News:

We rely on our supporters to help keep us running. Thank You!

Main Menu

Bad Crash In NC

Started by Mutt, November 26, 2006, 01:30:10 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mutt

We had a bad crash today near Raleigh. According to some witnesses the bikers were traveling at high speed and close together just after dark around 7pm. Apparently one of them, possibly the front guy, lost control and crashed everyone else. A man and a woman were killed and everyone else was rushed to the hospital in various conditions. Every bike went down. Hyw 64 is a 4 lane highway with a speed limit of 70 in the area were the crash occured.

Picture of a bike on a wrecker.

Statement from a witness...

"We noticed a big pile up, and automatically, I saw a whole bunch of bodies and bikes scattered," said Robert McNair, who was traveling in a car behind the group of motorcycles. "My first reaction was to pull on the side (of the road) and get out and help in any way possible that I could."

Everyone.....be safe.

Mutt  :-[
"The internet is a great way to get on the net."
- Bob Dole, Republican presidential candidate
"I invented the internet." -Al Gore, Vice President

Coil Coyle

Two second gaps, zig zag the lane, single lane.

:o                                                     Duck and Pray when Don Minor blasts past        :o ::) :P      :-*   
$0.02
;)
Coil

Mutt

New info on the crash. It was a newly organized group of club riders calling themselves "Unleashed Aggression". The girl that was killed was a high school girl visiting from Patterson, NJ. The man killed was from Raleigh. They were on seperate bikes. The girl was riding 2 up on back of a bike riden by a 17 year old. Not much experience there I'm sure! The 17 year old ran in to the back of another bike. Since they were all following too close, they all went down. Some slid in to the median. It looks like all were treated and released with the expection of 1 listed in stable condition.

I think I would have come up with a safer name for my group. Of course the name may be an indicator of the kind of riding they do. Judgemental I know but, if it walks like a duck and quacks like a duck...... :-\

Mutt

don_vanecek

Oh man, what a shame. If we get enough bikes in Colorado next year something we will need make sure doesn't happen to us.

h2olawyer

Hate to hear or read of anything like that.  Sad for the families & friends affected.  Also does irreparable damage to motorcycling's image.

We will stress safety on our group rides.  It is possible to have lots of fun without taking unnecessary risks.

H2O
If you have an accident on a motorcycle, it's always your fault. Tough call, but it has to be that way. You're in the right, and dead -on a bike. The principle is not to have any accident. If you're involved in an an accident, it's because you did not anticipate. Then, by default, you failed.

louthepou

Guys, gals,

Ride your own bike.

Often, crashes happen, in a group, to riders who, if alone, would have been perfectly safe.

Lou
Hi, my name is Louis, and I'm a Vision-o-holic

69shovel

mutt-
that must have been pretty far out on 64 to be 4 lanes and 70 mph.....do you know where-abouts it happened? that really really sucks. i hate seeing wrecks and i see a lot of them at my job. even worse when someone gets hurt.
69 chevelle
98 suburban
82 vision

Mutt

Quote from: 69shovel on November 29, 2006, 04:11:21 PM
mutt-
that must have been pretty far out on 64 to be 4 lanes and 70 mph.....do you know where-abouts it happened? that really really sucks. i hate seeing wrecks and i see a lot of them at my job. even worse when someone gets hurt.

In Nash County, near Moyer?

Mutt