News:

We would like to thank our supporting members for their generosity.

Main Menu

What is your bikes name?

Started by hfarley, November 02, 2004, 10:22:01 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

hfarley

Ok maybe it is just because I am a girl, LOL! But I have already named my bike even though it is giving me problems. (see earlier post for that info)
I was just curious if anyone else has named their bikes and if so what the name was. Also, I am already calling my bike her and she. Is yours a male or female bike? Again it could just be because I am a girl, but i was just curious.
Oh and yes, the name for my new adventure is:
Black Mamba aka Dendroaspis polylepis
After the king cobra, the black mamba is the longest venomous snake in the world. It is also the fastest-moving snake in the world, reaching up to 23km/h. ?

The venom is injected through two hollow fangs at the front of its mouth which lie flat until the snake bites something, at which point small, movable mouth bones erect them. The venom causes rapid paralysis. Enzymes in the snake?s saliva start to digest the prey before it even reaches the stomach, and most prey is digested within a few hours.

A fitting name I think don't you?
-Hfarley
Sometimes being insane in an insane world IS being sane

I don't suffer from insanity....I enjoy every minute of it!

louthepou

Well, I didn't pick the name, it was given to my bike by my mechanic mentor, back in 1987:

The Vision of Apocalypse.

A fitting name, considering I use to come to the bike shop with the strangest of problems, cluless. Ah, what an eager-17-year-old,new-on-the-road-after-7-years-mx'ing-the-dirt- biker I was.

Louis
Hi, my name is Louis, and I'm a Vision-o-holic

Walt_M.

That Black Mamba thing is maybe too appropriate! Stay around this site long enough and you will start seeing victims. Back-in-the-Saddle may be the most recent.
 My '83 is definitely a she but I haven't given her a formal name. Most of names I've used are not suitable for polite company and are not directed at the bike so much but at certain procedures necessary for maintenance (valve adjustment comes to mind).
 Anyway, welcome to the forum.
Whale oil beef hooked!

Lucky

Ok Heather, your scaring the hell out of me... :)
I have never named my bike either, but like Walt, have had a few choice words for it.  again, I can't decied what gender it is either... I know boats are "she's".  Often when the bike was new (to me) i'd think of it as a 'her' because she gave me a hard time, but the last few years, i'll more often think of 'him' as an extention of myself when riding, due to the fact that i'm so in tune with the bike in the twisties.. so who knows?!   :D

--Lucky
1982/3 XZ550 Touring Vison, Gold on Black

Superfly

When she is not working....I can not post the names I have called her!!
A bad marrage is like dirty carbs... It just makes everything else suck.

kiawrench

the most decent thing i could name mine would be unfit to print,type ,make pictures of or even whisper in the company of a lady.
      but , i did give this some thought,,, and i came up with the most appropriate name in my vocabulary--- "teenie"
  this is due to this bike's intensive high maintenance lifestyle and never ending quest to empty my wallet---- just like both of my teenage daughters seem intent upon- empty dad's wallet .
   i wonder,,, after second year of support and providing this bike a home,, can i file for a social security card and start filing it as a dependant child under new irs rules?
  H2O,,, you are the lawyer,, we say ye?  (after all, in most states common law allows you to do so if you provide single source of income,welfare and domicile for a child not of your own creation, why not a bike ?)
keep your bike running,your beer cold ,and your passport handy.all are like money in the bank .

h2olawyer

Kia -

I'm not licensed to give legal advice outside Colorado - except on Federal law questions! ?It seems to me that you must be supporting a "life in being" (term of art in estate law) ?in order for the tax breaks & such to apply. ?While each Vision may have it's own "personality", I would think that Yamaha is NOT equivalent to Dr. Frankenstein & thus, the creation called the Vision would have a difficult time being adjudicated as a "life in being" (no matter what your views of when life begins). ?;D

Remember - I'm licensed to give legal opinions only in Colorado, following Colorado law but in these matters, South Carolina is probably fairly consistent with the majority of states (as is Colorado). ?To be sure, consult your state bar association to find a lawyer in your area competent in these questions of law just to be sure.

I suppose it could be argued that these machines are capable of being resuscitated and thus are "life forms" but I wouldn't want to risk my license against a Rule 11 (basically presenting a legal argument that is totally outside reality) proceeding.

Just my humble (personal NOT LEGAL)opinion.

H2O
If you have an accident on a motorcycle, it's always your fault. Tough call, but it has to be that way. You're in the right, and dead -on a bike. The principle is not to have any accident. If you're involved in an an accident, it's because you did not anticipate. Then, by default, you failed.

Josh M

I haven't really got a 'name' for my bike, and have referred to it in unmentionable terms at times, but I often refer to it/he/she as a red headed step child, because of the common flogging it receives.
shiny shiny....

GA_Wolf

Well don't feel bad...we've named our visions..Mine is "V"eronica and my wife's is "V"ivian.  Both females because they get jealous if you don't give them enough attention (and refuse to behave when they get jealous), pretty to look at and fun to ride, they like to remind you from time to time that they make you so frustrated you want to get rid of them but then give you a perfect ride on a perfect day and you'll know you'll never get them from under your skin.

kiawrench

thanks H2O!,, and here i thought i had another open tax dodge, glad to be talked out of trying that one, lol.
  with my medical bills from the past year, i dont think i have to worry about paying in , roflmao !!
 quick note,, the fairing misses you- i ride west, the bike runs great, if i go east, it acts up, north or south doesnt matter- maybe it doesnt like that eastern route, does turn into all water if you dont slow down,,,,,, ha ha    
     i did make 3 other windscreens for it , a clear spare and two grayscale tinted ,for summer riding
keep your bike running,your beer cold ,and your passport handy.all are like money in the bank .

glennw

good day: baby   ;D
bad day: Bitc_     :-/

I'm so old school..   :)
GlennW
Half Mad Max

hfarley

LOL!!!! I have already called her a few choice names myself and I haven't even gotten her home yet. LOL! And don't worry about your language aroiund me. I was in the NJARNG for 9 years, I think I have probably heard it all already. And I have probably said close to it all over those 9 years. ?:P Not to mention I have been around bikes and bikers all of my life so if I didn't get it from the Guard I got it from the bikers. LOL!! Maybe she doesn't like the name and that's why she is giving me such a hard time. she did act better once she was back in the sellers garage. LOL! My bike is definately a she. SHE is being a royal pain in the a-- right now. Kinda reminds me of how I can get sometimes. LOL! Oh boy that's all my husband needs in the house, another b----! LOL!! Kepp the names coming!
-Hfarley

Extent

I don't have a name for the bike, but I do refer to it as a "she", usually just call it "my baby" or "the V"  I do have a name for my car, Andy, short for Andromeda, which is what I call the computer system I have installed in it.  Eventually I'll do full datalogging/blackbox,and engine and environmental management work, but for now it just functions as a media center.
Rider1>No wonder, the Daytona has very sharp steering and aggressive geometry.  It's a very difficult bike for a new rider.
Rider2>Well it has different geometry now.

helmsman65

Alright...alright...I guess I can get on board on this
naming our bike thing (not to great a leap for a sailor)
...but I swear..if anybody suggests we put a vase on
our Visions with a daisy in it...I am out of here ;D

Lucky

Heather doesn't sound like a 'pink Vision' kind of girl, but it would be a first...
1982/3 XZ550 Touring Vison, Gold on Black

Superfly

I am trying to picture a pink vision... It would be... interesting...???
A bad marrage is like dirty carbs... It just makes everything else suck.

Josh M

If you want a pink Vision, just leave a red one out in the sun....
shiny shiny....

hfarley

Me, a pink Vision?? NO WAY!!!!!!! :P

Black is to light a color for me. I love the color black although I could see it black with a metallic tinge to it.  You know like those cars that almost change color in the sun. But the underlying color would definately not be pink!  And there is no way that a vase, flowers or any girlie thing like that will ever come near my bike.  Maybe a vinyl of a snake............

Besides, my colors are red, black, silver and white. Pink or any other color would mess up the whole color scheme that I have going on. (Gloves, helmet, etc.. are those colors.) How am I supposed to look all tough and sh-- with a vase and pink bike? LOL!! (insert puking smilie here)

No my little Mamba is going to stay Black. Besides my Army boots go so well with her. LOL!

Now if I could only stop her from being such a B--ch!
 Oh well, I guess like Bike like owner, right?
-Heather

louthepou

OK, I see another Vision Project Gone Bad coming together. Pink is the color, fuzzy is the seat, and soap bubbles come out of the exhaust bike. Anyone with good photoshop skills and no fear?

Louis
Hi, my name is Louis, and I'm a Vision-o-holic

hfarley

OK Louis I emailed you my rendition of what the bike would look like since I can't post it here. Hope you like it! I made it especially girlie for you! ?:P

-Heather
PS- I did leave out the vase but I did put flowers on it.