News:

We would like to thank our supporting members for their generosity.

Main Menu

California Riders Of Vision Fall Run

Started by glennw, May 18, 2004, 07:21:02 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

glennw

09/28/04...HEY GUYS..... only 3 days left to get in on this...
If you are coming please let Ron or me know..
You don't want to miss out now do you?
GlennW

On the heels of our first successful group ride, the California Riders of Vision would like to invite all V riders to attend our 1st annual fall rally. Another great central California location has been selected based of it's location, the beautiful weather in fall, and most important: outstanding riding in the area.
Ron McCoy has some great accommodations lined up a very reasonable prices. ?;D

??? When: October 2-3
 ??? Where: Johnsondale California. (about 15 miles north of Lake Isabella)
Deadline for arranged accommodations is September 1st.
We will post more on the rooms as we go along.
If you prefer to camp there a some campgrounds (on the Kern River) within 2-3 miles.
If you miss the deadline you can arrange a room in Kernville about 10 miles away.

We had 5 V's last time. It was a good time had by all.
Where were YOU? ????
I have been on most of the roads here and I can tell this is some of the finest riding you will ever do. ;D

So... don't miss this chance. You have plenty of time to prep the V for this one. ?;)

GlennW

Half Mad Max

glennw

It's time to start thinking about this you guys.
Glennw
Half Mad Max

Ron_McCoy

We will need to know how many people will be attending by the end of August in order to make reservations.  We are
looking to reserve multiple cabins if enough of us will be attending.  What Glenn says about the riding in the area is
absolutely correct.  

Superfly

I am in, (I live in Los Angeles) how many days is it?
A bad marrage is like dirty carbs... It just makes everything else suck.

glennw

Saturday and Sunday. Some will show up Friday afternoon I'm sure. I may take out of Santa Barbara about noon Friday, It takes me 4 hours to ride the backroads.
From LA (depending on what part of LA) it's about 2-3 hours
to Johnsondale.
GlennW
Half Mad Max

glennw

Could we get a tentative list going on this. I would expect the folks from the last ride will try to make it.
My thinking is it will spur some more V riders in California out of the woodwork.
Confirmed:
me
Ron McCoy
.....the other guys from the last ride:
Greg Branche
Brian  Moffett
Don Minor
Lets get up to a dozen and we can be considered a "gang of V twin thugs invading the area"
LOL

Half Mad Max

glennw

We are getting down to the short strokes on reserving rooms as a group at very reasonable rates.
When I last e-mailed Ron we had until the end of August.
This is going to be a great ride, lets hear from those V riders who are interested... ::)
GlennW
Half Mad Max

glennw

Ron McCoy is having trouble posting on the site so I am posting the following for him:

OK California Riders of Vision, its nearly time for our Autumn
 ? ?Rally. My wife and I have a time-share at Johnsondale which ?is about 20 miles upriver from Kernville, Ca. Johnsondale is an ?old sawmill town at 4700 ft. elevation in the Sierras. We can ? reserve a cabin for up to 20 people for the weekend. Guests are ? $ 10 per day and must be included in the reservation. The cabins ?are a little rustic but clean and have modern plumbing and ?conveniences. The only inconvenience is that there is only one ?restroom per cabin so we will have to share. This is usually not ?a problem and there are other restrooms and showers available.
 ? ?There is an olympic size swimming pool, a recreation hall for kids ?and one for adults, a dance hall and a lake so there will be ? entertainment for those who don't go riding. Guest reservations ?have to be paid for even if they're not used so please come if you ?make one. E-mail me at ron.mccoy@dopaco.com if you plan to stay with us.
 ? ?Accomodations are available at Kernville or Wofford Heights for those who prefer their privacy, or just want their own restroom. Kernville ?is the source for gasoline and restaurants in the area so we will be ?passing through there during the weekend and coordination with those who wish to stay there should not be a problem.
 ? ?The riding and the scenery in the area are breathtaking with many more oustanding motorcycle roads than we will be able to ride in one weekend.

Ron Mc Coy

I just want to add you do not want to miss this ride!!!!!
Deadline to reserve the rooms is ?8/31 !!!!
GlennW

Half Mad Max

gbranche

I just sent a note to Ron to confirm that Matt and I, along with the rest of the family, will be attending.

Greg

glennw

Superfly... are you going to make it?     ???
Come on California  !!!!     8)
You will not regret this trip. ;D

PS
We have V's in all conditions show up last time. It's not about the "show" it's about riding the "V"  and being with other people who understand what it's like owning one of these bikes!!!

GlennW

Half Mad Max

Superfly

I am in!! Where do i sign.. I am going on vacation for about a week (starting in about 2 hours) and will be back to make arrangements.  I live out in Lancaster, so I don't think the ride is out too far from my house.

Brian Moffet

What's the sleeping arrangement of the Cabin anyway?  Sleeping bags on the living room floor, bedrooms?

Just curious.

Brian

Ron_McCoy

That would be bedrooms. You'll need to bring your own
bedding, sheets, pillows, etc.

glennw

Superfly,
You can contact Ron McCoy at his e-mail address posted in this thread or you can send me a message on this site.
GlennW

Do we have MORE California V riders???? ? ::)

Link to the story from my last ride in that area:
http://www.ghetti.net/cgi-bin/ROVBB/YaBB.pl?board=RideReview;action=display;num=1066401669
Ron says the roads are now clean!!!
Half Mad Max

Venture

Wow, it must be nice. I was just thinkin' about a Vision get together today, but California?!?  Hey, anybody here of any other Vision rallies in Ontario or the northern states???

Superfly

I just shot Ron an E-mail confirming that I am in.  My wife wants to go, but we are not sure yet.  Finally got all of the bugs out of the V, and I am ready for a road trip!!

h2olawyer

Howdy -

I know this is a "California" event but could a Colorado V tag along? ?I have some tentative plans that will take me to San Diego Oct. 4~7. ?I'll be driving my truck anyway & it would be no problem to load up the bike & extra tools / equipment for a couple fun days of Visionary comraderie!  (with these bikes, especially in the expected numbers, it would be nice to have some tools to do any easy couple hour fixes)

I guess y'all can count me as a definite maybe. ?I should know more by the end of this week or early next. ?I'll e-mail Ron for room details.  How 'bout some of the other western states Visionaries?

H2O
If you have an accident on a motorcycle, it's always your fault. Tough call, but it has to be that way. You're in the right, and dead -on a bike. The principle is not to have any accident. If you're involved in an an accident, it's because you did not anticipate. Then, by default, you failed.

glennw

H20....The more V's the better  ;D
Maybe someday we could make it a "Western States" V gathering.
I have a feeling we will have lots of tools and spare parts on hand!
Half Mad Max

gbranche

QuoteMy wife wants to go, but we are not sure yet. ?Finally got all of the bugs out of the V, and I am ready for a road trip!!
If it'll help at all, you can mention to your wife that she won't be the only wife there among us testosterone-crazed bikers. My wife and kids will be there for the weekend, too. I assume that Ron's wife will be there as well. (She attended the last gathering as an active participant, and provided some input on the two-up capabilities of the GTS. :) )

QuoteI know this is a "California" event but could a Colorado V tag along?
Hell yes! The more the merrier. If we start pushing the limits of the building capacity, I'll just bring my tent trailer along for some extra sleeping space. (Well, more accurately, I'll have my wife bring it along behind the four-wheeled vehicle...)

QuoteI have a feeling we will have lots of tools and spare parts on hand!
Like we did in May, and didn't have to use any of it. ?:D

Greg
(busy studying maps in great detail, and doing much research at http://www.pashnit.com...)

Brian Moffet

I'm in.  I'll send email to Ron about a spot in the Cabin.

Brian (I'll wash my bike this time)