Calling All Automotive Gearheads....HELP!

Started by YellowJacket!, October 30, 2006, 07:45:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

67GTO

My mechanic/friend said that dexcool is bad also. I had him flush my 2000 Bonneville and put in
Peak Global.
" Like a dream he flies away, no more to be found,
banished like a Vision of the night."
                                                Job 20:8    NIV

YellowJacket!

Update:

Since cleaning the battery terminals and cables a couple days ago the car has run fine and started without any difficulty at all. (did I just majorly jinx myself?).
Thanks to everyone for all the help and suggestions!!  ;D

David

Living the dream - I am now a Physician Assistant!!   :-)

kwells

...a vision is never complete.

www.wellsmoto.com

haunter

Quote from: Paul_Jungnitsch on November 01, 2006, 02:17:59 PM
You may want to google 'Dexcool'. I've heard nothing but bad about it.

I have heard numerous bad things about it

but

all of my familys car have used it since its inception, my moms car has over 100k on it with no issues from it at all.........
82 with fairing, rejetted, 83 turbo seca fork and brakes coming whenver I acquire the rest of the parts, and she stops breaking long enough to be in the garage for an upgrade instead of a repair.

YellowJacket!

One week update:  It appears that the problem was electircal related.  Since cleaning the baby blue gunk out between the two pos terminal wires and all around the terminal connector the car has been running good 'cept for a few little hiccups every now and then. ;D
Thanks for all the help and advice!!

David

Living the dream - I am now a Physician Assistant!!   :-)

kiawrench

hey DAve--- cars do start and run better without the fuzz on the nattery, and no,,, it didnt come stock! lol
keep your bike running,your beer cold ,and your passport handy.all are like money in the bank .

69shovel

dex-cool is known for its tendency to eat intake manifolds....one of the first things i did on the burb was drain all the dex-cool out and swap it for the "green" stuff.

even though that had nothing to do with the problem i just wanted to vent my dislike for dex-cool ;D
69 chevelle
98 suburban
82 vision