News:

We would like to thank our supporting members for their generosity.

Main Menu

Boot's...

Started by Tiger, November 03, 2006, 07:18:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tiger

:) Although this is subject to personal preference, I bought, last year, a pair of "Vega Nitro TechSport Motorcycle Boots". They are a sporty type of boot, all black, with front shin and rear calf "plastic" armour, double leather heal, reinforced "gear change" area, outside slider's, zipper with a velcro cover, water proof and sooooooo comfortable. I paid $125.00 (Canadian).
If you are looking at buying, receiving/giving as a Christmas present a pair of good ridin' boot's, I would look at the "Vega Nitro TechSport Motorcycle Boots".

They have new pairs on E-bay or google Vega Nitro TechSport Motorcycle Boots.

8).......TIGER....... 8)
Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well-preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming HOOOOYA lets go again baby !!!!!!

'82 Vision, Pearl Orange finish, lots of up-grades!!!

Lead_Deficiency

Any suggestions for fat feet?

I haven't been able to find anything other than hiking boots to fit me :P

h2olawyer

I have high volume feet - 10.5 EE ~ EEE (US).  I found the AlpineStar SMX-4s fit me very well.  Couldn't get into any other brand, or style of AlpineStars for that matter, I tried on unless I went up at least 2 sizes.  AlpineStars are sized in Euro sizing.  I bought a pair in size 45 & they fit great.  I tried Sidi & Joe Rockets in several models & none of them fit. 

SMX-4 styling is a little more toward the race side but they are meant as a hybrid sport / track boot.  I think they say something about it like For the sport rider who may (or may not) take an occasional track day.  The black ones are pretty sedate looking but they are available in racier red or blue, too.

www.NewEnough.com has them for about $180 as does www.kneedraggers.com.  I bought mine from Kneedraggers & found them to be great to deal with.  Haven't ordered anything from New Enough but I've heard nothing but great reports about them.  Most places realize fit is important & will let you return them for a different size or credit on future purchases.  Some may even refund your money.

There were not many boots available for me to try on locally so I did lots of research, checking out various websites to find out as much as I could about fit & return policies.  Never tried on the AlpineStars before I bought them but after having them for an entire riding season, I highly recommend them.

Warm in 35 (F) wet / snowy weather & never overheated in them - even at temps nearing 100 (F).  Not advertised as waterproof, but they have kept my feet dry on several rain & snow rides - one was an all day 350 mile excursion, at speeds as high as 85 MPH.

There may be others that fit wide or fat feet, but I couldn't find them.  Hope this helps!

H2O

If you have an accident on a motorcycle, it's always your fault. Tough call, but it has to be that way. You're in the right, and dead -on a bike. The principle is not to have any accident. If you're involved in an an accident, it's because you did not anticipate. Then, by default, you failed.