OFF ROAD HARLEY ON THE DRAGON!

Started by Mutt, October 04, 2006, 11:20:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mutt

This video shows it only takes one dumb quick move and you'll find yourself in the jungle! I don't know what this Harley rider was thinking but anyway......the video is worth a thousand words. Enjoy...learn....live!

http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=-4206826673549984946

Mutt  :)
"The internet is a great way to get on the net."
- Bob Dole, Republican presidential candidate
"I invented the internet." -Al Gore, Vice President

Tiger

:) What a DICK....... ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D :D :D :D :D ;)
Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well-preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming HOOOOYA lets go again baby !!!!!!

'82 Vision, Pearl Orange finish, lots of up-grades!!!

ProfessorRex

Wow, thats what makes us look terible in the eyes of the public. AND learn to TURN THE BIKE ASSHOLE!!! He didn't even lean.
Hey honey, uh, I got another vision... HONEY??? Oh yea, thats right she moved out...

Mutt

Quote from: ProfessorRex on October 04, 2006, 11:47:11 PM
Wow, thats what makes us look terible in the eyes of the public. AND learn to TURN THE BIKE ASSHOLE!!! He didn't even lean.

He accelerated so quickly with such a large bike. He didn't have a chance. He paniced and hit the brakes which straightend the bike up...no turnieeeee! It was one of those areas where you can see through about 3 curves and know there's nothing coming. He's lucky it wasn't one of the deep rocky revenes that lurk on that side. I just wonder if he left something for the tree-o-shame.

Mutt  :D

Lucky

no one noticed the next video??!! y'all better look!  ;D ;D
http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=5291820960837411488
1982/3 XZ550 Touring Vison, Gold on Black

Mutt

Well, I was hoping no one would notice. I've been loosing weight! I look like the Michelin man on a moped.

That was dragon before last with PS2, Motorplow, Shanland and Me. I didn't have the fairing on then.

Mutt  :-\

supervision

Wow, some guys can sure ride!  Did you see those 2 stroke meet videos?  the number of bikes  thanks for the link, Mutt
" border="0

Brian Moffet

The commentary by the guy driving is pretty odd. 

Mutt

Quote from: Vision Rising on October 05, 2006, 10:59:50 AM

Yeah, it kind of leaves me wondering if maybe they were doing some road hogging or something. Why else would they be worried they might get their donkeys kicked?

Mutt

VinceDee

Quote from: Mutt on October 05, 2006, 11:03:46 AM
Quote from: Vision Rising on October 05, 2006, 10:59:50 AM

Yeah, it kind of leaves me wondering if maybe they were doing some road hogging or something. Why else would they be worried they might get their donkeys kicked?

Mutt

Mainly because those are Harley riders. These people in the van assumed that Harley riders would kick their asses if they stopped (they probably thought they were a gang...lol). It's the image that Harley riders love, and what keeps then spending $20000 a pop on those otherwise inferior motorcycles.

Did you notice that the guy riding behind "Mr. Accident" also went flying off the road (though he recovered)? He was blindly following the guy in front of him. That's something we all have to be careful about: It's okay to take some cues from the rider in front of you, but you have to develop your own line around a corner and not just follow somebody else's.

I hate to see any rider go down, but he went off the road at a slow enough speed that I imagine the only thing hurt was his pride (and wallet)

Vince
Always ride as if all the car drivers are trying to kill you and make it look like an accident, because some of them are.

Lucky

I think his pride (and wallet) were hurt the day he bought that bike!
1982/3 XZ550 Touring Vison, Gold on Black

glennw

And he didn't have the balls, the bike or the skill to ride it out the other side like a CROV rider did!  ::)
Half Mad Max

Extent

Ahh I've seen this one before, I think Killboy had it posted at some point, or maybe someone left it in a comment on his site.  Looks to me like he may have actually been using almost all of his ground clearance, especially if he had highway pegs or something like that that sat lower than his hardbags.  'bout half way through he either bumped off hard bits or sat on the brakes, then he locked up the rear but by that time he was long gone.  I guess we can say here that his eyes were bigger than his stomach, heh.

And these guys probably didn't see a bunch of harley riders, but instead a group of hells angles.  But seriously, if these guys were going so slow that this group of harleys was even thinking about passing them it's not like they could have gotten away if the riders decided to chase after them.
Rider1>No wonder, the Daytona has very sharp steering and aggressive geometry.  It's a very difficult bike for a new rider.
Rider2>Well it has different geometry now.

supervision

Hey, check out the  Two Stroke Video  on that page, there are many pictures of vintage triples ect..

" border="0

YellowJacket!

After watching six or seven of those videos, especially "the deficients", I can say without a doubt that I am now suffering from motion sickness.  :o

I'm gonna go lay down now.

David

Living the dream - I am now a Physician Assistant!!   :-)

kiawrench

i have been tossed into those woods ,by my first vision( thank you brake drum control rod bolts)the only way out for that bike was by wrecker,and a good chain, bike most likely got damaged a lot in the pull out.
that looked like a rider trying to ride for his buddies,,, way above his personal skill level.
bet next time ,he doesnt try to pass in those types of turns

i did notice something, the rider was in full panic as soon as he cleared the truck/van /motorhome!

sorry to say it, but he had to be a fully self trained rider on a rented bike.  hope he is ok,,, being in such a hurry most likely ruined a very good bike.
keep your bike running,your beer cold ,and your passport handy.all are like money in the bank .

Mutt

That rider's pants was full of shit, lots of big brown stinky shit!  :P

Mutt

vavision

Why does the vision video say zx550... and why is lindsay lohan lucky's avatar?
It's not about living, it's about living well. Enjoy each moment.

Brian Moffet

Well, Lucky decided that he was not happy in his life.  He needed a change.  The move from New Jersey caused some soul-searching. He decided that there was a pop-star hiding in his bearded body, just screaming to get out.

He'd been planning on the surgery for months, and finally rebuilt enough carbs to pull it off.

don_vanecek

The two stroke meet brings back some old memorys. Sorta wish I coulda held on to my 1967? Yamaha 180 twin two stroke just for the novolty of it. It would be a very rare bike nowdays! Only rode a 750 Kaw triple once. For the last three months there has been what I would guess is a 1976 Yamaha RD400 sitting across the street from where I work in what I know is a rental house. Have never seen it move, but its looks good!  I keep hoping to see someone out there someday and see what they plan to do with it, who knows, they may want to part with it real cheap! (oh sure another project bike when its enough just to keep the V going!)