I got hit by a car :::UPDATE, CRASH DAMAGE PICTURES:::

Started by ProfessorRex, October 18, 2006, 11:30:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Night Vision

bah, that'll buff right out  ::)

seriously, the time you're gonna spend stripping it down to sell us all those sweet parts might be better spent stripping it down and putting a new frame under her.

depending how friggin cold my garage is this winter, I might have a frame for ya this spring. No title though.
if it ain't worth doing it the hard way....
it ain't worth doing it at all - Man Law
;D

if it ain't broke..... take it apart and find out why

don't give up.... don't ever give up - Jimmy Valvano

h2olawyer

Didn't mean for my carb claim post to sound insensitive - ProfessorRex & I sent a couple PMs back & forth on the subject before he was able to examing the damage.  He is well aware of my main desire to see that 83 restored to her former glory.  Just want an opportunity to get some 83 carbs - after all, they are normally unobtanium.

I would be willing to drop the plans for Rex's old bike & figure out how to get it to him so he could make a good (mostly 83) runner out of the two of them.  That bike still has title issues but I think they can be straightened out.

Again, heal fast & get back on a bike, Rex!

H2O
If you have an accident on a motorcycle, it's always your fault. Tough call, but it has to be that way. You're in the right, and dead -on a bike. The principle is not to have any accident. If you're involved in an an accident, it's because you did not anticipate. Then, by default, you failed.

dminor

Let's just figure out what PReX needs to fix HIS bike, Mother nature will fix him, only parts and know how can fix the bike,
   PReX- Let me know what you need and if I have it, it's yours.
   I know what it is like to be without a bike.
Don 8)

ProfessorRex

I'm feeling ok today, of course I'm taking pills the size of the damn YICS (Which by the way is solid, and unbroken)

H2O,
I took the pictures myself, inspected it, the front of the engine is about 2 inches out of line with the rear.
Don't worry about me thinking you're insensitive, I mean COME ON! We're talking about 83 parts here! They are bigger than any mere man!  You're like my best friend on the boards, and you've got my old '82 so you had first dibs on the parts before you even asked.

Vrising,
While I think she 'could' be re-built, I don't think it's at all viable, the pictures don't really show how bad it is.  Realize that the guy hit me hard enough to break the left front wheel, tire, steering, and axle on his front wheel drive car!

Dminor,
thanks for your kind words, I am down but not out!

David,
Don't cry man! She was a beauty wasn't she!

Everyones kind words and concern do wonders for my mood.  It's hard to stay possitive, and yall really help.  I go in tuesday for re-constructive surgery, so I'll know then the real extent of my injury and recovery time.  I'll let yall know what I know.

-Rex
Hey honey, uh, I got another vision... HONEY??? Oh yea, thats right she moved out...

Brian_Matthewson

Rex...
Hope you mend well and that your formerly beautiful V is repairable!
After my crash in June, I briefly considered hanging up my helmet but when my shoulder started to heal and I received incredible support from the RoV family, there was no way I wasn't going to fix the V and get back on two wheels again!
Let the healing process take it's course for some time before you make any final decisions about fixing your V and riding again.
Get well!!  ;D
Brian
1982 Vision rider from 1991 to 2012.

haunter

whatever you do don't quit taking the pills  ;D

*cough* forks dibs*cough cough*
82 with fairing, rejetted, 83 turbo seca fork and brakes coming whenver I acquire the rest of the parts, and she stops breaking long enough to be in the garage for an upgrade instead of a repair.

Coil Coyle

PRex,

Get well, go riding on something. Don Minor is correct.

If you decide you don't have time or circumstance to repair it, please list it complete and salvage titled. It would
be a terrible loss for that bike to end up as parts. :'(

All of the parts that you have been asked for will turn up on the net this year for those who look. Any body that wants 83 parts
should buy the whole bike and have a complete 83.

$00.02

;)

coil

don_vanecek

Oh man, I was sure looking forward to seeing you and beautiful bike when I come to New Orleans in November. Hopefully this is all old history by next summer and you will have the V or another bike going. Get well!

Superfly

Sorry to hear about that Rex, have a speedy recovery.

Having destroyed a vision myself, the damage is not that bad.  We can fix her.
A bad marrage is like dirty carbs... It just makes everything else suck.

ps2/bikevision

i agree rex if you get rid of the bike it should go as a whole. but after the post of the free bike you now have another bike to get you going. i would sugest you hang on to the 83 till you get the free one and have time to really go through both of them and see if you can get the 83 back on the road or use what 83 parts on the free one. then donate what ever parts are left over to get another poor soul on the road so we can all meet up in colorado this summer.

ProfessorRex

Don't worry, my '83 isn't going anywhere!

WE CAN REBUILD HER, WE HAVE THE TECHNOLOGY! We have the capability to make the world’s first bionic VISION. MY '83 will be that VISION. Better than she was before. Better…stronger…faster.  NAA NAA NAA NAA NAA NAA (That's the sound effect)

Hey honey, uh, I got another vision... HONEY??? Oh yea, thats right she moved out...

VinceDee

I think it's more like: DI DI DI DI DI DI DI DI  :)
Always ride as if all the car drivers are trying to kill you and make it look like an accident, because some of them are.

Tiger

Quote from: ProfessorRex on October 24, 2006, 04:13:35 PM
Don't worry, my '83 isn't going anywhere!

WE CAN REBUILD HER, WE HAVE THE TECHNOLOGY! We have the capability to make the world’s first bionic VISION. MY '83 will be that VISION. Better than she was before. Better…stronger…faster.  NAA NAA NAA NAA NAA NAA (That's the sound effect)

Hey P_Rex, I'm off line for a week and you've gone and done WHAT !!! good job I wasn't away for longer... :o Goodness knows what you might have done... ;)
Seriously tho', I wish you a speedy recovery, I do understand what your going thru'.
I was, many moon's ago, after a R.T.A...on my back in hospital for 3 month's and off work for 21/2 year's...(snapped the right femur in half about 6" above the Knee)...A bit of surgery, an eighteen inch "pin", a bit of physio, etc and I was back on a soccer pitch again!!!
God speed, my friend...I wish you well... 8)     As for your "V"...I have a frame with a title...if you want it, its yours for the asking, as well as any other part(s) you may need that I have...Let me know.

8).......TIGER....... 8)
Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well-preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming HOOOOYA lets go again baby !!!!!!

'82 Vision, Pearl Orange finish, lots of up-grades!!!

Emjayw

Rex, I'm sorry to hear of your misfortune. The Vision is replaceable, you are not. Time should heal your wounds. Never, never assume that the driver sees you! Always ride as if you are invisible, and maybe you'll get to be an old guy like me. God bless and my wishes for a full and speedy recovery.  Mike Williams - Former owner and friend
AMA, Yamaha 650 Society, North Texas Norton Owners Assn.
'98 Concours