News:

Ridersofvision.net  welcomes you !

Main Menu

arg more triple tree woes

Started by haunter, October 15, 2006, 10:26:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

haunter

so I bought a triple tree on ebay, it was advertised as an 82 by the seller, but so was the dual front brakes and exhaust, and the forks.  yet somehow its too small for my seca turbo forks which I thought were the same diameter as the 83 V forks.....

any ideas?
82 with fairing, rejetted, 83 turbo seca fork and brakes coming whenver I acquire the rest of the parts, and she stops breaking long enough to be in the garage for an upgrade instead of a repair.

Lucky

if i remember right, the tripple trees will swap out in the frame. i don't think the forks will swap in the trees though...
1982/3 XZ550 Touring Vison, Gold on Black

haunter

yeah, I was sure he had 83 parts watching him sell all the other 83 parts, I bought the 83 front exhaust pipes I have off of him in.......

this pushes me even closer to snagging FZR600 stuff that I see go for cheap all the time swapping on that front end instead, way easier to come by parts!
82 with fairing, rejetted, 83 turbo seca fork and brakes coming whenver I acquire the rest of the parts, and she stops breaking long enough to be in the garage for an upgrade instead of a repair.

Superfly

Yeah, the Seca Turbo forks are 1-2mm bigger than the Visions.  The triple tree fits perfectly.
A bad marrage is like dirty carbs... It just makes everything else suck.

Night Vision

XZ550 forks are 35mm
XJ650 Turbo are 37mm
if it ain't worth doing it the hard way....
it ain't worth doing it at all - Man Law
;D

if it ain't broke..... take it apart and find out why

don't give up.... don't ever give up - Jimmy Valvano

haunter

kiawrench

if you have 83 vision trees, and seca fork tubes, you can still make it work safely- just go to a machine shop, ask them to line bore the tress to match the tubes,,, i think i paid 100.00 last time i had it done (thruxton trees, harley forks and sliders)   the amount to be removed is small enough to still be safe and reliable,,, give that a try before you spend your kids college fund !!
keep your bike running,your beer cold ,and your passport handy.all are like money in the bank .

haunter

Quote from: kiawrench on October 16, 2006, 07:08:41 PM
if you have 83 vision trees, and seca fork tubes, you can still make it work safely- just go to a machine shop, ask them to line bore the tress to match the tubes,,, i think i paid 100.00 last time i had it done (thruxton trees, harley forks and sliders)   the amount to be removed is small enough to still be safe and reliable,,, give that a try before you spend your kids college fund !!

no kids, I'm barely out of college  ;D