News:

Ridersofvision.net  welcomes you !

Main Menu

What is your bikes name?

Started by hfarley, November 02, 2004, 10:22:01 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Lucky

Heather, email me the pic & i'll post it here.
--Lucky
1982/3 XZ550 Touring Vison, Gold on Black

glennw

"Pinky Vision"    :-[

San Francisco Vision?  ::)

Girlyvision  >:(

hahahahahahah...
Half Mad Max

louthepou

Hey Lucky, that's very cool of you to offer Heather to post the pic... she did e-mail it to me and I almost chocked... Little did she know, as her canvas, she was using... who's picture to start with? Can you guess? Kids, are we having fun or what!

Cheers,

Louis
Hi, my name is Louis, and I'm a Vision-o-holic

Standing still

oh  I love girly girls.
My 82 is definitely all man all the time even when it's rainin'.

But seriously folkes. The vision I bought is an IT.
It's a simple machine which works cause I make it work. it's my slave in a way. and I'm it's slave too. kinda.
 it's genderless and has no sex and I ain't named it. never came to me to even consider it.  No pics.. no brag. just screamin' down the backroads at ninety plus.
I'd never name my boat affer a woman cause you know what wimmuns do to the unwary man.

Blake

I personally have thought of naming my bike.. but could never think of anything fitting.  or even if i did, i dont think i'd ever actually call it by name.  

I dont really see my bike as a male or female.  I for the most part see it as an it, ALTHOUGH, i will say, to me, its more of a beast..an animal..then anything.  i love the fact that ive been more indepth into the innerworkings of my bike and know exactly how everything works, what it looks like from a 1st person view, and knowing the fact that i personally made it all work.  I bet I'd have an easier time (and more fun too) explaining how the rotor with the starter clutch on it works than people would have trying to explain how their toilet works.  It excites me to be able to tell you exactly when i put my hands on a part, and what i did with it, and can tell you that my life is in my own hands everytime i ride.  thats why i kind of concider it a beast.  It's like back in the caveman days.. when you'd feed a wild dog, tame it, and then it would become your life long friend, even if it did take a few craps in your shoes, (or died on the side of the road because of the stator, in our case)..

the closest thing i've ever come to naming my bike was "yamahog", just because that was something my dad and I called it when we first picked it up.  just because it was such a beast.  ;D
"At first it's like a new pair of underware... Frustrating and constrictive.  But then, it kind of grows on you..."

hfarley

Lucky, I sent you the picture. I hope it is not to large. I am going to look into the geocities site. Thanks!
-Heather
Sometimes being insane in an insane world IS being sane

I don't suffer from insanity....I enjoy every minute of it!

hfarley

Ok I am trying this out so bear with me. Here is a picture of the pink bike. It was done very quickly so I am sure someone else can come up with a better rendition but it gives you an idea. Sorry again Louis!!
Sometimes being insane in an insane world IS being sane

I don't suffer from insanity....I enjoy every minute of it!

glennw

Half Mad Max

Josh M

Oh sure, just when I get the mental picture out of my head, you have to go and post that...  :'(

Happy thoughts, happy thoughts, happy thoughts....

shiny shiny....

louthepou

I guess some may say I asked for it... and they'd be right!

Now, Heather, don't take it the wrong way, but my Vision made me promise it/she/he/ambiguous would never end up looking like that  ;)

And Josh, at least it wasn't done using a pic of YOUR Vision

Have a nice weekend y'all

Lou
Hi, my name is Louis, and I'm a Vision-o-holic

Josh M

Well, OK, that bike does have a striking resemblance to one of the bikes in the gallery...... ;D

It's still slightly disturbing.....

Mental note to self, don't leave my red bike in the sun.... ::)
shiny shiny....

ProfessorRex

BUTTYFUL!!!!!!

Anyhow, I just got back from a ride...... whoa... my V is running NICE!!!!! and the sunny weather today.... ah..... sweet ROSEBUD!!! That's the name I decided on for my Vision
Hey honey, uh, I got another vision... HONEY??? Oh yea, thats right she moved out...

Superfly

Well, I said I was trying to picture a pink Vision, now I am trying not to picture a pink Vision.....

Becareful what you ask for... You just might get it  :-/
A bad marrage is like dirty carbs... It just makes everything else suck.

wolfman

Mine has no "official" name....but it seems to respond well to God Dammit!

Lucky

That's interesting, 'cause my kids answer to "Jesus Christ! and Dammit!"
--Lucky
1982/3 XZ550 Touring Vison, Gold on Black

kiawrench

uh,, that pink thing sort of came out all scary,,,,,,,,
 maybe it was the fuzzy bear, or the flowers
 now, the pink isnt so bad if it was toned down to say ,a metallic magenta( like the color presently on my trike project)
  ( i didnt paint it, is the color of the fiberglass body panels )
 but hey, pink bike, flowers on it , fuzzy bear ,,,, maybe needs a big set of speakers on the back, with a 10 ft antenna and a set of fuzzy dice swinging in the wind , big ol' peace sign  and some 5 leaved plants depicted on riders jacket

that would get public attention,, or political office !!

keep your bike running,your beer cold ,and your passport handy.all are like money in the bank .

QBS

lately my '83 has been answering to "the stupid motorcycle".  But better days are ahead, I'm sure.  Cheers.

fiddlesticks

Great topic. We do constantly refer to our bike as she. We only recently started using a name. Seeing as we just aquired a second one we call them V1 and V2.  I keep wondering if were going to come out to the back yard to discover it is full of mopeds. :o lol  But to get them interested in each other we would have to paint one Pink with flower power. (not) By the way I want that teddy bear. ;D He is toooo cute.
1 Black 82 Virago 750

"With Frongs like that you don't need anemones"