...done it, again!!!...Up-date...

Started by Tiger, October 14, 2006, 12:20:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tiger

:) Well, I've gone and done it, again.......  ::) I have just been to pick up a winter project...another Vision... :o . A black '82 in not bad shape. The guy I bought it from purchased it in '85...slightly used...and had many great year's with her, then...wedding bell's, house, rug rat, etc.....Vision goes into storage.
Eight year's or so later...it's in my garage... ;D ;D ;D Once I get a chance to look her over properly, I'll up-date this "post". It does need an exhaust as the original has vanished into a pile of dust... ;) Any one out there got a spare they would like to sell/swap... ???

;D.......TIGER....... ;D     
Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well-preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming HOOOOYA lets go again baby !!!!!!

'82 Vision, Pearl Orange finish, lots of up-grades!!!

haunter

I will in a while, but I haven't gotten to the point where I can do teh new exhaust yet
82 with fairing, rejetted, 83 turbo seca fork and brakes coming whenver I acquire the rest of the parts, and she stops breaking long enough to be in the garage for an upgrade instead of a repair.

Night Vision

I've got head pipes if you want them......

and you're welcome to these dusty ones if ya want  :o
if it ain't worth doing it the hard way....
it ain't worth doing it at all - Man Law
;D

if it ain't broke..... take it apart and find out why

don't give up.... don't ever give up - Jimmy Valvano

Tiger

Quote from: Night Vision on October 14, 2006, 01:20:40 PM
I've got head pipes if you want them......

and you're welcome to these dusty ones if ya want  :o
Dave,
How good/bad are those "dusty" one...
Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well-preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming HOOOOYA lets go again baby !!!!!!

Night Vision

Quote from: Tiger on October 14, 2006, 06:10:03 PM
How good/bad are those "dusty" one...

well, remember that pic of StinkBomb I sent ya?..... that was her good side  :o

Tell ya what.... I have that other set that (for some reason) came without baffles.. They are solid and actually real good shape.. They might be loud, I've never had them on, but hey... you like loud  ;D ;D

consider them saved for you.... if you find something better, go for it...but dont rush into something because you think you have to.

Are you going Britt / Cafe on this one?

Phase I of......  8) 8) 8) 8) "Project PoopDeck"  8) 8) 8) 8) ........ is coming along nicely. DeckBike is just about only a rolling chassis, should be dropping the engine shortly.. StinkBomb has no idea she'll be getting slaughtered  ;)... just sitting there fat, dumb and happy...

.... and SmokeBomb is looking so fine compared to the other two  :D :D

They'll have company tomorrow... CherryBomb is coming up for the winter.. tapered bearings.... shorties and rearsets (hopefully)... new shoes cuz the fun rolled right off those new Dunlops  >:(

If I took a pic of the four of them in my garage.... I'd have the New York State record for most Visions in one place at one time  :D :D :D
... Heck, TDub only brought two up for the Syracuse Mile

;D

Tiger

Quote from: Night Vision on October 14, 2006, 08:18:49 PM
consider them saved for you.... if you find something better, go for it...but don't rush into something because you think you have to.

Are you going Britt / Cafe on this one?

N_V,
Thanks...Hang onto them for me for a wee while, I will let you know in the next day or so.

I'm thinking...maybe..."cafe Racer" in...British racing green, clip-on handle bar's with rear set's, single seat set-up, chopped tail end, etc.....Lets see what the spring brings forth... ;)

8).......TIGER....... 8)

haunter

Tiger, I have a seca turbo triple tree that takes old school handlebars if you want it, its just sitting there in the garage, of course, that would require you getting seca turbo or 83 forks......
82 with fairing, rejetted, 83 turbo seca fork and brakes coming whenver I acquire the rest of the parts, and she stops breaking long enough to be in the garage for an upgrade instead of a repair.

Tiger

Quote from: haunter on October 15, 2006, 11:08:52 AM
Tiger, I have a seca turbo triple tree that takes old school handlebars if you want it, its just sitting there in the garage, of course, that would require you getting seca turbo or 83 forks......

Thank-you, but not at present. However, once I decide which direction this project will take, I may come back to you... ;)

8)........TIGER........ 8)

haunter

it'll be here, I figure its usefull enough to not throw it away!

Tiger

:) Up-date.....She has a little over 23,000Km's or aprox' 14,500 mile's on the clock.
The tire's, which where near new when she came off the road, are toast, as is the battery... ::), handle bar grip's (foam type) and she has a small (1") rip in the seat cover. However, she does come with the original tool kit...  :o, which was tucked away in the "glove box" in the rear tail light... :o
I have e-mailed pictures to a few of the guy's, who may want to post them for me, given I'm "computer challenged"... ::)  :-[ :-[ :-[

8).......TIGER....... 8)

Night Vision

Quote from: Tiger on October 15, 2006, 07:11:04 PM
:) Up-date..... I'm "computer challenged"... ::)  :-[ :-[ :-[

8).......TIGER....... 8)

me too so here's the pic............. hope it came out good  ::)
really sorry  about that John... but I named 'er good ;)

;D

Night Vision

ok... teasing.... here's the real

8) 8) 8) 8) 8) PANTHAR   8) 8) 8) 8) 8)    ooops (black) Pantharyou know... like TigGARRRRRRR  ;D

;D

Tiger

Quote from: Night Vision on October 15, 2006, 08:49:32 PM
ok... teasing.... here's the real

8) 8) 8) 8) 8) PANTHAR   8) 8) 8) 8) 8)    ooops (black) Pantharyou know... like TigGARRRRRRR  ;D

:)...as in...Middle English from Old French...pantere...from Latin...panthera...from Greek...panther...as in, smart ass...with a dictionary... ;D ;D :D ;)

...Hmmmm, Outtamyway...Idea coming thru'...Black Panther Hmmmmmmmmmm

Kevin

It's a diamond in the rough. All you have to do is :D

Tiger

Quote from: Kevin on October 15, 2006, 10:50:48 PM
It's a diamond in the rough. All you have to do is :D
::)...I know, I know. Before I went to work I decided to give her a quick look over...baaaad idea... ::) aaaaall day I've been thinking to myself.....self you need to do this, need to do that, need to check this and that, need to buy, buy ,BUY...I owe, I owe, so off to work I go.....OOOOOOH SHIIIIT... ::)...here we go again... ;D ;D ;D :D :D ;)...Why AM I soooo happy!!!

:D.......TIGER....... 8)

Night Vision

I know just how ya feel mate ....... what was I thinking? :-\
then I keep telling myself how much fun it is  ;D

that's why I'm going to (try) and take my time on this one.... get only the exact parts..... nice thing is you can walk away and hop on the other for a ride...

btw.... found out my dog eats carrots  ??? little bugger stands up and does that paw-paw beggin thing for those baby carrots in a bag... silly rabbit.
;D

Tiger

Quote from: Night Vision on October 16, 2006, 10:38:43 PM
btw.... found out my dog eats carrots  ??? little bugger stands up and does that paw-paw beggin thing for those baby carrots in a bag... silly rabbit.

...Wife informs me a couple of week's ago our two love.....TOMATO'S!!!...crazy dog's.

BTW Dave...I have aquired a set of MAC's from my "French Connection"...aka..Louthepou... ;D ;D ;D :D :D ;). Many thank's to you for the offer of your "extra" set.

8).......TIGER....... 8)

Night Vision

wonder what L_D's eats? , haven't seen him online lately

yeah, I'm almost thinkin about macs too. Them predators are really pricey...

I'd have more in just pipes, paint set, fork brace and shock, then most members have in their whole bike... 

then again....... vices aren't cheap
;D

Tiger

Quote from: Night Vision on October 17, 2006, 09:33:45 PM
wonder what L_D's eats? , haven't seen him online lately...He has bought a Honda ST1300 and is ...sigh!!...thinking of selling his Vision!!!

yeah, I'm almost thinkin about macs too. Them predators are really pricey...There is a set of MAC's on e-bay...I just posted.

I'd have more in just pipes, paint set, fork brace and shock, then most members have in their whole bike... Tell me about it... ;D ;D

then again....... vices aren't cheap...Yeh...I drink single malt scotch...hic !!!

Night Vision

selling    :o  :o
swayed to the dark side he was by an electronically adjustable windshield   ???

;D