News:

We would like to thank our supporting members for their generosity.

Main Menu

Will be scarce for a bit

Started by hfarley, September 29, 2006, 11:10:48 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

hfarley

I just wanted to let you guys and gals know that I might be scarce for a bit. My father-in-law (the one that I have been talking about being in and out of the hospital recently) passed away on Sunday morning. This past week has been very hectic for me and basically my life will be changing a bit. He is survived by his mother who is 95 years old, his wife of 40 years, and his son (my husband). My mother-in-law does not drive so we will be visiting her regularly to ensure she has everything she needs as well as doing all the shopping, cleaning, etc.. for my husbands grandmother. Needless to say I will be riding as often as I can and will still be around. If you don't hear from me thats why. You guys/gals can always send me a personal email and I will get that straight to my cell. It is: hfarley1@aol.com. Thans for all the kind words previously and I will be in touch!
-Heather
Sometimes being insane in an insane world IS being sane

I don't suffer from insanity....I enjoy every minute of it!

Tiger

:(....Sad times Heather....Condolences from all of your OnROV Family, our thoughts and prayers will be with you, your husband and all of the family.

TIGER
Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well-preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming HOOOOYA lets go again baby !!!!!!

'82 Vision, Pearl Orange finish, lots of up-grades!!!

h2olawyer

Sorry to hear the sad news, Heather.  My thoughts & prayers to you, your husband & all  his family.

I just returned from Steamboat - attended the memorial service for a good friend's dad.  His dad & I had become pretty good friends over the last 30 plus years.  He was my favorite river guide, fly fishing pal & skiing buddy.  An amazing man who will be sorely missed by many people.  He was only 68 & left us all way too soon.  At least he left us with many fantastic stories & memories. RIP Bob!

H2O
If you have an accident on a motorcycle, it's always your fault. Tough call, but it has to be that way. You're in the right, and dead -on a bike. The principle is not to have any accident. If you're involved in an an accident, it's because you did not anticipate. Then, by default, you failed.

haunter

My condolences Heather, I hope the services and family time go well
82 with fairing, rejetted, 83 turbo seca fork and brakes coming whenver I acquire the rest of the parts, and she stops breaking long enough to be in the garage for an upgrade instead of a repair.

hfarley

thank you everyone. I really appreciate it. I do conside r you guys/gals family. My extended, not as weird as my own family. LOL! Its weird, I am actually pretty upset at his passing. When he was in the hospital hea nd I had a few really good heart to heart talks. I was becoming very close to him. I didn't tell my mother in law yet but sometimes I can't come out and say how I really feel. Sometimes it is better for me to write things down and give the letter to the person to let them know how I really feel about them. Before we went to the viewing I wrote a letter to my father-in-law. I placed it inside his suit jacket in the casket. I told him that I was very proud of him and the way he handled his illness. I also told him that I would look after his wife, mother and son. That he could move on to the place he was going to and not have to worry about them. I would take care of whatever they needed. I like to think that he knows what I said in my letter. I do know that my mother-in-law said to me that she couldn't have gotten through this without me. I hope I live up to my task at hand. I also took a rose from each of our floral arrangments and am pressing them. I plan on taking those roses and lamaniting them along with the prayer card and giving them to his wife, his mother and his son someday when it is appropriate. I still am having my moments but I am trying to be strong for his family. Why is it that I seem to get closer to a person and really feel like I am finally where I want to be with that person and then they die? It happened with my father as well. Two months before he died we were the closest and at the best times we had ever had together and then he died of a heart attack. Well I guess none of you had ever get too close to me. LOL! Seriously though, thank you so much for your kind words and support. You guys/gasl really are a part of my family.
-Heather
Sometimes being insane in an insane world IS being sane

I don't suffer from insanity....I enjoy every minute of it!

Serendipity

Man...I don't know what to say...I feel so bad for all that you have been having to go through lately. Prayers and love to you and all your family. Thankfully, I haven't had to go through any of what you have had to, but I know in time we all have to go through it.

Your family is so blessed to have someone as caring and strong as you. I know it must be so hard to feel like you have gotten close to them before they left us, but at least you do have that time where you were close. I am kinda going through a rough patch with my dad right now, and the funny thing is that Dave keeps suggesting I express myelf through a letter like you do. I think I should probably take your example.

Give a big hug to those furbabies, they always understand. :) And when you can take the Vision out for a run to clear your mind and let go a little. During times like these it is easy to forget to take care of yourself.

Love ya,
Your Visionary Sister