California Riders Of Vision Fall Run

Started by glennw, May 18, 2004, 07:21:02 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

glennw

Brian, if you wash your bike how will we know it's yours? ;D

Looking forward to seeing the last V group again and some new folks as well.
Does anybody know how to get a hold of Don Minor?

GlennW
Half Mad Max

Brian Moffet

I'll put a magnetic sign on my fairing.

Superfly

I was thinking of a really smokin' paint job for the run,  I think I am going to go with old faithful.... primer grey ;D ;D
A bad marrage is like dirty carbs... It just makes everything else suck.

Ron_McCoy

Cool, then I wouldn't be the only one with a primer paint job.

Don Minor

8)Hi gang,
I just read all about the next ride. Looks like I'll be getting the iron butt award,again! I'll send Ron an e-mail to confirm a room.See you there.
Don

Ron_McCoy

Last call for the CROV Autumn Rally for the folks who want to stay at Johnsondale with us.  We'll make reservations
tomorrow morning.
See you there,

Ron

Superfly

Hey Ron,

My wife can't make it, It will just be me.
A bad marrage is like dirty carbs... It just makes everything else suck.

glennw

So I am adding this up in my head... 5 V's from last time and two new guys... (H20 are you coming?) = 7 V's  ;)
Up until the last ride I had never see another one on the road, amazing....
Yea this is going to be good.... ;D
GlennW
Half Mad Max

h2olawyer

Glenn -

I am still planning on attending.  Will probably go even if my San Diego plans fall through.  Am sending a check to Ron for my lodging this afternoon.  Looking forward to putting a face with some of the names.  Should be fun.

Hoping to see a bit of Sequoia Nat'l Park while there and definitely stopping at the Grand Canyon for a day on my way back to Colorado.  Two more parks to check off my list!   8)

H2O
If you have an accident on a motorcycle, it's always your fault. Tough call, but it has to be that way. You're in the right, and dead -on a bike. The principle is not to have any accident. If you're involved in an an accident, it's because you did not anticipate. Then, by default, you failed.

glennw

H2O, most excellent,  seven confirmed V's !!!

GlennW

Half Mad Max

Brian Moffet

this might cause a large explosion, knocking California into an island state you know...

gbranche

QuoteHoping to see a bit of Sequoia Nat'l Park while there and definitely stopping at the Grand Canyon for a day on my way back to Colorado. ?Two more parks to check off my list! ? 8)

H2O
If you're going to Sequoia NP, you may as well visit Kings Canyon NP too, and check one more off your list. I went camping there a couple of years ago, and it was definitely worth the trip. I'd say it rivals Yosemite or Grand Canyon, but without the crowds.

Greg

h2olawyer

Kind of thought I'd be able to get to both parks.  I tend to think of Sequoia & Kings as one big park instead of two.  Glad to hear it isn't as crowded as Yosemite.  May delay my departure on to San Diego until Monday, Oct 4 just to give them a better visit.

Thinking about a Yellowstone / Glacier trip either early or late next summer.  Probably try to do it on the Vision.  Don't think I'll camp, though.  I'm at the age now where I really appreciate a good bed & real plumbing for showers between long stints on a bike.  10 ~ 20 years ago, camping with the bike was great.  I save the minimalist stuff for an occasional wilderness trip or some of the longer hikes to get atop some of the 14,000 ft. peaks here.

Looking forward to seeing those attending & the sight of at least 7 Visions all parked in a row and in formation on the roads should be fantastic!

H2O
If you have an accident on a motorcycle, it's always your fault. Tough call, but it has to be that way. You're in the right, and dead -on a bike. The principle is not to have any accident. If you're involved in an an accident, it's because you did not anticipate. Then, by default, you failed.

Ron_McCoy

Our reservation has been approved and confirmed so we are
set for lodging for our rally.

glennw

HEY GUYS..... only 10 days left to get in on this...
If you are coming please let Ron or me know..
You don't want to miss out now do you?
GlennW

On the heels of our first successful group ride, the California Riders of Vision would like to invite all V riders to attend our 1st annual fall rally. Another great central California location has been selected based of it's location, the beautiful weather in fall, and most important: outstanding riding in the area.
Ron McCoy has some great accommodations lined up a very reasonable prices. ?

?When: October 2-3
 ?Where: Johnsondale California. (about 15 miles north of Lake Isabella)
Deadline for arranged accommodations is September 1st.
We will post more on the rooms as we go along. ?
If you prefer to camp there a some campgrounds (on the Kern River) within 2-3 miles. ?
If you miss the deadline you can arrange a room in Kernville about 10 miles away.

We had 5 V's last time. It was a good time had by all.
Where were YOU? ?
I have been on most of the roads here and I can tell this is some of the finest riding you will ever do. ?

So... don't miss this chance. ?
GlennW
Half Mad Max

Cougar_Dave

I bought my '82 Vision from a junk yard last year as a project to tinker with, and have been disassembling/restoring it ever since.  Since the engine is still in several pieces in the garage, I won't be riding, but  I plan to drive over that Saturday and see an actual Vision.  I've never seen on "in the flesh", only on-line, so this should inspire me to finish it up.

h2olawyer

QuoteI've never seen on "in the flesh", only on-line, so this should inspire me to finish it up.

Hi Cougar_Dave -

Looking forward to seeing you.  You should get plenty of ideas and thus lots of incentive to finish your project!  Sounds like there will be at least 6 Visions there.  :o  Ron or one of you other California organizers may have a more difinitive Vcount now.  (Could be enough to set off "the big one" or at least cause the earth's magnetic poles to reverse.)  8)

I've only seen three at the same time and that was just after I got mine in '84.  A good friend bought another '82 when I did and there was one other in Steamboat Springs at the time.  Didn't know the owner of the third one but stopped to look once when it was parked.  That's the only '83 I've seen up close.

H2O

supervision

Sorry for the late reply on attending the  rally next weekend. I have taken friday off work and should be in the Johnsondale area by late afternoon. I'll be bringing my bike in my pickup and plan on staying in my small trailer.   I'm coming down from the north and see that there are some roads that cut over from 99 at delano area, are these good roads or should I go into bakersfield and take 178?  any sugestions?     this should be fun!  hope to meet everyone soon, Dave   (supervision)  so many hot stators in one area may be considered fire hazard!  
" border="0

VisionMeister

Thinking about riding in Saturday Morning. How do we find you and what time are you expecting to leave on a group ride? ???

Ron_McCoy

Looks like seven Vs for our rally, It may be the most in one
place since they unloaded the boat.
Welcome Supervision and Cougar Dave.