Loading your motorcycle 101

Started by d0n, October 18, 2006, 12:01:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

dminor

ProfessorRex

Hey honey, uh, I got another vision... HONEY??? Oh yea, thats right she moved out...

don_vanecek

Poor guy, he backed it off just a split second too soon and lost the momentum, makes me think of the fun I used to have taking my now gone (I wore it out) big troy bilt rotor tiller on and off the truck.

Lucky

That was nearly me loading my bike on the ABS freight truck (which was like, 5 ft off the ground!) i began to do it that way but realized that the ramp wasn't wide enough for my feet.

i tried to winch it up but only got it half way before running out of winch.

my neighbor came over to help & had me start the bike (i was standing next to it) & slowly feather the clutch & walk it up. that worked

before he got there i was holding it up on the ramp for 10 min & my arms were starting to get shakey. i had already told my son if i had to let go to get out of the way & let it fall... i feel for that guy!!!
1982/3 XZ550 Touring Vison, Gold on Black

ps2/bikevision

been there, done that. the vision died on me right after i got it and had to call for a truck to tow it home. me and my buddy started to push it up the ramp but didnt have enough speed and when the pipes hit the ramp down the vision went. luckly it landed right on top of me and didnt get any damage. my buddy picked it up off me and we didnt havent had a problem the second time.

Night Vision

sucks to be his bike

I firmly believe in this sage advice ..... when in doubt, gas it
it may sound dumb, but personally, I'd  rather power out of a problem situation.

he who hesitates is lost.....
if it ain't worth doing it the hard way....
it ain't worth doing it at all - Man Law
;D

if it ain't broke..... take it apart and find out why

don't give up.... don't ever give up - Jimmy Valvano

Robin Hood

QuotePoor guy, he backed it off just a split second too soon and lost the momentum

I agree, he bottled out just too soon. A bit more gas and he'd have made it.  :D

kwells

funny thing is I just moved and I packed the 3 bikes into the Penske and for about 1/2 sec the thought ran through my squeaky head that I could RIDE the bike up the ramp after my dummy buddy suggested it.  Then all the sudden my brain kicked in and I shot the boneheaded idea down and I had 3 of my buddies help me push it up the ramp just to be safe.  I figured 'Hey I like these bikes, let's not be an idiot and risk crashing them' 
Apparently this brain surgeon in the video didn't have the epiphany.
:D
...a vision is never complete.

www.wellsmoto.com

kiawrench

ouch!   i know the bike is hurt,,, but that rider had be squeezed a few places too.
keep your bike running,your beer cold ,and your passport handy.all are like money in the bank .

dminor

Coil Coyle

don_vanecek

Well unless this was "staged" I can hear his last words, "What the F*** is that van doing there!!!" (I'm not so sure he would have had the time for that many words however) Oh ouch, that had to hurt, staged or not (or the van was full of mattresses-I still tend to think this was staged).

plavix

Three options really...
1.  He really did jump into the back of the van and didn't know it was there...
2.  It was staged and they had filled the van with mattresses, bubble wrap, and/or packing peanuts (in which case packing peanuts (or as my dad calls it...ghost poo) would have blasted out the back of the van).
But don't forget option 3...
3.  Video was edited after the jump and a van inserted...

Hmmm, which of the 3 options is most likely?

Brian Moffet

He knew it was there.  If you stop the movie, there is no flinching or anything.  I don't think it was added in afterward, most people when doing that wouldn't get the Van's shock rebound, and shift forward with the weight of the bike.  (unless it was a commercial for something that we don't know about, not for killsometime.com)  My suspicion is that it was filled with mattresses, or something like that.

Brian

Mutt

Quote from: plavix on December 29, 2006, 08:12:08 AM
Three options really...
1.  He really did jump into the back of the van and didn't know it was there...
2.  It was staged and they had filled the van with mattresses, bubble wrap, and/or packing peanuts (in which case packing peanuts (or as my dad calls it...ghost poo) would have blasted out the back of the van).
But don't forget option 3...
3.  Video was edited after the jump and a van inserted...

Hmmm, which of the 3 options is most likely?

Number 3. Just a really good editing job. The chance that he would hit first time (no takes) perfectly in the back of the van without injury is unlikely.

Mutt
"The internet is a great way to get on the net."
- Bob Dole, Republican presidential candidate
"I invented the internet." -Al Gore, Vice President

Night Vision

I tried viewing it frame by frame, but couldn't... closest I got had the guy's helmet above the roofline of the van and the rear wheel below the bumper..

tight squeeze  :o
;D

Mutt

Quote from: Night Vision on December 29, 2006, 05:21:57 PM
I tried viewing it frame by frame, but couldn't... closest I got had the guy's helmet above the roofline of the van and the rear wheel below the bumper..

tight squeeze  :o

Same here. In one frame the rear tire is so low going in that it would had to have hit extremely hard on the rear bumper causing a serious bounce that would have resulted in his helmet denting or even penetrating the roof. But don't listen to me....I love to crack conspiracy theories too.

Mutt  :)
"The internet is a great way to get on the net."
- Bob Dole, Republican presidential candidate
"I invented the internet." -Al Gore, Vice President

Scott_Mc

Owned an `82 XZ for 22(?) years!
Current 2-`85 and 1-`86 GS1150E/ 1-`85 GS700ES
Wanted:-ST1300 :-O !!

Night Vision

Quote from: Scott_Mc on January 03, 2007, 05:59:29 PM
Quote from: d0n on October 18, 2006, 12:01:28 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WW9t_fvB1tY&eurl

;D

WTF...private video :'(?

Scott_Mc - last part of thread was looking at this one....
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sEGopYmR8xE

I just looked at it again and noticed the landing "dust puff" looks a little weird too  >:(
;D