News:

Main Menu

Driving Licences

Started by Robin Hood, October 18, 2006, 07:52:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

haunter

We try to not let my mom's parents drive......

http://www.news-gazette.com/ngsearch/index.cfm?&page=displyStory.cfm&yearfolder=the06news&file=092406%5Fngstory%5F69392%2Etxt&search=130&theorder=asaphrase

I'll append that link with this.

Its a 2-lane state highway with a large bikepath on the southbound shoulder, has a shoulder then the bike path then gravel shoulder.

She was so far off the road she hit him with the drivers side of teh car after touching the gravel.

4th ticket in 17 months

of course, now they want to ban talking on phones while driving in town, including hands free setups.  A student at the U of I walked out into the street on her phone and in front of a bus that couldnt stop in time.   Although they admited it was the girls fault the bus driver got hit with a 1000 dollar fine.

my town is super liberal and everything is always someones fault even if its not
82 with fairing, rejetted, 83 turbo seca fork and brakes coming whenver I acquire the rest of the parts, and she stops breaking long enough to be in the garage for an upgrade instead of a repair.

kwells

story made me sick to my stomach....that is on par with drunk driving.  Complete negligence that and both should qualify for manslaughter charges in the very least.
...a vision is never complete.

www.wellsmoto.com

Mutt

Thanks for the posting Haunter. Hopefully his Mom will be able to turn this tragedy to triumph. I hope they were able to use his heart for a transplant cause it sounds like it was a good one.

Mutt  :-[
"The internet is a great way to get on the net."
- Bob Dole, Republican presidential candidate
"I invented the internet." -Al Gore, Vice President

haunter

np mutt.

My parents knew him as he frequented our church, and this happened maybe a mile from my house, on a road I use ALOT for commuting on the bikes to see my gf
82 with fairing, rejetted, 83 turbo seca fork and brakes coming whenver I acquire the rest of the parts, and she stops breaking long enough to be in the garage for an upgrade instead of a repair.