News:

We would like to thank our supporting members for their generosity.

Main Menu

Another Vision is reborn

Started by Cougar Dave, August 19, 2006, 09:31:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Cougar Dave

For the first time since about 1989 (last time it had a tag), my Vision actually ran on the road today!  I bought it as a non-runner from a salvage yard three years ago and began the long process of checking out and rebuilding everything that could possibly be wrong (and as you know there are a lot of possibilities).  I took a short three mile shake-down drive this evening to be sure everything was working and to see what would fall off.  Everything went well until I was almost back home, when the engine began to lost power and stumble.  It finally died in the driveway (good luck there) and wouldn't restart.  I pushed her into the garage, and stood there staring, looking for an answer.  And then it hit me- the gas can sitting in the corner was still full, meaning the Vision tank wasn't.  Well, I'll try again in the morning.  But those first three miles were sweet!

Serendipity

Congratulations!!! You must be so excited!

Sable

Congrats!!! Gonna have to post some pics or submit them to the gallery!

~Sable
1982 Yamaha Vision
1982 Motobecane 50V
1975 Kawasaki H-1
1972 Rokon Trailbreaker

Ron_McCoy

Great news Dave.  Congratulations, long may she run..........

supervision

way ta go, now you can fine toon the bugs away, and ride the tires off it!  remember new tires come with way too much tread, and it's our job to get rid of it.  then start the process once again.  Dave, from  The Lake Isabella  rally.
" border="0

h2olawyer

Congrats - it's been quite the long restoration for you.  Funny, even Visions need some gas!  ;D

H2O
If you have an accident on a motorcycle, it's always your fault. Tough call, but it has to be that way. You're in the right, and dead -on a bike. The principle is not to have any accident. If you're involved in an an accident, it's because you did not anticipate. Then, by default, you failed.

Tiger

"....and with a kiss , I mean some GAS, from the Prince err, Cougar Dave... sleeping beauty the Vision, awoke after a loooooong sleep".... ;D ;D ;D :D :D ;).......some fairy tale's do come true... ;D ;D ;D  8)
Congrats on breathing new life into your "V".......goes alot farther with a tank of fresh gas.. ;D :D ;)
Now go ride the ass off of her.... :o ::)

;D       TIGER        8)
Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well-preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming HOOOOYA lets go again baby !!!!!!

'82 Vision, Pearl Orange finish, lots of up-grades!!!

Cougar Dave

Thanks, guys.  Without this Forum and all the knowledge and enthusiasm collected here, the bike would have ended up in the crusher a long time ago.

don_vanecek

My bike would most likely have made the crusher also, LONG LIVE THE FORUM!!

Congradualtions on getting the V going again!