News:

We would like to thank our supporting members for their generosity.

Main Menu

Oops I already kreemed now what

Started by GT @ oh., September 15, 2006, 06:11:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

GT @ oh.

I kreemed per dealers advice now should I leave it as long as I dont add stuff?

Lucky

don't use any of the harsh injector cleaners or carb cleaning additives. did the Kreem lining process involve chemicly cleaning & striping & preping the inside of the tank before adding the liner?

if not, you just sealed in the rust instead of removing it. eventually it'll eat thru the metal.  beter to just chalk it up to experience & trash the Kreem, get a POR kit (it does all of the above for about $35, plus PORs liner removal stuff check their site for details. www.por-15.com)

--Lucky

PS, stop listening to the dealer, they don't know jack about these bikes anymore, we do & we're free & worth every penny!
1982/3 XZ550 Touring Vison, Gold on Black

Kevin

If you cleaned the tank and did everything properly kreem will work. I did tanks 20 years ago that are still good. Por is a better product, I agree with Lucky.   

GT @ oh.

It did have three step; rust remover ,prep ,then sealer

Lucky

then you should be good to go, stay away from the carb cleaners & E85
1982/3 XZ550 Touring Vison, Gold on Black

zore

So I came home last night and I just gave the forum here a quick read thru and this topic almost had me thinking I had found myself on the wrong forum.
1982 Yamaha XZ550
1995 Ducati M900

Walt_M.

Stupid question time, does ethanol hurt POR 15? Since MTBE additive was banned this year, some areas use 5-10% ethanol in the gasoline. The pumps are supposedly marked.
Whale oil beef hooked!

69shovel

Quote from: zore on September 16, 2006, 07:25:12 AM
So I came home last night and I just gave the forum here a quick read thru and this topic almost had me thinking I had found myself on the wrong forum.

you and me both :o
69 chevelle
98 suburban
82 vision

h2olawyer

Quote from: Walt_M. on September 16, 2006, 09:34:14 AM
Stupid question time, does ethanol hurt POR 15? Since MTBE additive was banned this year, some areas use 5-10% ethanol in the gasoline. The pumps are supposedly marked.

I don't think there's any problem with ethanol & POR-15.  While the tank liner I put in mine isn't POR, its something very similar.  I can't remember the brand name (I did it over 6 years ago) but it is silver colored, just like the POR.  Anyway, I have been using ethanol blends up to 10% with no ill effects on tank liner or other fuel system parts.  Most fuel in Colorado was ethanol blended rather than MTBE.  MTBE could be found in some stations but the ones I used tended to be ethanol.

H2O
If you have an accident on a motorcycle, it's always your fault. Tough call, but it has to be that way. You're in the right, and dead -on a bike. The principle is not to have any accident. If you're involved in an an accident, it's because you did not anticipate. Then, by default, you failed.

vavision

Quote from: h2olawyer on September 18, 2006, 01:19:32 PM
Anyway, I have been using ethanol blends up to 10% with no ill effects on tank liner or other fuel system parts. 
H2O

That easied some worries. IF anyone else has an 80's Honda magna- REPLACE YOUR FUEL FILTER AND HOSES if your area goes to ethanol. MY area switched, I didn't notice and my carbs filled with a marmelade looking jelly.
It's not about living, it's about living well. Enjoy each moment.