News:

We rely on our supporters to help keep us running. Thank You!

Main Menu

Ride video from this weekend

Started by Extent, August 21, 2006, 07:52:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Extent

Fixed my camera and finally got some video recorded.  I stuck an IR filter out of a VX1000 on the little security camera and now the color is much better.  The sun was on it's way down so it's kind of dark in spots, particularly near the end in the trees.  I'll get some better video eventually.  The mic didn't work this time so there's only music on this clip.

Tunitas Creek is a really interesting road.  Maybe only 1/4 to 1/2 mile of it is good smooth pavement, and even there there's a huge risk of gravel and dirt.  The blind downhill turns in the last 1/3 or the road can be really hairy when there are leaves all over the road surface, it takes forever for the road to get swept by cars.  It's also a great way to check for loose bolts, take one run of the road and go home.  Any bolts that were loose will now be missing, replace as needed :p (which reminds me, the durn rear header flange came off again :/)

http://rovmedia.dyndns.org/public/detailView.php?vidID=55

PS. I limited my upload speed to that of a 56k modem, and fixed a typo that had the maximum upload time at 2.3 hours instead of the full 24, but I've still no idea why Rolle's upload failed the way it did.  Error reports are greatly appreciated  ;D
Rider1>No wonder, the Daytona has very sharp steering and aggressive geometry.  It's a very difficult bike for a new rider.
Rider2>Well it has different geometry now.

corwin

Great! Only I would have liked to hear engine too.
For new ideas to place your camera and to choose the ankle,
look ghost rider movies  ;D