News:

We would like to thank our supporting members for their generosity.

Main Menu

Restoration (not a vision)

Started by Superfly, August 25, 2006, 01:21:41 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Superfly

I picked up this Ninja 600r for fun, and to be my sumer/ backup bike.  I have been tinkering on it for the past few months.

Before

During

Just tagged it today, and I must admit this is a fun little bike, but when you are used to the mass and torque of the vision, this kinda seems like a really fast toy. 

I am going to rest Blackie a bit now, only use her once or twice a week untill the CROV, then I gotta replace her engine,  She is slipping out of 2nd pretty often now, and some other things that are going out.  Time to build another engine.
A bad marrage is like dirty carbs... It just makes everything else suck.

h2olawyer

Nice work!  Looks like lots of fun & maybe even a little risky!  ;)

Enjoy your new toy & don't let your V get neglected too long - they can be a little jealous.

H2O
If you have an accident on a motorcycle, it's always your fault. Tough call, but it has to be that way. You're in the right, and dead -on a bike. The principle is not to have any accident. If you're involved in an an accident, it's because you did not anticipate. Then, by default, you failed.

Superfly

The V will always be my first love!  She fits me like a glove.  Everything on her is working great, except for a few things in the engine, and the fact that she is leaking oil from the case seam on the bottom of the engine.  Have no clue how that happened, but what can ya do?  She will be back soon!

The Ninja is fun, and takes off like a shot.  Took it out on the freeway and finally had a chance to open her up a bit.  Still dialing in the carbs, but after that, I am dying to see what the bike can do on the twisties!

glennw

Man I love that Supertrapp on your V.... If I only had a new one..
glennW
Half Mad Max

Superfly

I would LOVE a new supertrapp on her!  I had to take it off of her because where the front header pipes attach into the exhaust, developed a good sized crack (happend on the way up to Solvang for the last CROV), I figured I would go up to a welding shop & have them weld it up.  No one will touch it!  So now I am running my Mac's on her.  I have to figure out how to fix this, because the Mac's are just not the same.  I miss the deep growl of the Supertrapp.  Sounds great on the Vision.

Carlie_89

It  is very rare for a vision to leak on the centercases, It could be your starter nosepiece leaking . I have spare orings if needed. :)

Carlie_89

That should be a easy fix for a decent welder. If all else fails send it to me. I can fix.   

Kevin

::) oops! I didn't know my daughter was logged in, the last post was mine.Kevin

Lucky

Sure. it was... ;) Guys, i'll bet it's been Carlie who's been doing the work all along! ;D
1982/3 XZ550 Touring Vison, Gold on Black

Superfly

Well, after Blackie went down on the CROV run, I put her in the corner, so she can think about what she did!  I know I am going to have a pretty good task with Blackies engine rebuild, so I wanted to finish up a couple of projects before I start that.  I have been working on these 2 older ninjas lately, just havin' some fun...

this is a picture when I brought the frame home from the junkyard in April.

This is a Picture of the 86 I took this weekend.

The 86 is on the left, and the 88 is on the right.

The 86 is still in the "multicolored" stage, but the shape is starting to show.  I completely rebilt that engine also, and have only had it running for a few minutes so far.  A couple more parts/hours of work on her, and she will be ready to take for a test ride.

I have been using the 88 as my daily ride since just before the CROV, a really good, fast bike, but man... do I miss my Vision!  Hopefully I will start that within a couple of months!