News:

We rely on our supporters to help keep us running. Thank You!

Main Menu

Bad Day

Started by Lucky, October 26, 2006, 08:43:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Lucky

Ok, you guys are like family, so i'm comfortable enough to dump on you...

Woke up on my day off to a smashed side window in my van, which made me late for my Dr's appt, where I had a full physical (yep, "Cough please", & then "boldly went where no man has gone before"  :o )

then went to the Salvage yard, paid too much for a replacement window & spent the rest of the day putting it in.

after all that i had no time left for a ride..   :(

...Bad Day...

1982/3 XZ550 Touring Vison, Gold on Black

YellowJacket!

Yeah, I just turned 40 and found out how fun going to the doctor can be.  :o

Bad day here too.  Ran about 15 miles in ICU today (1 lap around the unit is 1/10 mile)  Spent over 4 hrs in a "Code blue" with a 53 year old who had a very large family and was very well known in town and who died.
Was one of the few times I cried in a "code"  :'(
Ate lunch in less than 5 minutes (for a 12 hour shift)
And, oh yeah....Vision Gremlins are contaigous to cars too.  Now that my bike won't start, my step sons car feels like it wants to get in on the picture and not start too.

Hope all your tests turn out ok Lucky...I need you around here for a while my friend.   ;D  ;D  ;D

Tomorrow will be a better day.  ;D

David

Living the dream - I am now a Physician Assistant!!   :-)

glennw

The old break the glass... poked in the ass thing... sorry Lucky... just could not resist..... wait until your 50, They use a submarine!...hahahah... they check your gums from behind..
Wake me up..you guys have crime back there?  I thought you had that under control..  so goes my admiration of red necks...
GlennW

Half Mad Max

Mutt

I pick my doctor by the size of his hands. He can't have a glove size bigger than a six. I just hate it when it feels like your eyeball is being tweeked from the inside!

I had two non-blood related family members diagnosed with prostate cancer this year. Fortunately they both were caught early enough for effective treatment.

Mutt  :) 

"The internet is a great way to get on the net."
- Bob Dole, Republican presidential candidate
"I invented the internet." -Al Gore, Vice President

h2olawyer

After a day like that, you're due for a real good one soon.  Or it could be payback for your last Dragon ride.

A good friend (who passed away this fall) had a theory:

"There are a finite number of "fun molecules" in the world.  While you're out having a great time (riding, skiing, rafting, whatever), there is some poor guy in the middle of Nebraska with a broken TV set in the middle of August with no AC wondering what to do.  This is because you have all that guy's "fun molecules.""

Maybe he's the guy getting the "full physical" as well.  Don't worry, Lucky, I didn't have a real fun day today so I didn't have all yours.  Who was out riding today?

H2O
If you have an accident on a motorcycle, it's always your fault. Tough call, but it has to be that way. You're in the right, and dead -on a bike. The principle is not to have any accident. If you're involved in an an accident, it's because you did not anticipate. Then, by default, you failed.

Superfly

A bad marrage is like dirty carbs... It just makes everything else suck.

h2olawyer

OK, Lucky - now you know who to blame.   ;D

H2O
If you have an accident on a motorcycle, it's always your fault. Tough call, but it has to be that way. You're in the right, and dead -on a bike. The principle is not to have any accident. If you're involved in an an accident, it's because you did not anticipate. Then, by default, you failed.

YellowJacket!

Ahhhh, just read some of Tigers "Joke of the Day" posts.  They turn that frown upside down. ;D

David

haunter

Quote from: Mutt on October 27, 2006, 12:37:31 AM
I pick my doctor by the size of his hands. He can't have a glove size bigger than a six. I just hate it when it feels like your eyeball is being tweeked from the inside!

I had two non-blood related family members diagnosed with prostate cancer this year. Fortunately they both were caught early enough for effective treatment.

haha, a young Mr Miller right here  :o

my dad had prostate cancer, they wanted to check me LAST year at age 24, and I didn't let them, and they are insisting that when I go in next I am getting both exams, and they want to do them yearly for the rest of my life  :'(
82 with fairing, rejetted, 83 turbo seca fork and brakes coming whenver I acquire the rest of the parts, and she stops breaking long enough to be in the garage for an upgrade instead of a repair.

Mutt

When I joined the military I was aready 21. I was warned about the finger from my brother-in-law. He was already in the service. I really thought he was joking until the KY and gloves came out of the drawer!  :-\
Everytime my ship pulled in to Guantanamo Bay, Cuba someone got the finger from the doctor there. If you go in with an ear ache, your going to get the finger. Got an infected in grown toe nail....yep....you get the finger. Those guys enjoyed it. I think it was because they were Navy doctors and they just wanted to see a Coastie squirm. But then again they were NAAAVY doctors.... ;)

Haunter, I think you know it's important to get it done regularly if it runs in your family. A PSA test only reveals that the enzymes are present and there may be cancer. If they are you still get the digital exam. The digital exam is the only true non-invasive way of telling there's a serious problem. Get it done...we won't laugh............. :-X  :D

haunter

oh I'll get it done, I just won't like it.

The army doc at MEPS don't find too much humor either, my friend is a 2nd LT at Benning for Infantry training before he heads off to ranger school.  His response was 'my girlfriend doesnt do it like that"

He said the doctor just stared at him blankly and said 'we're done'
82 with fairing, rejetted, 83 turbo seca fork and brakes coming whenver I acquire the rest of the parts, and she stops breaking long enough to be in the garage for an upgrade instead of a repair.

h2olawyer

Quote from: Mutt on October 27, 2006, 11:38:53 AM
The digital exam is the only true non-evasive way of telling there's a serious problem. Mutt  :)

You've got some odd definition of "non-invasive".   ;D

H2O

Mutt

Quote from: h2olawyer on October 27, 2006, 01:52:43 PM
Quote from: Mutt on October 27, 2006, 11:38:53 AM
The digital exam is the only true non-evasive way of telling there's a serious problem. Mutt  :)

You've got some odd definition of "non-invasive".   ;D

H2O

LOL, I guess I should have compared it to surgery huh?  :)

Mutt

Brian Moffet

It's not too bad (I've had two so far, and I'm Lucky's age.)

Just relax and hum "when the saint's come marching in"...

Brian

(oh wait, I just realized that might have been a bad pun...)

Lucky

I've had prostate exams before..it's kinda like Mel Brooks said:,
"The first artical of clothing was a hat, not a loin cloth. what do you care if someone plays with your gentles, it's a momentary thing, but the Brain, That's something you don't want to mess with, someone goes fooling around with your brain you write out the wrong check & loose money!!" (Mel Brooks & Carl Riener, the 2000 & Thirteen year old man)

I nearly had a lower G.I. once, THAT i made them stop!! And the worst part about a colonoscepy is the medication the night before.. your out of it for the actual procedure...

now y'all know way too much about me!  :o
1982/3 XZ550 Touring Vison, Gold on Black

YellowJacket!

The prep medication for a GI procedure is called "Go-Lytely"... yeah right.  Last time I had to use that crap was more like go heavilly!  :o

David