News:

Ridersofvision.net  welcomes you !

Main Menu

Ok, Patch Question

Started by hfarley, August 21, 2006, 04:10:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

hfarley

I know there have been many discussions about making an ROV patch. My question is this, was it just going to be one of those little patches that get sewn onto a patch jacket/vest or were we going for the big ole' in the middle of the back of a vest/jacket patch? I keep seeing the Yamaha clubs with their patches, and the Harley gang with theirs. I just think in Black and White a huge patch for the back would be sooo cool! Then we could have smaller patches for the "Chapter" that w belong to such as, L.O.V, N.E.R.O.V, S.E.R.O.V, etc... thoughts?

I was thinking of a crest shape of some sort with the outside edge in black, the lettering all in black, the background in white and a picture of the bike in black in the center. Two colors should be cheaper than more colors. Plus then we could make the smaller ones with fancy colors if we wanted to.

-Heather
Sometimes being insane in an insane world IS being sane

I don't suffer from insanity....I enjoy every minute of it!

dj

2008 Honda Rebel (Black)

YellowJacket!

Living the dream - I am now a Physician Assistant!!   :-)

Lucky

I've tried this several times (search the forum) but nothing ever came of it. the closest i ever got is now my Avitar...
1982/3 XZ550 Touring Vison, Gold on Black

Serendipity

I am so into the patch idea!!! I'll be earning my Women in the Wind patch next month...but would most cherish an ROV patch...cause first and foremost I am a Visionary. ;)

Patti (I'm still working on the LROV t-shirt, I have the bike part of the design done, but am still working on the rider)

h2olawyer

Quote from: Lucky on August 21, 2006, 10:26:07 PM
I've tried this several times (search the forum) but nothing ever came of it. the closest i ever got is now my Avitar...

I really like your avitar - should I design another?   ;D  Just taking credit for my work.  Makes a fantastic avitar, though.  Would make a great patch as well!

H2O
If you have an accident on a motorcycle, it's always your fault. Tough call, but it has to be that way. You're in the right, and dead -on a bike. The principle is not to have any accident. If you're involved in an an accident, it's because you did not anticipate. Then, by default, you failed.

Lucky

was it you? (i couldn't remember if i did it or not)  i wasn't trying to imply i was, i had forgotten all about it & found it in a file folder one day & said 'hmm nice for an avitar' lol

they say the memo...what were we talking about...?
1982/3 XZ550 Touring Vison, Gold on Black

Tiger

Quote from: Lucky on August 21, 2006, 10:26:07 PM

....Which is the one I used for the OnROV ride decal....... 8)....and could be used for a ROV patch, large or small.... 8) 8) 8)

;D       TIGER        8)
Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well-preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming HOOOOYA lets go again baby !!!!!!

'82 Vision, Pearl Orange finish, lots of up-grades!!!

hfarley

I will have to dig out my software that i use to design stuff with and see if I can come up with something. I was thinking of something large like the harley wings that you put on the back of a jacket but more of a crest or someing. Wait for a slower day at work and I will play on the computer a bit.

I have alwasy wanted to a member of a "biker" gang. LOL! I just figured that this would be really cool. If the idea takes off then we could even do the whole rocker patch for years that you have had bike or that you have been a member here, etc... Maybe even a portion of the patch sales goes into paying for the website.  After all we are a "cult" LOL!
-Heather

dj

2008 Honda Rebel (Black)

glennw

Sign me up for one... and don't forget the CROV... :o
Do I have to cut the sleeves of my Joe Rocket jacket now that it's a real gang?
GlennW
Half Mad Max

dj

Something like that would look great on the back of my riding jacket!  ;D

GlennW - only cut the sleeves off of your jacket if you have lots of armhair that can act as a protective layer if you go down.  :o  Hopefully nobody is that hairy :P
2008 Honda Rebel (Black)

hfarley

Ok check out this patch. Just an idea but obviously ours would be different. I like the shape and the basic layout. Will have to go home and play around with it a bit though.

http://www.americanpatch.com/patches/motorcycle/falldown_motorcycle_patches.html

glennw

Please no flames... I would be constantly reminded of the flaming stator near my left foot.  NOW...If we could get a Vision Engine on there... THAT would be sweet.  ;)
Half Mad Max

Sable

Okay, this is the best I could do with MS Paint... I would be able to do a much better job when I get home and have full access to my home computer and various photoshopping programs  ;D

I wanted to use the motor in the center of the wings, but with my old laptop, I'm not able to edit any pictures to use.
~Sable
1982 Yamaha Vision
1982 Motobecane 50V
1975 Kawasaki H-1
1972 Rokon Trailbreaker

h2olawyer

Would be great to have them for the 25 year celebration!  I think something "V" shaped, featuring the engine, would be awesome.  Maybe we should start a contest?

H2O
If you have an accident on a motorcycle, it's always your fault. Tough call, but it has to be that way. You're in the right, and dead -on a bike. The principle is not to have any accident. If you're involved in an an accident, it's because you did not anticipate. Then, by default, you failed.

Kevin

I have to laugh every time dj posts and I see the baby picture.  ;D Kevin

dj

;D

There is a cute story behind my avatar choice.

I am in the Maine Air National Gaurd (have been for the past 5 years) and shortly after I got back from Basic Training and Technical School (I'm a radio maintencance technician {2E153 for all you AF guys and gals out there}) I was sent an email along with every one else in my building saying that that was my baby picture.  I thought it was funny so I started putting it as my wallpaper on my desktop and I have grown to really like it.  It gives me a nice chuckle every morning when I log onto my computer.

So naturally since I liked the picture so much it was my only choice for my avatar.

On a side note, it is glad to know that even ugly babies can bring people joy!  :P
2008 Honda Rebel (Black)

hfarley

I like the idea of an engine on the patch or a picture of a bike. I was going to do a flaming stator but I guess thats out now. LOL!  :P I like the idea of a contest too. Instead of the NEROV on the top though I would just have the back patch say riders of vision and maybe include the years too. Then we could design a smaller, circular or rectangle shaped patches for each "chapter" Maybe even set up a date for each chapter and its members to get together and design a patch for themselves and then go for a ride or something. I think that would be great for a 25 year anniversary party to have us all have patches. Maybe we could just have the main patch done by then and then at the celebration we could set u an area to design or drop of designs for the chapter patches. Any thoughts?
-Heather

Sable

My intent for the top part of the pic was to have a "Chapter" Scroll, NeROV, LOV, SeROV LMNOPROV, etc... I just put NeROV because I am from New England. I like the idea of the contest.
     Please wait until Sept. though . That way, when I get back to NH I can use my home computer to get the design that is stuck in my head  ;D

Hey DJ - I am currently down at Keesler AFB cross training for 3C0 in the NH Air National Guard (10 years as a 3P0 was enough for me).. Nice to know that there are other guard visionaries out there  ;)

~Sable
1982 Yamaha Vision
1982 Motobecane 50V
1975 Kawasaki H-1
1972 Rokon Trailbreaker