News:

We would like to thank our supporting members for their generosity.

Main Menu

Pics of my 82 *lots of pix - not dial-up friendly*

Started by DancinOn1Wheel, October 21, 2004, 07:54:17 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

DancinOn1Wheel

ok, as promised, here are the pics of my 82. unfortunately i dont have any of the bike as i got it, i only have what i have done to it so far.

this is the beast...

The headlight mod.... might go with a bigger chrome bucket light though.... but this was $10 and does the job so i cant complain. Eventually i'll need to get all the wiring cleaned up behind the light, but for now, im happy with it. lol. Also thinking about switching to individual gauges in chrome buckets...

Just some other random pics....

And the (i think) UGLY fairing that i took off...

upper:

lower:

but thats it for now... i think the paint is definately going to have to change.... I like the look of the black ones so im thinking that... but undecided though.

not bad though for "kinda" free.

- Justin
I am grateful that I am not as judgmental as all those censorious, self-righteous people around me.

~=~ My Ebay Store ~=~

louthepou

I have to say, the chromed front fender is cool. Not too sure about the small "Jeep-off-road-lamp" headlamp, though. Good material for a project, it seems. I don't know what that fairing is from.

Thanks for the pics!

Louis
Hi, my name is Louis, and I'm a Vision-o-holic

DancinOn1Wheel

QuoteI don't know what that fairing is from.

yeah, im not entirely sure it is a vision fairing, as i have been searching and searching and havent been able to find anything like it. None the less... whoever mounted it up (assuming it is not a vision fairing) did a VERY clean job doing so, with aluminum brackets and such...

either way, i still think it is ugly as sin, but im kinda partial to the naked and sport looks... not so much the huge windjammer type fairings.

yeah, like i said about the likgh though... i was working on a serious budget and it was $10. i was gonna get the $25 schome light that is a tad bigger, but mounting would have been an issue as the mount for the light was about a half inch thick bolt.... that would have been an issue. I just mounted that little light on the horn bracket and stuffed the wiring behind it... fuck it though, works better then the original light/fairing setup that was on there and in my opinion looks a hell of a lot better.

- Justin
I am grateful that I am not as judgmental as all those censorious, self-righteous people around me.

~=~ My Ebay Store ~=~

DancinOn1Wheel

and im definately thinking that a different set of gauges are in order.... maybe thinking i can find something off of another bike at the boneyard that would be close... my biggest concern is the speedo reading wrong, but thats not that big of a deal i guess.

- Justin

~=~ My Ebay Store ~=~

Superfly

A bad marrage is like dirty carbs... It just makes everything else suck.

jasonm.

that fairing is an 80's Kawi GPZ750 ...for sure
looks aren't important, if she lets you play by your rules