Mid Term Elections

Started by Robin Hood, November 07, 2006, 05:51:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Robin Hood

Here in the UK, the evening news is dominated by the US elections. What do you think? Can Georgy boy hang on to Congress? The Democrat spokesmen are confident but some people think the Republicans might just hang on.

Brian Moffet

Likely the House will fall to Democrats, unsure about the Senate.

Brian

kiawrench

wont matter, policies are set in near stone, even if we dont agree with them--- until next regular elections
keep your bike running,your beer cold ,and your passport handy.all are like money in the bank .

Brian Moffet

Pretty much, the stock market is rising because they believe that the house will fall to democrats, leading to gridlock, which means that the current fiscal policy (which favors business) will remain in place.

Robin Hood

Sounds like we on this side of the pond are getting more excited about the elections than you guys.  :D

Mutt

No one's really in control. It's just time for a change. I predict a Democratic House, and a Republican Senate. Next election will be a Democratic president that will do an absolutely great job but will have sex with a male intern or two (Hillary?). You know what's good for the gander is good for the goose. :) I just wonder which office it will happen in, Oval, West wing, maybe the rose garden!

Our borders will be more secure than ever. Out of country travel will be nearly impossible. Taxes will increase through the roof. Minimum wage will increase to 10.00 hour. Prescription drug prices will drop significantly eliminating the need for many doctors. The doctors that are left will be forced to actually practice medicine and not over-subscribe miracle pills. All the pretty drug sales girls will be out of a job because it's just not profitable anymore. Gas prices will be lower than ever because we will all be driving batteries on wheels or pig crap powered vehicles. Fights will insue because of the lack of public plug-in meters for our cars. Several deseases will cease to exist because we will have a fetus stem cell extraction center in major metropolitan areas. Michael J. Fox will star in "Back to the Future VI.  Two guys named John and David will be registered at the local bridal shop.

The world will continue to hate us except now they'll be physically closer to the US than ever before. Cuba will be North Korea and Iran's new best friend and Miami will be one huge nuclear target. The United Nations will actually work! The department of Homeland Security will nearly triple in size while the US military will be severely downsized. Those that are left in the military will become United Nation's Police Officers and will be the only people allowed to leave the country and get back in. Possibly 50 or more military bases along with several large drug manufactures will be closed causing severe unemployment which in turn will cause us to open soup kitchens all over the place serving........COCK FLAVOURED SOUP!

Everything will be OK though because our friends from France will step in to save us!

But what's really got me upset today was the news.....Britney and Kevin are getting a d d d divorce! It's just so unexpected!  :'(

Sick and Distorted Views by MUTT  :)
"The internet is a great way to get on the net."
- Bob Dole, Republican presidential candidate
"I invented the internet." -Al Gore, Vice President

kwells

Do we still get to call him K-Fed?
...a vision is never complete.

www.wellsmoto.com

Robin Hood

Quote from: Mutt on November 08, 2006, 01:59:59 AM

Everything will be OK though because our friends from France will step in to save us!

But what's really got me upset today was the news.....Britney and Kevin are getting a d d d divorce! It's just so unexpected!  :'(

Sick and Distorted Views by MUTT  :)

Mutt

Quote from: kwells on November 08, 2006, 02:30:41 AM
Do we still get to call him K-Fed?

Maybe XK-Fed or how about K-Fedex

Mutt

supervision

Vote for me, I'm going to make pot-holes illegal
" border="0

Brian Moffet

Quote from: Robin Hood on November 07, 2006, 08:11:53 PM
Sounds like we on this side of the pond are getting more excited about the elections than you guys.

That's because you haven't had to sit through political attack ads on TV for the last 2 months, and at alst count I've had 2 pounds of junk mail on the election in the last 2 weeks.

While I am really embarassed about the low voter turn-out compared to other countries, I can see why people throw up their hands and give up. 

As far as French cuisine saving us, bring it on!  ;D

YellowJacket!

wohhhh.... thats deep mutt, deep.   8)

Never thought of it that way but it all makes sense. deep

David

Living the dream - I am now a Physician Assistant!!   :-)

Mutt

Quote from: Vision Rising on November 08, 2006, 09:55:27 AM
Sounds like we on this side of the pond are getting more excited about the elections than you guys.

That's because you haven't had to sit through political attack ads on TV for the last 2 months, and at alst count I've had 2 pounds of junk mail on the election in the last 2 weeks.

And don't forget about the automated phone calls and the voice mails. My 8 year old son answered the phone day before yesterday and said "Hello". He was silent for about 10 seconds then hung up. I asked him who it was. He says "dad, why are aliens taking our jobs"? Of course in his little mind we're being invaded by Mars.

Mutt  :)

Robin Hood

Quote from: Mutt on November 08, 2006, 11:33:55 AM
Quote from: Vision Rising on November 08, 2006, 09:55:27 AM

And don't forget about the automated phone calls and the voice mails. My 8 year old son answered the phone day before yesterday and said "Hello". He was silent for about 10 seconds then hung up. I asked him who it was. He says "dad, why are aliens taking our jobs"? Of course in his little mind we're being invaded by Mars.

Mutt  :)

Quote"dad, why are aliens taking our jobs"?

Wow! Automated phone calls sounds scary.  :o

I think thats illegal over here although text messaging is catching on.

Political TV advertising is also restricted by law according to how many Parliamentary Seats a Party is contesting. A wealthy Party can't just flood the airwaves.

Brian Moffet

Quote from: Mutt on November 08, 2006, 01:59:59 AM

She just wanted him for his precious bodily fluids, now that she has her kids she doesn't need him any more...

Brian

Brian Moffet

Quote from: Robin Hood on November 08, 2006, 12:33:10 PM
Political TV advertising is also restricted by law according to how many Parliamentary Seats a Party is contesting. A wealthy Party can't just flood the airwaves.

For an interesting time, arrange to come over for the 4 months prior to a large election, Like wil be happening in 2008.  If you stay in California, you can see the politics as well as the place that initiatives started.  (read Heinlein's "Friday" for the California Democratic Dystopia of the future...)

Plus we have good riding weather a lot  ;D

Brian

Robin Hood

If I had 4 months to spare it would be good.  ;D