News:

We rely on our supporters to help keep us running. Thank You!

Main Menu

1983 vision 550 rk

Started by BREWSKI, October 11, 2006, 07:21:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

BREWSKI

Can anyone let me know how fast this bike is? 0-60, standing quater mile? looks like it should go pretty good,don,t have it running yet.......Brewski
GEORGE BATES

zore

1982 Yamaha XZ550
1995 Ducati M900

h2olawyer

Actually, those specs are for the 1982 XZ550RJ but the 83 is about the same - supposedly a tad quicker, but not much.  Fairing weight takes some performance away while the aerodynamics (in theory) make an improvement, along with the improved carbs.

H2O
If you have an accident on a motorcycle, it's always your fault. Tough call, but it has to be that way. You're in the right, and dead -on a bike. The principle is not to have any accident. If you're involved in an an accident, it's because you did not anticipate. Then, by default, you failed.

haunter

82 with fairing, rejetted, 83 turbo seca fork and brakes coming whenver I acquire the rest of the parts, and she stops breaking long enough to be in the garage for an upgrade instead of a repair.

Lucky

i don't usually keep track of my milage, but on our trip to Deals Gap, i got about 72mpg...
1982/3 XZ550 Touring Vison, Gold on Black

haunter

82 with fairing, rejetted, 83 turbo seca fork and brakes coming whenver I acquire the rest of the parts, and she stops breaking long enough to be in the garage for an upgrade instead of a repair.

YellowJacket!

Quote from: Lucky on October 12, 2006, 07:09:27 PM
i don't usually keep track of my milage, but on our trip to Deals Gap, i got about 72mpg...

I got about 60mpg on that trip. ;D

David

Living the dream - I am now a Physician Assistant!!   :-)

zore

Dave,

You have 82 or 83 carbs on yours?
1982 Yamaha XZ550
1995 Ducati M900