Main Menu

Big Hello!

Started by Scott_Mc, November 13, 2006, 05:59:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Scott_Mc

:)Just wanted to introduce myself.

Although I've just recently found this site, I've had one of my two Visions for (I really need to look this up someday for the official number) about 18? years.  She's been in dry warm storage for the past 9 or 10 I guess.  The second is a recent aquisition, a bit rough around the edges...

Anyhow, I'm interested in poking around here a little and see what all you Vision people are up to & in to!

Cheers,

Scott
Owned an `82 XZ for 22(?) years!
Current 2-`85 and 1-`86 GS1150E/ 1-`85 GS700ES
Wanted:-ST1300 :-O !!

Lucky

Well Welcome Scott!
all those nagging irritants (like the stumble & the many stators you may have changed over the years) have been 99% solved.  ask away  :D

--Lucky
1982/3 XZ550 Touring Vison, Gold on Black

Scott_Mc

Hi Lucky,

I've only had to replace the stator once and at that was an awful coincidence with an unpleasant experience I had with an alleged motorcylce repair shop.  They were a bunch of clowns. I feel that they may have sabbotaged the bike.

I am familiar with some of the classic issues, but have not had the pleasure of experiencing them all. Some though :D.

Any one here in or around Boston, MA??

Sable

I'm about an hour or so north in Manchester, New Hampshire...
1982 Yamaha Vision
1982 Motobecane 50V
1975 Kawasaki H-1
1972 Rokon Trailbreaker

Tiger

Hi and welcome Scott_Mc to an extended "Family" that you never knew you had... ;D ;D ;D. We are the friendliest and most knowledgable XZ550 Vision site in the North Americas...and a few other place's... ::)  ;D :D ;) I'm sure we have a few member's over your way... ???

Any help, advise, part(s), etc, that you need...just "post" it... 8)

8).......TIGER....... 8)
Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well-preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming HOOOOYA lets go again baby !!!!!!

'82 Vision, Pearl Orange finish, lots of up-grades!!!

YellowJacket!

Hi Scott and welcome to the family!

On a side note - I thought the site used to have a map with pushpins that showed where the members (who chose to provide the info) live.  Can't seem to find it now.

David

Living the dream - I am now a Physician Assistant!!   :-)

Lucky

I just moved to Tn in July from East Greenwich, RI. (just south of Warwick) DaveTn grew up in North Kingston (Think Quonset Point Naval Air Base)

I know Ed Hoyle is in Warwick (82 under resoration, Ed's recovering from a serious accident), Jason Morris is in Torrington Ct, & my friend Glen Illaqua runs Boston Soap Works (motorcycle cleaners & polishes). Glen had a pristine 83 he had stored at a friends house, but i know he needed to move it out of there & have no idea what happened to it.

Finally, our hallowed webmaster of ROV, Ron Ghetti is on the Cape.

GO RED SOX!!!!! (Yeah, i'm still celebrating!)
--Lucky
1982/3 XZ550 Touring Vison, Gold on Black

kiawrench

Howdy scott,,, we can advise on repairs, modifications, alterations, hot rodding and even custom tips and tricks,,, as well as almost any possible repair or breakage. We have more knowledge than yamaha ,more parts than e-bay( i think) and more fun than a barrel of monkeys .

if you decide to hit the bike rallies at myrtle beach( pick one ,there are 4 now ) let me know, will get you a room that caters to riders _ my help > your wallet..... lol
keep your bike running,your beer cold ,and your passport handy.all are like money in the bank .

Scott_Mc

Thanks for the warm welcomes. 8) !

Maybe I'll be inspired to drag the old girl out of the basement.  She's been buried under a cover and blankets for years.  I told my tenant one day that I had a bike and he said "Where is it?"  He was pretty surprised when I told him he'd been by it every time he or his wife did laundry :D

Originally bought this bike while on the way to look at another bike.  Simply loved the look, the profile of the tank is really unique.  Over the years I've always noticed them, the few that I've seen.  Would be a ball to ride it again.

Tiger

:) Drag her out and get busy getting her ready for the first ROV spring ride in your area... 8) Let us know if you need anything... ;)

8).......TIGER....... 8)
Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well-preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming HOOOOYA lets go again baby !!!!!!

'82 Vision, Pearl Orange finish, lots of up-grades!!!