News:

We would like to thank our supporting members for their generosity.

Main Menu

I'm still shock (in a good way)

Started by Serendipity, September 25, 2006, 12:35:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

MotorPlow

Brian Moffet

That's okay Mutt, Lucky and I are the same age as well.  (and it's more than 38)

Brian

vavision

It's not about living, it's about living well. Enjoy each moment.

Brian Moffet

Mutt

Quote from: Vision Rising on September 28, 2006, 10:47:56 AM
Quote from: vavision on September 28, 2006, 09:39:06 AM
Quote from: Serendipity on September 27, 2006, 02:27:50 PM
Dave's always looking to adopt a 16 yr old cheerleader
Who isn't?

Uh me.  They're too much of a drama queen. 

As the father of a 16 year old girl.....your right! Who needs a soap opera with my daughter around. Everyday is an adventure. I know I'll miss it some day but it gets a bit tooooooo much at times. Too many boyfriends for me to be running back ground checks on. I feel like the dad on "Meet the Parents". Anyone know where I can get a cheap lie dectector machine?

Mutt  :)
"The internet is a great way to get on the net."
- Bob Dole, Republican presidential candidate
"I invented the internet." -Al Gore, Vice President

crackerkorean

Congrats on the new bike.

always thought the R1200C looked interesting.

You guys enjoy your bikes.
Now to convince my wife she needs a motorcycle.

Mutt

Quote from: crackerkorean on September 28, 2006, 01:07:27 PM
Congrats on the new bike.

always thought the R1200C looked interesting.

You guys enjoy your bikes.
Now to convince my wife she needs a motorcycle.

I'll bet you could pick up a Kawasaki 454 Ltd pretty cheap. That would be a good starter bike for her. Very low seat height is great for flat footing.

Mutt
"The internet is a great way to get on the net."
- Bob Dole, Republican presidential candidate
"I invented the internet." -Al Gore, Vice President

kiawrench

as far as the adoption of kids older,,,,,,- remember,that worked for mork and mindy for two years,,,
keep your bike running,your beer cold ,and your passport handy.all are like money in the bank .

crackerkorean

Serendipity

Ok....finally got the pics together...prepare to drool...  ;)

http://i96.photobucket.com/albums/l188/RiderofVision/PattiBMW.jpg

http://i96.photobucket.com/albums/l188/RiderofVision/BMW.jpg

Went to Bike Night last night and it was almost embarassing, all of the positive comments I got from all kinds of riders...well, almost. LOL

h2olawyer

Awful purdy!  Looks like a fun bike.  Now you can say you're both a Visionary & an airhead!   ;D  :D  ;D

H2O
If you have an accident on a motorcycle, it's always your fault. Tough call, but it has to be that way. You're in the right, and dead -on a bike. The principle is not to have any accident. If you're involved in an an accident, it's because you did not anticipate. Then, by default, you failed.

kiawrench

mutt,   one quick note to help with 16 yr old daughter, ie those background checks and so on--

Rule One: If you pull into my driveway and honk you'd better be delivering a package, because you're sure as heck not picking anything up.

Rule Two:  You do not touch my daughter in front of me. You may glance at her, so long as you do not peer at anything below her neck. If you cannot keep your eyes or hands off of my daughter's body, I will remove them.

Rule Three:  I am aware that it is considered fashionable for boys of your age to wear their trousers so loosely that they appear to be falling off their hips. Please don't take this as an insult, but you and all of your friends are complete idiots. Still, I want to be fair and open minded about this issue, so I propose this compromise: You may come to the door with your underwear showing and your pants ten sizes too big, and I will not object. However, In order to assure that your clothes do not, in fact, come off during the course of your date with my daughter, I will take my electric staple gun and fasten your trousers securely in place around your waist.

Rule Four: I'm sure you've been told that in today's world, sex without utilizing a "barrier method" of some kind can kill you. Let me elaborate: when it comes to sex, I am the barrier, and I WILL kill you.

Rule Five: In order for us to get to know each other, we should talk about sports, politics, and other issues of the day. Please do not do this. The only information I require from you is an indication of when you expect to have my daughter safely back at my house, and the only word I need from you on this subject is "early."

Rule Six:  I have no doubt you are a popular fellow, with many opportunities to date other girls. This is fine with me as long as it is okay with my daughter. Otherwise, once you have gone out with my little girl, you will continue to date no one but her until she is finished with you. If you make her cry, I will make YOU cry.

Rule Seven: As you stand in my front hallway, waiting for my daughter to appear, and more than an hour goes by, do not sigh and fidget. If you want to be on time for the movie, you should not be dating. My daughter is putting on her makeup, a process which can take longer than painting the Golden Gate Bridge. Instead of just standing there, why don't you do something useful, like changing the oil in my car?

Rule Eight: The following places are not appropriate for a date with my daughter: Places where there are beds, sofas, or anything softer than a wooden stool. Places lacking parents, policemen, or nuns. Places where there is darkness. Places where there is dancing, holding hands, or happiness. Places where the ambient temperature is warm enough to induce my daughter to wear shorts, tank tops, midriff T-shirts, or anything other than overalls, a sweater, and a goose down parka zipped up to her chin. Movies with a strong romantic or sexual theme are to be avoided; movies which feature chainsaws are okay. Hockey games are okay.
(found online, dont know th eauthor,so dont blame me)

i use the tried and true method, i just whisper to the young fella,that sometmes ,a father wont mind going back to prison, especially if he gets to use high powered firearms from a relative short distance first
keep your bike running,your beer cold ,and your passport handy.all are like money in the bank .

Brian Moffet

Quote from: Vision Rising on September 28, 2006, 10:47:56 AM
Uh me.  They're too much of a drama queen. 

I should probably clarify, I don't have children.  The statement above is an extrapolation from many sources including my childhood and my current place of work.  I work at a University, in the Film Department.

If you imagine a bunch of 18 - 21 year old boys and girls, most of whom haven't discovered life yet and are now free from their parents.  The ones I deal with are also "Artists".  They are tempermental.  They believe they have the best story ever told on film in their heads.  They don't believe it has ever been done.  They want to shoot it in some obscure format because "It is more film like" even though the best showing they will ever see is some professor's TV set. 

Because they come from families where they did not face failure, and they were the ones going off to college, most of them can't understand that the department has to deal with over 500 of them per year.  I personally have to deal with over 180 per year, usually on a one-on-one basis or in small groups.

So, that's the basis of my experience with teen kids, male and female.  Yes, I believe the gender doesn't matter, they're both Drama Queens.

Hmm, I think the above also applies to the faculty  ;D

YellowJacket!

I use the same rules except I modified rule # 4 slightly.  I substitued Pneumatic Framing Nail Gun for electric stapler.  Its much more effective in keeping their pants on.

David

Living the dream - I am now a Physician Assistant!!   :-)