News:

We rely on our supporters to help keep us running. Thank You!

Main Menu

why do people purposely damage other peoples property?

Started by haunter, November 13, 2006, 02:26:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

haunter

some ahole pushed over my FZR saturday night/sunday morning.  They really rashed up the side plastic and broke off the feeler+ 1/2 inch of peg, messed up the mirror, and scratched up the supertrapp some more.

this really REALLY annoys me, I have done some dumb stuff in my 'youth' which I am still partially in, but come on!  One thing I have always tried to avoid is damaging other peoples stuff, my stupidity mostly just breaks my own crap!  So much for karma on that one
82 with fairing, rejetted, 83 turbo seca fork and brakes coming whenver I acquire the rest of the parts, and she stops breaking long enough to be in the garage for an upgrade instead of a repair.

YellowJacket!

been in the same shoes.  My bike got knocked over earlier this year.  At first I thought the side stand sunk into the asphalt but the more I think of it, it was either intentionally knocked over or someone was "trying it out for size".

Many years ago someone keyed my car.  It was parked normally in a parking space.  I didn't close anyone in or steal the space and I hadn't pissed anyone off that week.  But, none the less it got keyed up down, left and right.  Insurance covered all 1500.00 of it minus the $500.00 deductible. (which was 500.00 I could have really used)
but....that wasn't the end of it.  I traded the care a year later and signed the papers stating it wasn't ever wrecked.  A month later I get  a threatening call and letter from the dealer telling me I lied about the car not being wrecked.  I told them that it was not and he said "the whole damed car was repainted!"  I explained that it was in fact repainted but not because it was wrecked but because it was keyed.  The dealer said I should have disclosed that and continued to threaten to sue me.  They eventually calmed down and quit bugging me.  I guess they wanted to force me to "settle" without going to court.  Needless to say, I won't be buying anything from them again.  >:(

David

Living the dream - I am now a Physician Assistant!!   :-)

Night Vision

if it ain't worth doing it the hard way....
it ain't worth doing it at all - Man Law
;D

if it ain't broke..... take it apart and find out why

don't give up.... don't ever give up - Jimmy Valvano

MotorPlow

Wow... Started a new job recently. Found out that when I ride my bike to work, I am allowed to park the bike indoors, in the sally port. The only thing that scares me is that there are some practical jokers at my new job.

One story that was relayed to me involved another guys motorcycle... Apparently, the guy who owned the bike was due some payback from a previous practical joke. The guy doing the payback decided to strip down naked and while sitting on the guys bike (with the guy's helmet covering his wee wee) had his picture taken. The picture was then left in the guys locker.

I think I would have to buy a new helmet and the bike would sit there until I bought the new helmet.

VinceDee

People do this kind of stuff for a couple of reasons that I've found:

1. Jealous. They're jealous that you have something that they wish they had, so they do what they can to take away your enjoyment of it.

2. They're mad because they don't like motorcycles/motorcyclists and think that they're getting back at a "Hells Angel"

3. They're stupid teenage idiots. I remember egging cars on Halloween and bashing mailboxes with a baseball bat when in high school. I did it because of peer pressure, but I was an idiot, nonetheless.

Vince
Always ride as if all the car drivers are trying to kill you and make it look like an accident, because some of them are.

Mutt

Quote from: DaveTN on November 13, 2006, 03:54:58 PM
been in the same shoes.  My bike got knocked over earlier this year.  At first I thought the side stand sunk into the asphalt but the more I think of it, it was either intentionally knocked over or someone was "trying it out for size".

Many years ago someone keyed my car.  It was parked normally in a parking space.  I didn't close anyone in or steal the space and I hadn't pissed anyone off that week.  But, none the less it got keyed up down, left and right.  Insurance covered all 1500.00 of it minus the $500.00 deductible. (which was 500.00 I could have really used)
but....that wasn't the end of it.  I traded the care a year later and signed the papers stating it wasn't ever wrecked.  A month later I get  a threatening call and letter from the dealer telling me I lied about the car not being wrecked.  I told them that it was not and he said "the whole damed car was repainted!"  I explained that it was in fact repainted but not because it was wrecked but because it was keyed.  The dealer said I should have disclosed that and continued to threaten to sue me.  They eventually calmed down and quit bugging me.  I guess they wanted to force me to "settle" without going to court.  Needless to say, I won't be buying anything from them again.  >:(

David
I had pretty much the same thing happen to me. I leased a vehicle in which I was struck in the side by a deer. It wasn't wrecked but was repainted. Just like in your case, they couldn't do anything about it because of the wording wrecked.

Mutt  :)
"The internet is a great way to get on the net."
- Bob Dole, Republican presidential candidate
"I invented the internet." -Al Gore, Vice President

Lucky

I've had my seat knifed (the old one thank god not the new one) & cigaretts left burning on the seat. I knew who that was, & they got payback 3 months later. i won't disclose exactly what did, suffice it to say they had to go buy a new car because 'somehow' a skunk got trapped inside their car overnight....

the best payback i ever gave was when i worked for Lincoln-Mercury, i used to brown bag it.  one day i took my lunch out of the fridge & found my dessert missing.  this happened a few more days that week.
Thurs night i bought some Syrup of Epitac at the pharmacy. (it's used to induce vomiting for poison victims) & put it in a 'homemade' (really Hostess) cupcake.

Fri afternoon the kid in the parts department was puking his guts out. he was, forever-after, know as "Cupcake"

Now i know i could never get away with that now, i'd end up in jail, but back then, in a shop full of lifetime mechanics, it wass all part of the fun...

don't ever cross me, i can be very creative...

--Lucky
1982/3 XZ550 Touring Vison, Gold on Black

VinceDee

Quote from: Lucky on November 13, 2006, 06:05:45 PM
Fri afternoon the kid in the parts department was puking his guts out. he was, forever-after, know as "Cupcake"

Now i know i could never get away with that now, i'd end up in jail, but back then, in a shop full of lifetime mechanics, it wass all part of the fun...

Why couldn't you get away with it now? It's your cupcake, all you tell the court is that you love cupcakes but you're bulimic and this is how you live with your "disease"  ;)

Vince
Always ride as if all the car drivers are trying to kill you and make it look like an accident, because some of them are.

NewVisionGuy

I park my  bike beside the door at the dorms  where I work, and  the drunk students  just love to sit on my bike  and lay all over it and take pictures.  I run off at least on group of drunk college girls  every weekend.  Somebody has already put a small scratch in the side cover.  People  have no respect for personal property anymore.  ESPECIALLY motorcycles.

YellowJacket!

Heh heh lucky.  ;D

That reminds me of when I was in a fraternity at UT.  Someone was always sneaking into our kitchen and stealing food.  We made some brownies one day and put exlax in them.  Found out it was the Fraternity next to us who was taking the food.  I think we must'v used too much exlax.  :o

David

YellowJacket!

Quote from: BlueBass on November 13, 2006, 07:40:17 PM
I park my  bike beside the door at the dorms  where I work, and  the drunk students  just love to sit on my bike  and lay all over it and take pictures.  I run off at least on group of drunk college girls  every weekend.  Somebody has already put a small scratch in the side cover.  People  have no respect for personal property anymore.  ESPECIALLY motorcycles.

Philip, young philip....

You are running off GIRLS that are SITTING on your bike?!?!?!  Can't you see they like it (the bike) and want to go out with you and have a meaningfule long-term relationship??
I learned early on that my bike is a chick magnet.... no chick sexing comments here motorplow. ;D

David

Night Vision

I run off at least on group of drunk college girls  every weekend. 

think.... before you type  :P
if it ain't worth doing it the hard way....
it ain't worth doing it at all - Man Law
;D

if it ain't broke..... take it apart and find out why

don't give up.... don't ever give up - Jimmy Valvano

kiawrench

doesnt matter to me  who damages the bike, simple policy is, it was pristine when i parked it , now it is damaged, next sentence is to the cops    word gets around quick, and people stop the game playing with the bike. then again, i do hang out with a lot of guys in need of a shave, haircut and something quieter than straight pipes,,,esp when we park in groups of 20 or more .

at work the guys know, my bike is MY bike - if they want to sit on something, pick a spot .plenty of pavement to chose from, as my bike seat will still get them to the ground,,, just may be harder to get up.   our bikes may not be orange county stamp outs, and they may not be billy lane one off's , but once you put a year or so into completely rebuilding an old bike, it is just as damn valuable to me .
keep your bike running,your beer cold ,and your passport handy.all are like money in the bank .

Scott_Mc

I park my  bike beside the door at the dorms  where I work, and  the drunk students  just love to sit on my bike  and lay all over it and take pictures.  I run off at least on group of drunk college girls  every weekend. 
Where is this dorm?  I need somewhere to park my bike!   Oh the missed  :'( opportunities....

Sorry about the vandalism haunter.  Unfortunately there are a whole lot of people out there with no respect for anything.  You can thank the generation of kids today growing up with "time outs" instead of a good smack in the a$$ when they needed it!

Owned an `82 XZ for 22(?) years!
Current 2-`85 and 1-`86 GS1150E/ 1-`85 GS700ES
Wanted:-ST1300 :-O !!

haunter

thanks for the condolences, my gf told me sunday morning she doesn't like seeing me angry because she gets scared, I told her that should make her think twice of ever crossing me...

looking at alarms with tip sensors and 120 db alarms now
82 with fairing, rejetted, 83 turbo seca fork and brakes coming whenver I acquire the rest of the parts, and she stops breaking long enough to be in the garage for an upgrade instead of a repair.

Kevin

I learnt years ago to cover my bike when we are traveling or going to the movies ect. Most people won't mess with one covered.

Tiger

Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well-preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming HOOOOYA lets go again baby !!!!!!

'82 Vision, Pearl Orange finish, lots of up-grades!!!

haunter

Quote from: Kevin on November 13, 2006, 11:38:15 PM
I learnt years ago to cover my bike when we are traveling or going to the movies ect. Most people won't mess with one covered.

interesting point.

hopefully it won't be an issue for a while again, as its getting cold enough that I don't want to ride the hour because I wear so much gear it gets uncomfortable.

Mutt

Quote from: DaveTN on November 13, 2006, 07:41:22 PM
Heh heh lucky.  ;D

That reminds me of when I was in a fraternity at UT.  Someone was always sneaking into our kitchen and stealing food.  We made some brownies one day and put exlax in them.  Found out it was the Fraternity next to us who was taking the food.  I think we must'v used too much exlax.  :o

David

Another good one for payback. If you find out who it is, don't confront them. Pee in to an empty soda bottle. Let it sit for a couple of days in the sun. When they're not looking, poor it in to the vent in front of the windshield. When they hit that heater for winter the smell is as good as Lucky's skunk!

Mutt  :)
"The internet is a great way to get on the net."
- Bob Dole, Republican presidential candidate
"I invented the internet." -Al Gore, Vice President

Tiger

Quote from: Lucky on November 13, 2006, 06:05:45 PM
don't ever cross me, i can be very creative...
--Lucky

;D.......DITTO....... :o
:o...Add to your list...Sugar and/or sand in gas tank, Graphite grease rolled into little balls and pushed in the oil filler hole, super glue on windshield wipers and/or gas cap/gas cap cover, Raw fish secured to exhaust manifold/headers/exhaust, potato in exhaust tail pipe, etc, etc.......How far do you want to go... ??? Take your pick, payback can be fun... ::)...BUT it still doesn't excuse the idiot's who cause damage in the first place... >:(
Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well-preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming HOOOOYA lets go again baby !!!!!!

'82 Vision, Pearl Orange finish, lots of up-grades!!!