Main Menu

Vision Therapy

Started by hfarley, October 13, 2006, 11:18:49 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

hfarley

OK, after having a stressful few weeks things are starting to quiet down a little. Well yesterday was super hectic at work and really put me back into a grouchy mood. I don't know if I told you gang or not but I am bi-polar so I already have good days and bad days. (Thanks to new meds they are mostly good days). Anyway, I had an appointment with my p-doc last night and I didn't really want to go since work was so crazy and since I was in a grumpy mood. I decided what the heck, I'll take the bike to the appointment. Well Halfway to the doctors I noticed this weird thing happening to my frown. It was starting to turn. Slowly but surely it became a smile. By the time I got to the appointment I was grinning from ear to ear. Then all the funny looks I got when I walked in and sat down with my leather jacket, helmet in hand and tank bag. LOL! I love those people that have to stare but don't want you to think that they are looking at you. LOL! Not to mention my doc said look at you biker chick. After filling him in on all the goings on lately in my life he was floored by the fact that I was smiling and happy. Thats when I told him I have my own sort of therapy. I get out on the bike and ride. He wrote me a prescription for my meds and then told me as part of my therapy I need to make sure I got on the bike every now and then and rode just for the heck of it. LOL! So there is officially another reason now for me to ride the Vison.  For all you who need something to tell to your significant other. Just tell them its therapy! LOL!

I LOVE MY VISION!!!
-Heather

PS. I continued that smile all the way home too.
Sometimes being insane in an insane world IS being sane

I don't suffer from insanity....I enjoy every minute of it!

Serendipity

Awesome girl!!! So glad you found your smile!!! Now don't forget to follow doctor's orders and ride, ride, ride! :)

kiawrench

once all of the wrenches are clean and put away, and the meters are shut down and safey in a protected space, and once the trickle charger has done it's thing, a ride of any length can make you feel good about yourself, since you are th eone that made it possible.  yes ,, riding your V is good for you, it not only the bike, but the feeling you get inside every time, knowing that YOU are the person that made it run .     i say ride all you can,,, maybe can tell Dr. to take a walk- wont need his voodoo anymore !

( i hate doctors, they seem to be too happy to overmedicate and label everyone-- i save a good bit by not filling my prescriptions, i just ride my v anyplace i am not flying )
keep your bike running,your beer cold ,and your passport handy.all are like money in the bank .

Tiger

;D ....Could always advise the Doc' to get their own therapy Vision... ;D ;D :D ;)
Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well-preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming HOOOOYA lets go again baby !!!!!!

'82 Vision, Pearl Orange finish, lots of up-grades!!!

hfarley

LOL instead of take two asperins and call me in the morning we could say, take two Visions, go for a ride and then beep as you go past my office in the morning. LOL!
-Heather
Sometimes being insane in an insane world IS being sane

I don't suffer from insanity....I enjoy every minute of it!

YellowJacket!

My Eye Doctor wants a Vision...seriously.  I rode mine to his office one day and he just loved it.  ;D

David

Living the dream - I am now a Physician Assistant!!   :-)