I'm still shock (in a good way)

Started by Serendipity, September 25, 2006, 12:35:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Serendipity

Well, I thought Dave was going to post the big news, but he hasn't yet...and I am busting at the seams to tell everyone who will listen. LOL

On Saturday, in celebration of Dave's first weekend off in a month we decided to take a little trip to the BMW dealer in Daytona. Ya know kick some tires, take some test drives....I'll spare you the details for now but, I am proud, over-joyed, ECSTATIC to report that he is now the owner of a 2005 LT and I am the owner of a 2001 R1200C.

Dave can speak for himself, but I am in LOOOOOOOOOVE. Words can not describe how freakin' sweet this bike is....I know everything is a matter of personal taste/opinion, but this bike is PERFECT for me.

Patti (who can NOT wait to get home and take her for another spin)

YellowJacket!

Pictures! Pictures!  The masses demand pictures!

Congratulations Patti and David.  ;D

David

Living the dream - I am now a Physician Assistant!!   :-)

haunter

Quote from: DaveTN on September 25, 2006, 12:48:16 PM
Pictures! Pictures!  The masses demand pictures!

Congratulations Patti and David.  ;D

David

x2!!!
82 with fairing, rejetted, 83 turbo seca fork and brakes coming whenver I acquire the rest of the parts, and she stops breaking long enough to be in the garage for an upgrade instead of a repair.

Serendipity

I'll steal the digital camera from work today and hopefully get you some pics by tommorow....but in the meantime if it's just killing 'ya LOL you could google image 2001 BMW R1200C, mine's blue and it also had hard leather saddle bags. Dave's is the 2005 BMW LT in I think it's titanium....a dark grey color.

Mutt

Does Tailwheel's have the hydrolic operated center stand?

Congrats to you both! Pictures...pictures please. You can even include some more surprise animals in them.

Mutt
"The internet is a great way to get on the net."
- Bob Dole, Republican presidential candidate
"I invented the internet." -Al Gore, Vice President

69shovel

cool looking bikes. i didn't know bmw made that style of motorcycle. congratulations!
-jay
69 chevelle
98 suburban
82 vision

h2olawyer

Grat bikes!  You do know that the "LT" stands for Light Truck . . .  ;D

Enjoy your new rides but don't neglect the Visions!

H2O
If you have an accident on a motorcycle, it's always your fault. Tough call, but it has to be that way. You're in the right, and dead -on a bike. The principle is not to have any accident. If you're involved in an an accident, it's because you did not anticipate. Then, by default, you failed.

YellowJacket!

Eeeeegaaadddds they're gorgeous!  Patti, does yours include the full fairing?  I googled and come up with one with a fairing and one without.  Either way they are both nice bikes.  If I'm not mistaken Patti, yours is similar to what the county mounted officers drive around here.  Nice bikes.

David

don_vanecek

Cool, now you will have to rewatch the BMW race scene  (or should I more correctly say escape scene) with James Bond in the movie "Golden Eye" give you some ideas what you can do on that Beemer! (just kidding of course).

don_vanecek

Opps, wrong James bond movie, the BMW escape scene is in "Tomorrow Never Dies" , Gee someone correct me if I still am still wrong on this.

YellowJacket!

Quote from: don_vanecek on September 25, 2006, 04:31:02 PM
Opps, wrong James bond movie, the BMW escape scene is in "Tomorrow Never Dies" , Gee someone correct me if I still am still wrong on this.

How funny....I thought that was a customised Vision.

David

kiawrench

ok,, you got the rides, now go to his site, and buy some "high dollar" looking leathers , or maybe just rain gear.   it will save you some serious money .

http://www.discount-leather.net/

they have some great leather products, and some really nice looking fabric stuff with soft armor ... and some really good wet weather gear,, not as if it will ever be needed in florida ... lmao
keep your bike running,your beer cold ,and your passport handy.all are like money in the bank .

dminor

Nice bikes, I've had my LT  for 2 years now and I love it. I've put more than 25K miles on it along with 30K on my Vision. I know you will love the way the BEEMER's ride. Try www.bmwlt.com, those guys are a great help.
   Don't feel bad if you hit the horn when trying to cancel the turn signals, it happens to everyone who is used to other bikes.
  Have fun!
Don ::)

Serendipity

Thanks for the congrats guys...actually D the cancelation on my bike is on the right, so i haven't hit the horn, but i have accidentally turned on the heated grips...yes i said heated grips!!! Mua-hahahahahaha!

Don't worry about the War Mare just yet there's still plenty of room in the garage....looks like my dad may adopt her for awhile and get his license...he's been wanting to do so really badly, but hasn't wanted to spend the money yet, so this might be away for me to help HIM out for once. LOL

As far as the LT= light truck comment, tell me about it!!! We stopped by a local biker bar last night and OMG his bike is HUGE compared to the others.....mine not be the biggest (though it's no slouch) but I gotta say it was without a doubt the hottest bike out there. Can you tell I'm proud?? And yes it does have the electric center stand...and trip computer, and 6 cd changer and zillion other bells and whistles. He rode it to work this morning, btw...hopefully tonight he will have time to log on and tell you about the new love of his life.

Went for my first REAL night ride and OMG! NOW I know why people like to ride at night. Heaven!!!!!

Dave: Mine doesn't have fairings..I think we've already established by now that I like my bikes nekkid. LOL Are you sure you are looking at the right one? I haven't seen any images of the R1200C with fairings. 

YellowJacket!

Patti,
I googled it and in my haste to see how cool a bike you got I clicked on a link for the R1200CL which has a fairing.  Either way its absolutely a gorgeous bike. ;D

David

MotorPlow

Are you looking to adopt any 38 year old kids? I can act very juvenile at times.

Heated Grips in Florida?

Serendipity

Too funny Motorplow!! Dave's always looking to adopt a 16 yr old cheerleader (dirty old man) but I don't think we need any kids older than us....heehee

YellowJacket!

Quote from: Serendipity on September 27, 2006, 02:27:50 PM
Too funny Motorplow!! ... but I don't think we need any kids older than us....heehee

ooooooooohhhhhhhhhhhhhh!!! Chrash and Burn there motorplow....she gotcha. ;D

David

h2olawyer

Hey Motorplow -

Maybe you could adopt them so they can care for you in your dotage!  ;D

H2O
If you have an accident on a motorcycle, it's always your fault. Tough call, but it has to be that way. You're in the right, and dead -on a bike. The principle is not to have any accident. If you're involved in an an accident, it's because you did not anticipate. Then, by default, you failed.

Mutt

Quote from: MotorPlow on September 27, 2006, 01:52:34 PM
Are you looking to adopt any 38 year old kids? I can act very juvenile at times.

Heated Grips in Florida?

38? Really? C'mon!  :D

Mutt (38 too)  :)
"The internet is a great way to get on the net."
- Bob Dole, Republican presidential candidate
"I invented the internet." -Al Gore, Vice President