motorized windshield ?

Started by Lead_Deficiency, September 08, 2006, 07:33:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Lead_Deficiency

What do you think the odds would be of adapting one of those motorized windshield from a bmer, vstrom or honda to a V.  Those things are so sweet.

Night Vision

nilch............. windshield? these V's don't need no stinkin windshield.... they don't fairings either. why do you think your heads bob around when you're riding?

because you're messin around with the original Buddhist philosophy when they designed this bike........

think I'm kidding? read newsletter 4

if it ain't worth doing it the hard way....
it ain't worth doing it at all - Man Law
;D

if it ain't broke..... take it apart and find out why

don't give up.... don't ever give up - Jimmy Valvano

MotorPlow

My head doesn't bob around and I have a windshield. I was actually looking at the possibility of adding a vent on the windshield... sorta like the option the goldwing has.

67GTO

Pardon me all to pieces, but what is a motorized windshield?
" Like a dream he flies away, no more to be found,
banished like a Vision of the night."
                                                Job 20:8    NIV

h2olawyer

It allows the rider to adjust the height / angle of the windshield to compensate for wind conditions.  They're available on many modern sport - tourers & full tourers.  Lets you tailor the airflow to eliminate rumbling & buffeting, adapt to taller or shorter riders or give you more air for helmet ventilation.  The control is normally near one of the grips or on the dashboard area.  I think they're pretty nifty accessories.

H2O
If you have an accident on a motorcycle, it's always your fault. Tough call, but it has to be that way. You're in the right, and dead -on a bike. The principle is not to have any accident. If you're involved in an an accident, it's because you did not anticipate. Then, by default, you failed.

Paul_Jungnitsch

A clever fellow came up with a non motorized (but fully adjustable) windshield mount for the V-strom. It's become quite popular. I bought one for my strom and it works extremely well.

http://www.jackphelps.com/vstrom/vstrom650madstad.htm

http://www.madstad.com/servlet/Categories?category=Motorycle+Accessories

Tiger

8) Hey Paul,
That is a neat option....... 8)
Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well-preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming HOOOOYA lets go again baby !!!!!!

'82 Vision, Pearl Orange finish, lots of up-grades!!!

kiawrench

hmmmm, looks like a good idea,,, but mounting to a vison fairing or a vetter, it would be a bit of a task.

our fairings are not shaped the same in the windshield mount area, leading to a good bit of modification being needed.
   i have one of these darn mounts ,sitting in it's box waiting for my wife's brother to come get it- it wont mount to a vetter fairing in any way unless i make a steel ramp to bolt it to first ( the mock up looked like a turtle in a punch bowl)

i would like to cut a few spare screens , and extend them out to the sides about 8 inches,, then heat the thing up and mount it- block the wind from around the sides of the screen. height is great for me, but the wind comes around the sides,right into my hands- not too good on a cold day
keep your bike running,your beer cold ,and your passport handy.all are like money in the bank .