why do people purposely damage other peoples property?

Started by haunter, November 13, 2006, 02:26:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Blake

That really sucks.  I defiantly know how it is..especially arround a college campus.  hope you catch whoever it was.. my little story of something that recently happened: (kind of got carried away in the details :) )

Since I've moved into my new apartment, I had parked the vision in the end spot and parked my car right next to it (cars too long to put bike at front of spot-and the end spot is slightly bigger so both can fit).  some evenings i'd come home and there would be someone parked in that spot with my bike in it!  this really ticked me off, but as long as there was another spot i'd let it go.  But i'd ALWAYS go check to see if they were touching it.  We'll one day i came back to my place around 7am and saw a car parked in my spot with the vision in it (its directly out front of my apartment-less than 20 feet away) and as i walked from where i parked my car i stopped to look, and lo and behold, the car was a good 2" away from the bike, and the left side footpeg was on her front right tire.  simply put, if she pulled out she WOULD knock the bike over.  so i went and got my camera, took pictures of the wheel/bike, pictures of the license plate, left my window open so i could try to help them out without my bike knocking over.  whoever it was was certainly in a hurry once they seen the vision fall over, because i was running full sprint across my living room and outside when i heard it happen, but they still drove away. 
     needless to say i called the police to report a hit and run, they went and sent an officer to get the girl out of one of her college classes, and she finally showed up about 3 hours later (they couldnt find a local address/ so they had to call the college.)  As i was waiting with the police officer (he noticed my v-star next to the vision and said how he had one too :) ) he told me she definitely knew what happened (the pictures REALLY helped) and its up to me what to do, but he'd defiantely press charges because that probably wasn't the first time shes driven away from something.
  When the girl got there the first thing out of her mouth was "i checked to see and i wasnt touching"    and to put it in family-friendly format..the cop called her out and showed her the pictures.    So..long story short, the bike fell over into the grass, the left engine cover was gashed when it fell onto the curb, clutch lever fell into the dirt, and paint got scratched.  After the situation i figured i wouldn't press charges since i don't really want to hurt this girl (in this area you really need to drive to get around), so i went online and found the price of a new side cover and just gave her the quote for that.  I think the price of that definitely made her learn her lesson.  Oh.. and i didnt get a quote on a paint job, even though it was badly scratched because i would have REALLY felt bad getting new paint jwhen it was a spray paint job to begin with(but a very good one-lots of hours polishing).  so i just sanded and sprayed some new paint onto it.  no longer looks good, but it works.
"At first it's like a new pair of underware... Frustrating and constrictive.  But then, it kind of grows on you..."

Lucky

sugar & sand in the tank are myths, they won't do anything, but oil will make it smoke like a bastard....leading to cosly engine teardown for oil rings...   ;D
1982/3 XZ550 Touring Vison, Gold on Black

kiawrench

note to self,, dont park near mutt's bike at any rov function,,, if it falls or gets knocked over,,, i dont want his first idea in my vents------

my personal favorite is two cans of sardines ,spun in blender until a puree,,, let it cook in hot sun, then just wipe it across windshield and the doors--- takes months to get that smell off a car ,esp if done in hot sun    (if you meet him, ask my now former son in law) my daughter did his truck, work trailer and all of his tools,,, i guess was easy,since he wasnt using them while spending entire workdays inside of bars and then claiming the work was slow, pay is down....... best thing she did was get rid of him, yipeeeeee!
keep your bike running,your beer cold ,and your passport handy.all are like money in the bank .

Night Vision

worst I ever did was when I was coming in from a long day of fishing. some punks had just launch their pleasure boat and they dropped some takeout styrofoam containers on the dock and were leaving...

"Hey... you forgot something... HEY..HEY you just going to leave that there?"
(butt holes smiling and waving as they left)

of course I couldn't leave that mess there... I opened one up just to see....
a crawling sea of magots  :P :P ... must have been on the boat for awhile..

it didn't take a genius to follow the wet tire tracks, so I courteously returned the contents of their property to the roof of daddy's Tahoe.  ;D
if it ain't worth doing it the hard way....
it ain't worth doing it at all - Man Law
;D

if it ain't broke..... take it apart and find out why

don't give up.... don't ever give up - Jimmy Valvano

NewVisionGuy

For the record,   I don't care if it is  a nicely shaped  drunk  college chick...  or  two...    I would  rather my bike not be knocked  over.   Now  if it's THREE...   Well  push it  over  but  it'll cost 'em.    ::)

Tiger

Quote from: Lucky on November 14, 2006, 09:42:07 PM
sugar & sand in the tank are myths, they won't do anything, but oil will make it smoke like a bastard....leading to cosly engine teardown for oil rings...   ;D

Disagree...Try digging it out of your carb's, over and over again...until you realise what is in your gas tank!!!
Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well-preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming HOOOOYA lets go again baby !!!!!!

'82 Vision, Pearl Orange finish, lots of up-grades!!!

Lucky

we tried an unscientific experiment when I was at L/M because we had an argument about this after working on a customers car who 'claimed' someome sugared his gas tank, & the car was still under warrenty. we took a 5 gallon can filled it with half gas & about a half bag of sugar (so about 2 1/2 pounds). put it in an agitator we used for dipping carbs & let it run for a few hours.

while the sugar disolved, it did not thicken up the fuel signicantly. we then pumped it thru an electric fuel pump & automotive filter & into another can. it didn't slow down the flow (clog the filter). remember there is a 'prefilter' on the pick-up in the tank as well.

there was a little sludge in the 'tank' can after the fuel was pumped out & none in the 'carb' tank...
after that, sand, it follows, should just sit there & take up space.

that was the basis for my answer, as i said, unscientific.
1982/3 XZ550 Touring Vison, Gold on Black

Blake

The problem i've always been told is when sugar gets into the carb and crystallizes again (clogging holes like bad gas).. that and when it gets into the engine it in a sense caramelizes..
"At first it's like a new pair of underware... Frustrating and constrictive.  But then, it kind of grows on you..."

ps2/bikevision

on the subject of sugar and gas. i have found that taking packing peanuts and pushing then into the fill hole will really cause problems. for any of you that dont know this makes a sticky gel that is very flamable. a.k.a. neapom

back in high school i had an old beat up s10. my junior year a sophmore had just gotten his first car. a nice brand new mustang convertible than mommy and daddy bought for him. now there is a unwritten rule on school parking. we had several small paring lots. the one closest to the gym was varsity/seinor parking. then the next lot was junior and so on. every one knew this and with few exceptions (if you played varsity) everyone followed the rules. well when pretty boy mustang got his car he took it apon him self the park in the varsity lot. i played jv football and was a varsity wrestler as was my brother just a few years eailer so from my freshmen year i parked in the varsity lot. knowing that pretty boy didnt play any sports and was a total duch bag i parked my truck within 2" of his driver door, so he would have to go through the passenger side. after pratice i came out to my truck in the ditch in front of where i parked it and a note stating not to park so close to him again. my truck was a stick and i never locked the doors cause no one was dumb enough to mess with it. so next day the mustang was in the same spot with the top down. so with the help of the entire varsity team we all took turns pissing in his car. then lifted the rear and pushed it into the ditch like mine was the day before. i left a note stating not to start a battle he could not win. he didnt park there again but the war went on for weeks. it took him several days before he smelled the piss. i guess he didnt notice it till be put the top up. he let the air out of my tires after he smelled the piss so during shop class a few friends and i put his car on blocks and threw his tires in the pond. with a note saying "go fish"

Mutt

Quote from: Blake on November 15, 2006, 12:02:30 PM
The problem i've always been told is when sugar gets into the carb and crystallizes again (clogging holes like bad gas).. that and when it gets into the engine it in a sense caramelizes..

Same here. And it scores the cylinder walls causing a loss of compression and oil leaking. I like the idea Luck has with the oil in the tank, probably best to use 2 cycle oil. Looks like something major with all the smoke but doesn't cause long term damage.

Would this discussion fall under terrrorism or harassment?

Mutt  :)
"The internet is a great way to get on the net."
- Bob Dole, Republican presidential candidate
"I invented the internet." -Al Gore, Vice President

Mutt

I was talking to my daughter's boy friend last night and the sugar in the tank question came up. I know, strange subject to have with my daughter's boy friend. Anyway, he says they tried the sugar in the tank on myth busters and it didn't do anything.

I love myth busters. Good entertainment!  :)

Blake

mythbusters also taught me that you can actually light farts on fire too  ;D :D

Brian Moffet

Quote from: Blake on November 16, 2006, 10:20:42 AM

That's why you don't want to smoke around cows.

haunter

college taught me that!
82 with fairing, rejetted, 83 turbo seca fork and brakes coming whenver I acquire the rest of the parts, and she stops breaking long enough to be in the garage for an upgrade instead of a repair.

QBS

Long ago and far away, I used to park my CB 450 Honda next to a pole under covered parking at my apartment.  The pole had a timed security light on it.  The bike  was always covered with a bike cover.  One day after the bike had run a while I noticed an unpleasent smell coming off the hot engine.  Didn't recognize it.  Gave the bike a good bath but the smell remained.  Then one morning, as I was approaching the bike, I saw a cat jump to the ground from under the bike cover.  What to do?

I used two coat hangers to make two long straight pieces of wire and duct taped them paralel to each other about 3"s apart along the center of the bike seat.  The hanger wires were then plugged into the female end of an extention cord which was then plugged into an electrical outlet adapter that screwed into the timed security light socket.

That night around 10:30 I heard a distinct cat shreik.  The next morning I went out to the bike with high hopes of finding a dead cat on the bike seat.  But, alas, it was not to be.  However, I did discover brand new claw marks on the seat where there had been none before.  The cat was never seen again.  Sadly, the smell never really went away.

Mutt

I saw you on You tube!

Mutt  :)

2VRoy

Go to your locat trapping supply and purchase a bottle of martin lure, skunk gland mix. One q-tip down the air vent and the car will be on the used car lot in a week. As far as gas tanks go, we prefer to use moth balls down the filler pipe. With the right amount, it ups the horse power for about 15 to 20 minutes and then, at times, the pistons are toast. Another old standby, is the removal of the lug nuts on all four wheels. You ever try to get a jack under a car that is resting on its discs, with the wheels rolling down the driveway. A little JB weld in the cylinder locks or ignition switch.

Sorry to hear about your misfortune, if I could I would arrange a half hour in a small room for you with the *&^&^&^%(*%$#$^!!!!
Supply for free the pine box for effect!
Keep the rubber side down!

MotorPlow

VinceDee

Yeah, I'm not so sure I wanna to go to the next ROV meet, knowing how truly disturbed you guys are.  :o :D ;)

Vince
Always ride as if all the car drivers are trying to kill you and make it look like an accident, because some of them are.

Night Vision

Quote from: VinceDee on November 17, 2006, 03:08:00 PM
Yeah, I'm not so sure I wanna to go to the next ROV meet, knowing how truly disturbed you guys are.  :o :D ;)

Vince

as long as you stay on the left coast, you should be ok.... looks like these are mainly right coast vigilante tactics
although..... all bets are off in Colorado  ;D
if it ain't worth doing it the hard way....
it ain't worth doing it at all - Man Law
;D

if it ain't broke..... take it apart and find out why

don't give up.... don't ever give up - Jimmy Valvano