News:

Ridersofvision.net  welcomes you !

Main Menu

Does anyone know who's V this is?

Started by NewVisionGuy, November 27, 2006, 08:59:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tiger

???...Nope...where did you find it... ???
Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well-preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming HOOOOYA lets go again baby !!!!!!

'82 Vision, Pearl Orange finish, lots of up-grades!!!

h2olawyer

Check out the forward controls - at least the shifter.

H2O
If you have an accident on a motorcycle, it's always your fault. Tough call, but it has to be that way. You're in the right, and dead -on a bike. The principle is not to have any accident. If you're involved in an an accident, it's because you did not anticipate. Then, by default, you failed.

supervision

Where's my black felt pin, I need to black-out those rims
" border="0

NewVisionGuy

It's a picture  from the german sites  gallery.  I'm trying to figure out:

1.  Where  he  stashed the battery
2.  What kind of lights  those are on the rear

By the end of next  summer,  I'm hoping to have my bike chopped  similar to this one, except, I'm going to use the stock seat.  I was going to  use the stock tail lights, but  after  taking a look at the frame, and inner fender today,  I don't feel like getting into that.  If I find a different set of tail lights that will work, I could almost do this with a dremel tool  ;)

Tiger

Quote from: BlueBass on November 27, 2006, 11:10:16 PM
It's a picture  from the german sites  gallery.  I'm trying to figure out:

1.  Where  he  stashed the battery...It is still behind the left hand cover but did you notice that he mounted the R/R on the outside of the lower battery cover... ???
2.  What kind of lights  those are on the rear...Have a look at your local bike wreckers yard(s), these lights are off older Yam's, Honda's, etc.
Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well-preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming HOOOOYA lets go again baby !!!!!!

'82 Vision, Pearl Orange finish, lots of up-grades!!!

louthepou

Personally, I would shorten the rear fender by at least a half.

Lou
Hi, my name is Louis, and I'm a Vision-o-holic

Sable

I'd shop that rear fender in half and mount it to the swing arm and make it closer to the rear tire..
1982 Yamaha Vision
1982 Motobecane 50V
1975 Kawasaki H-1
1972 Rokon Trailbreaker

NewVisionGuy

Here's  what  I kind of  have in mind.  I'm still  tossing around the idea of  stock tail lights  or not.

kiawrench

that bike is in germany, or possibly denmark, either way ,, need a good mind to reteach your foot to shift,,, that puppy shifts in reverse,, linkage is reversed ! need to really enlarge to see that

as fir your own sketch out,,, that will work,,, but for sure>>  ,,, shorten rear fender ,so that it ends directly above the tip of exhaust- that will keep it from bending into tire if for some reason you tap something while backing it up (been there, done it on my triumph ).
keep your bike running,your beer cold ,and your passport handy.all are like money in the bank .

NewVisionGuy

I'm pretty careful  when I'm backing up.  I want it that  long  so  i'm  not  throwing road grime up on myself  at low speed.  I ride in whatever weather God decides to give me that day. 

GT @ oh.

I like the scetch. If I sent you a picture of my bike could you play with some stipes on mine .I'd like to put gold strips on mine but not sure quite where(not like stock though) got a couple ideas but would like to see first which I like best.....or you could tell me how to do

NewVisionGuy

You might contact an ROV member  Odium.  He  made that sketch in MS Paint  by cutting and pasting an old stock sketch.  You could print out the picture and fool around  with schemes  by  hand possibly.   I usually just draw a sketch of the bike by hand and but  printing it out would probably be  a lot easier. 

kiawrench

lol,, bass,,,, if you cut the rear fender even with the tip of pipes, you would have to ride on very end of a luggage rack to even know it was tossing mud!!!

my triumph only has a 6 inch long hugger on rear tire, but it doesnt get chain oil on my white t-shirts

a long rear fender will make a on hand bike look like it isnt finished, sort of stopped in middle of design ,,, cut it back a bit, then ride like you stole it      my 2 pennies

better idea, try it long ,if it doesnt look right, take it off, cut it back 4 inches and try it again

keep your bike running,your beer cold ,and your passport handy.all are like money in the bank .

Lucky

you ride in a Tshirt Kia? tisk tisk...
1982/3 XZ550 Touring Vison, Gold on Black

NewVisionGuy

Quote from: kiawrench on November 29, 2006, 09:27:37 PM
   better idea, try it long ,if it doesnt look right, take it off, cut it back 4 inches and try it again

My thinking  exactly.   Better to be  too long than too be  too short  is  what I've always heard.   :o