News:

Ridersofvision.net  welcomes you !

Main Menu

Any Vision riders in Northern California

Started by o_0_hell_0_o, October 16, 2006, 02:41:57 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

calipanda

js9 we need to ride one of these days...i work full-time m-f but i am available on the weekend

js9_20

Sounds good.  I work M-F too but, weekends are good. 
I need to get a few kinks worked out before I go very far again.  I've just returned from a long weekend in the Mohave Desert on my RJ.  The forks are puking oil worse than ever.  I finally received the seals yesterday, ordered a month ago.  Also, my charging system needs attention.
I'll be working on the bike some this weekend.  Hopefully, I'll have it all back together by the following weekend.
I've been planning to ride down through Big Sur and stop in at the Jade Festival but, I think the festival is actually this weekend and I wont have things together.

Anyway, yeah...  sounds good.   Maybe in a couple of weeks?

calipanda

yea bro sounds good to me. I want to get in a few rides before the rain sets in so just let me know wassup. Also, I am having some trouble adjusting my brake pedal, do you think you could help me out??

js9_20

Probably, provided there's still room for adjustment.... 
Are there enough usable threads on the adjusting rod?

Mine was feeling like it needed adjusting when I rode in on Sunday.
I'll have a look at it to refresh my memory but, as I recall it's a pretty
straightt forward operation...  Not  much to adjusting it, provided the
drum and shoes are still there.  When was the last time you had the rear
wheel off?  Did you look at the brakes and drum?

Rikugun

Since you're looking at the rear brakes you might want to replace the two torque arm bolts if it hasn't been done yet. Better safe than sorry.  ;D
It is far better to grasp the universe as it really is then to persist in delusion, however satisfying or reassuring.  Carl Sagan

calipanda

Quote from: Rikugun on October 05, 2012, 10:37:52 AM
Since you're looking at the rear brakes you might want to replace the two torque arm bolts if it hasn't been done yet. Better safe than sorry.  ;D

Good idea, I am going to order them parts right now!

calipanda

I am trying to find the rear brake assembly, but I can't find it in the parts catalog. I looked under "Control and Brake", "Frame and Footrest". as well as "Wheels, Tires, and Final Drive"

Where the hell is it???

Rikugun

On my copy of the parts fiche it's under the rear wheel heading but I'm not sure which resource you are using.
It is far better to grasp the universe as it really is then to persist in delusion, however satisfying or reassuring.  Carl Sagan

calipanda