Main Menu

lesson to riders

Started by ps2/bikevision, October 07, 2006, 03:11:24 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ps2/bikevision

i came across this on another forum and had to pass it along. it made me sick to my stomic when i read it.

http://www.speedfreakinc.com/content/articles/riding/roadrashqueen.html

Mutt

And here is another way it happens. This is probably how your girl was dressed.

http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=5251192865116221222&q=girl+wheelie&hl=en

This almost happened to me and my wife when we first got married 23 years ago. I was at a traffic light next to a GT Mustang. He raced his engine while I was on my GS750. I forgot all about my wife being on the back. Testosterone kicked in and away we went. Next thing I knew it felt like my kidneys were being ripped out! My wife dug her nails in TIGHT!  :'(

Side note: I did beat the stang!  :)

Mutt
"The internet is a great way to get on the net."
- Bob Dole, Republican presidential candidate
"I invented the internet." -Al Gore, Vice President

Tiger

Quote from: ps2 on October 07, 2006, 03:11:24 AM
i came across this on another forum and had to pass it along. it made me sick to my stomic when i read it.

http://www.speedfreakinc.com/content/articles/riding/roadrashqueen.html
....If this story and picture's pushes YOU to wear "ALL THE GEAR, ALL THE TIME"....Then she has done a fine job of one-day saving your ass.....Because it will happen to you....ONE DAY... :o

As someone once said ABOUT MOTORCYCLE ACCIDENT'S..."There are two types of rider's.....Those that have and those that will"....Which one are you... ::)

ME.....I bare the scar's, although very minor, of some of my spill's...oooh & ouch... :-[

:o.......TIGER....... ::)
Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well-preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming HOOOOYA lets go again baby !!!!!!

'82 Vision, Pearl Orange finish, lots of up-grades!!!

VinceDee

wow, thanks for the link. This is what we should take away from this:

THE FINAL OUTCOME

My road rash will take several years to completely heal and will never look or feel normal again. I have conquered the only fear that kept me from riding and I will never put myself in the same position to receive such injuries as I have lived through this past year. I stress the importance of wearing full gear to each and every person I ride with, talk to, or even who happens to read my story. I believe that my experiences are a lesson to every type of rider or passenger. I would never wish the pain I felt and still feel today upon anyone in this world. It is completely avoidable with a few extra layers, and I can’t say it enough: it is undeniably worth it to gear up. Everything I have gone through this past year will not be in vain if my testimony is enough to save someone’s skin.
Always ride as if all the car drivers are trying to kill you and make it look like an accident, because some of them are.

Superfly

Quote from: Mutt on October 07, 2006, 04:17:07 AM
This almost happened to me and my wife when we first got married 23 years ago. I was at a traffic light next to a GT Mustang. He raced his engine while I was on my GS750. I forgot all about my wife being on the back. Testosterone kicked in and away we went. Next thing I knew it felt like my kidneys were being ripped out! My wife dug her nails in TIGHT!  :'(

Side note: I did beat the stang!  :)

Mutt

Mutt, how was the conversation with "Mrs. Mutt" when you finally got off the bike?  I had a similar experience, and lets just say she kicked me in a place that guys don't like to be kicked.....
A bad marrage is like dirty carbs... It just makes everything else suck.

Mutt

Mutt, how was the conversation with "Mrs. Mutt" when you finally got off the bike?  I had a similar experience, and lets just say she kicked me in a place that guys don't like to be kicked.....
[/quote]

It only took a couple of years for her to get over it. She usually holds a grudge much longer. It wasn't really a conversation. It was a one way talk if you know what I mean.  ::)

Mutt
"The internet is a great way to get on the net."
- Bob Dole, Republican presidential candidate
"I invented the internet." -Al Gore, Vice President