

Kia, or should we just call you "DOH!"" ;)
Seriously, I am glad to hear that you are basically ok. One can live without the tip of their finger. My buddy sliced his off nice and neat with a meat slicer in a deli. Now that customer wasn't too happy with the extra slice of meat that she got. LOL! The good news is though that this won't effect you being able to ride once it is healed. So all in all your good to go! Let us know how things progress and if all else fails I like Serendip[ity's idea of a neat bar trick.
-Heather
Sometimes being insane in an insane world IS being sane

I don't suffer from insanity....I enjoy every minute of it!

h2olawyer

Oh man, kia - you tend to have more than your share of tough luck!   ::)  Heal fast!   ;D

H2O
If you have an accident on a motorcycle, it's always your fault. Tough call, but it has to be that way. You're in the right, and dead -on a bike. The principle is not to have any accident. If you're involved in an an accident, it's because you did not anticipate. Then, by default, you failed.

MotorPlow

Quote from: hfarley on August 11, 2006, 03:33:46 PM
Kia, or should we just call you "DOH!"" ;)
Seriously, I am glad to hear that you are basically ok. One can live without the tip of their finger. My buddy sliced his off nice and neat with a meat slicer in a deli. Now that customer wasn't too happy with the extra slice of meat that she got. LOL! The good news is though that this won't effect you being able to ride once it is healed. So all in all your good to go! Let us know how things progress and if all else fails I like Serendip[ity's idea of a neat bar trick.
-Heather

LOL! My sister sliced the tip off her finger working in a deli too. Went to the hospital to get stitches... No one ever mentioned actually finding the tip of her finger anywhere...

ps2/bikevision

kia you sound like my dad. no matter what he does he cuts himself or somthing.  loosing the tip of your finger isent that bad once its healed.  i lost the very end of my middle finger on my right hand when i was in the army. i got an ucler on it (yes you read right an ucler, there not just in you stomac) and they had to cut it down to the bone. hurt like hell for awhile and i had a special brace that covered the tip (hard plastic molded to the tip)  it took forever to heal cause i kept it covered all the time. but now it doesent bother me and you wouldnt even know it if i didnt point it out.  weird thing is the skin under the nail still grows out past the tip. i just clip it off with nail clipers.

i think we need to just start calling you the tool man.

kiawrench

i wonder if i could hurt myself working in a padded cell?

finger driving me nuts, i cant walk down a hall or set of stairs without hitting it on something, and i never did that before ........   has to be my luck

my mom used to say i hurt myself in groups of three,,, i didnt know she meant years ,,, lol
keep your bike running,your beer cold ,and your passport handy.all are like money in the bank .

YellowJacket!

My wife got a new bagel cutter a few years back.  I call it the gilloutine since it slides down a channnel that holds the poor bagle in place and effortlessly slices it in half.  Anyway, the thing is made with a large clear plastic safety shroud that surrounds the "V" shaped serrated balde.  I was wondering one day how sharp the thing actually is and curiosity got the best of me so I stuck my fingers in the darn thing.  Much to my surprize the stinkin thing is pretty sharp.  Sliced right into my thumb and forefinger.  :o

David

Lucky

ok, kia, i take it back, your not the dumbass!!  :D :D :D
1982/3 XZ550 Touring Vison, Gold on Black

Night Vision

statistically, most bagel injuries happen in Florida... Dave: glad to see you're trying to kick your state a up a notch  :D
if it ain't worth doing it the hard way....
it ain't worth doing it at all - Man Law
;D

if it ain't broke..... take it apart and find out why

don't give up.... don't ever give up - Jimmy Valvano

Mutt

Quote from: Night Vision on August 14, 2006, 09:48:09 PM
statistically, most bagel injuries happen in Florida... Dave: glad to see you're trying to kick your state a up a notch  :D

He must have been living in RI at the time because no one from TN would do that to themselves!  ::)

Mutt
"The internet is a great way to get on the net."
- Bob Dole, Republican presidential candidate
"I invented the internet." -Al Gore, Vice President

Mutt

Quote from: kiawrench on August 14, 2006, 05:32:10 PM
i wonder if i could hurt myself working in a padded cell?

finger driving me nuts, i cant walk down a hall or set of stairs without hitting it on something, and i never did that before ........   has to be my luck

my mom used to say i hurt myself in groups of three,,, i didnt know she meant years ,,, lol

Kia, can you put one of those metal splints over your finger? That way at least it wouldn't hurt if you banged it against something.

I hope your done with your group of threes!

Mutt
"The internet is a great way to get on the net."
- Bob Dole, Republican presidential candidate
"I invented the internet." -Al Gore, Vice President

kiawrench

wife says I live to visit Dr.  lol   
    riding buddy says i have to change all my screen names to 9 and 9/10s -- reference to my new finger count .
   seems to be healing, but end of finger is a lot different than the rest ,,, only has half a nail, and is shorter than it was

YellowJacket!

Quote from: Mutt on August 15, 2006, 09:01:48 AM
Quote from: Night Vision on August 14, 2006, 09:48:09 PM

He must have been living in RI at the time because no one from TN would do that to themselves!  ::)

Mutt

Nope, I checked the statistics first and afterdetermining that nobody in TN had done something that stupid, I decided to give it a try.
As far as setting burgers on fire though, I am not alone in that category.

Kiawrench,  I still like nubbywrench better.  ;D

David

kiawrench

went to dr today--
   removed all of my stitches, and started the tests to see if this mess was going to be ok,, big suprise to dr,, full sensation across entire finger tip and not much sign of any need to do any cutting. isnt pretty, but it is working .

got home , wife gave me back my bike keys, a short ride around town to check feel of clutch ,seems to be ok,, bit sore, but can do it safely.    will be a while before it is "healed" but as long as i dont stick it under a tractor head again, should be just fine .