82' parts bike $200

Started by dminor, November 04, 2006, 03:22:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

69shovel

i just put a strap on either side of the handlebars at a 45 degree angle to the trailer and one running from back wheel to the end of the trailer.....no stands or anything. maybe i am just wierd? never had a problem with it though! 8)
69 chevelle
98 suburban
82 vision

dminor

Here is an update.
It will cost twice as much as I paid for the bike to clear the title(it is just a parts bike now).
Stater plug melted, stater looks and reads out like brand new. Starter clutch AFU, didn't come off with the flywheel. Left case cover has a repair where the brake pedal punched through.
   The engine looks new on the inside. The rest of the bike is already stripped. Gas tank has small holes and several dents. Carbs are 82's with out a flapper air box ( but they have never been opened).
I only want the motor, mine has 35k on the last rebuild and 135k total, and it is starting to smoke and leak too much.
    If any one needs parts PM me.
Don;D

Lucky

Quote from: dminor on November 22, 2006, 05:04:03 PM
Left case cover has a repair where the brake pedal punched through.

That must be quite a punch thru!!, i've only heard of them going thru the right side!!  ;D ;D

--Lucky
1982/3 XZ550 Touring Vison, Gold on Black

dminor

My bust, the motor is on a rolling stand on the floor.Left is how I was looking at it. ::)