Great info guys ; And speaking of the dealer not knowing this bike......

Started by GT @ oh., September 16, 2006, 10:22:11 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

GT @ oh.

The guy had no idea what the piece; just behind and above right of yics; was or did.It looks like a dash pot thing with vac hose coming out the top.Any info on what it is and does would be helpful.                                                                                                   And on a side note took the bike out again and it seems to be running much better even my wife commented that it sounds alot better.The throttle up response at 2k-8k seems near perfect, at 8k + it breaks up till you ease off a bit on the throttle. Could it just have needed blown thru from its 4 year nap?  Is that possible?                                                                                           Now it sounds like a 900cc ninja when you decelerate and when you accelerate it sounds like a small sports car(love the sound of this bike:)                             I'll just listen now Greg

darkvision

GT, it's the fuel pump which is needed because the lower sections of the fuel are below the carburetors.
take care,  darkvision

haunter

82 with fairing, rejetted, 83 turbo seca fork and brakes coming whenver I acquire the rest of the parts, and she stops breaking long enough to be in the garage for an upgrade instead of a repair.

Superfly

It's an air filter.
A bad marrage is like dirty carbs... It just makes everything else suck.

MotorPlow

I think you're talking about the small air filter pod. It sits in a small 3 clip, black metal bracket, correct? That the one you're talking about?

GT @ oh.

Yes the three clip deal. What does it do????? and should I consider it for cleaning or?............??????

Sable

If I remember right, there is a hose coming off of that that goes to the air box flap... I'll have to wait until my wife moves her car out of the garage so I can get to my Vision and confirm it.

Best of luck  ;D

~Sable
1982 Yamaha Vision
1982 Motobecane 50V
1975 Kawasaki H-1
1972 Rokon Trailbreaker

louthepou

Hey Sable, I got back from the garage before you!  :D

That thingy is connected with a small hose to an inlet on the front side of the top part of the carb, just next to where the air box rubber collar sits on it.

Hope that makes sense,

Lou
Hi, my name is Louis, and I'm a Vision-o-holic