i've officially lost my mind

Started by 69shovel, November 16, 2006, 09:15:59 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

69shovel

so i've been thinking on what to do with the spare 650 i have laying around. it's out of an 00? (can't think of it off the top of my head, but its written on the frame at home) suzuki sv650. i brought home a go-kart frame and was going to do that with it, but that seems like a little too much work for not many benefits......

i was doing some measurements and i think it would slip pretty easily in the vision frame. the main problem would be the v is shaft and the suzuki is chain driven (i'm sure its nothing a little day dreaming wouldn't solve).

what do yall think about this? is it crazy or am i on to something?
69 chevelle
98 suburban
82 vision

Mutt

Quote from: 69shovel on November 16, 2006, 09:15:59 AM
so i've been thinking on what to do with the spare 650 i have laying around. it's out of an 00? (can't think of it off the top of my head, but its written on the frame at home) suzuki sv650. i brought home a go-kart frame and was going to do that with it, but that seems like a little too much work for not many benefits......

i was doing some measurements and i think it would slip pretty easily in the vision frame. the main problem would be the v is shaft and the suzuki is chain driven (i'm sure its nothing a little day dreaming wouldn't solve).

what do yall think about this? is it crazy or am i on to something?

Go for it! It's crazy! The V engine has been converted to a chain drive else where. It seems to me it would be easier to adapt the rear end to chain than the engine to shaft.  :)

Mutt
"The internet is a great way to get on the net."
- Bob Dole, Republican presidential candidate
"I invented the internet." -Al Gore, Vice President

69shovel

[quote author=Mutt link=topic=5659.msg47993#msg47993 date=1163688335
Go for it! It's crazy! The V engine has been converted to a chain drive else where. It seems to me it would be easier to adapt the rear end to chain than the engine to shaft.  :)

Mutt
[/quote]

thats what i was thinking.... and i wouldn't have the problems associated with v's (starters, stators, etc...) ;D ;D ;D
69 chevelle
98 suburban
82 vision

Coil Coyle

You will also have a cylinder stuck through your radiator along with another stuck through your rear shock.

$0.02

;D

69shovel

Quote from: coilXZcoyle on November 16, 2006, 12:01:18 PM
You will also have a cylinder stuck through your radiator along with another stuck through your rear shock.

$0.02

;D

is it that much taller that it would cause that kind of interference (sp?)?? i know its a bit bigger than the 550, but the vision are pretty good sized bikes......i figured it would just be a tight fit? i guess the only real way to find out would be to try it. :)
69 chevelle
98 suburban
82 vision

visionless

Not to discourage anyone from chasing their dreams, but why?  What makes the Vision a great bike is the motor.  Everything else is outdated and suspect to begin with.  We are constantly trying to make the rest of the bike worthy of this wonderful motor.  So by replacing the motor, you have in fact replaced the only thing in the bike that doesn't need replacing.  But what do I know.
          Chris
When a whole nation is roaring Patriotism at the top of its voice, I am fain to explore the cleanness of its hands and purity of its heart.
Ralph Waldo Emerson

'05 Katana 750    '82 XZ550
See 12 Visions all in a row!
http://www.myspace.com/ccoyle6731

Walt_M.

Gotta agree with Chris on this one!
Whale oil beef hooked!

Tiger

Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well-preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming HOOOOYA lets go again baby !!!!!!

'82 Vision, Pearl Orange finish, lots of up-grades!!!

Lucky

from an 83 standpoint, i disagree (but you knew i would  :D)
the all business wheels are unique, those tanned & braced fork legs, the lower fairing intakes & thoughtfully designed leg vents for comfy riding in many seasons, the dashboard with plenty of real estate, the ample fuel tank & guage, the seat, wide enough for my fat ass, multi adjustable rear shock & smooth shaft drive that still delivers clamp your knees performance.

i think there's lots to love on the Vision besides just the heart pounding motor (which has no more problems than the rest of the bike or any early 80's bike)

;D  Lucky  ;D
1982/3 XZ550 Touring Vison, Gold on Black

69shovel

i appreciate all the input. i see where yall are coming from, but i am always looking for bigger and better. i've always been a big fan of old school looks with new school reliability and comfort. i've got plenty of other things to do right now so this wouldn't be a right away thing anyways.... thanks again for the thoughts!!
69 chevelle
98 suburban
82 vision