News:

Ridersofvision.net  welcomes you !

Main Menu

I thought this only happened with new stuff...

Started by NewVisionGuy, December 02, 2006, 01:10:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

NewVisionGuy

don't you hate it when you buy a new piece of electronics a get it home only to find out that you need a cable that didn't come in the box to hook it up.    Well...  I thought that was something you only had to experience with new stuff. 

I bought an  Atari 2600 Jr  rev A   and it finally got here this morning.  I pulled it out of the box  expecting the necessary RCA to Coaxial adapter to be in there.  Yah right!!   oh well.  I'm  going to go to Radio Shack and get a RCA to S-video cable  so I don't have to fool with an adapter  or  unplug and switch cables all of the time,  but  it's still going to cost me  what I spent on the system with 8 games.  I  contacted the seller  to let him know that  a 2600  will not hook up to a modern TV without the adapter.  Apparently he didn't know ???  How did he "test" it ???

kiawrench

lol,,, welcome to long distance buying.
    figure to spend at least as much buying extra parts as you do on the item, then add in some more for shipping, since the store you go to has to order it, then add in another 25 percent for your own time .

look at bright side, when we sell to each other , we get exactly what we need, and it most likely works .
keep your bike running,your beer cold ,and your passport handy.all are like money in the bank .