News:

Ridersofvision.net  welcomes you !

Main Menu

Winter Plans for the V

Started by haunter, September 11, 2006, 12:08:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

QBS

You're welcome.  A battery always on a BTJ when not being ridden will last for years and years.  A BTJ will pay for itself in one riding season vs. not using one during winter storage.  Cheers.

ps2/bikevision

tiger did mention useing one :D  well im gonna try to mess up my carbs, maybe a paint job, or some other crazy mod that will most likely never get finished. new battery, buy battery tender jr. (i usally use my battery charger which has a trickle charger in it.)

well lets be honest. with all the other toys sitting around, the vision will most likely see another winter sitting in the corner while i piddle my time away. ive got a bad case of lazyides. it is so much easier to sit on the couch and watch tv. then when spring comes ill be busting my but to get her running again for the 07 meet.

QBS

A trickle charger will eventually boil your battery dry.  A BTJ will never boil your battery dry.

Sable

Geeezzz.. mine should keep me busy until next riding season... here's the list:

1) Finnish the starter clutch fix as well as the balancer nut,
2) Carb rebuild & re-synq (bike has been sitting all summer because of my school in Mississippi),
3) Rebuild the master cylinder and finally get the stainless steel brake lines,
4) Need new levers on both sides (were bent when I bought the bike),
5) Finally install the new exhaust gasketts that I've had for about 8 months,
6) Re-Paint the tank, fender and body plastic,
7) Recover seat....
8) Print out all topics on this board for putting in the roller bearings... Will tackle this project after
    everything else since I don't have a front end wobble yet.

~Sable

Oh yeah... finnish my design for the ROV Patch  ;D
1982 Yamaha Vision
1982 Motobecane 50V
1975 Kawasaki H-1
1972 Rokon Trailbreaker