News:

Ridersofvision.net  welcomes you !

Main Menu

Vision Fuel injection AND spark control all in one

Started by Blake, December 02, 2006, 06:05:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Coil Coyle

Back in the RD350 days, 77/78, Cycle magazine ran an air gap secondary voltage test on all the available coils, including the then new HEI from an Oldsmobile. The best spark came from the replacement coils that KMart sold.

$0.02
;)
Coil

supervision

When I first met my wife, she had a fiat.  124 spider  green/tan.  I had a fiat in high school (my first car,bought from the neighbors) it was a 59 500 bianchina? or something like that.  had a 12 horse engine in the back a  3 speed trans-axel.  one day leaving the school parking lot, I was trying to spin it up in first, then slam second, and it broke the transmision....  we tipped it on it's side on a matress and changed to a different trans-axel..
" border="0

Coil Coyle

Megasquirt is re organizing their site and a new division of the board will be groups.

I signed up to their site as coilMScoyle, that's my typical public formula. The question is, "Do we want to do it here or there?" as we colaborate.

???

Coil

Blake

Great to see you decided to go microsquirt!  I'm pretty sure I'm signed up at the megasquirt forum too.  If I am (if not then i will be), my s/n is Stobl(my usual one also).  I really like your idea of the locked thread to see your progress.  Once I get started I'll definitely have to do the same thing.  It'll be quite interesting to see how two different approaches go.
"At first it's like a new pair of underware... Frustrating and constrictive.  But then, it kind of grows on you..."

Coil Coyle

Blake,
        Yeah, I did some troubleshooting and repairs on an 86 2.8 MPI chevy V6. I have been waiting for a system that could use exhaust gas feedback and Mass Air Flow. That little chevy ran fast and got good mileage. It also advanced the ignition with a knock sensor mic for feed back. I don't know if that's possible with the Micro. The GM idle air control was awsome, also.
       My first runs will be with the stock R1 while all of us that are intertested in FI argue and research the Microsquirt on this forum. You and I have exchanged ideas in other posts but any post on this site can take off and head anywhere.. that's why we all own Visions, isn't it?
      Can you supply a reference regarding your criticism of the Power Commander type FI tuners having a negative effect on the ignition timing? Was it just a problem with noise? Any where I could study the information you found last year?

Gratefully,
;)
Coil
PS. this guy did an XS1100 with GM ignition. Check it out.
http://www.hal-pc.org/~dhutch/

Blake

Hey coil.  It wasnt me that talked about the power commander.  I've never actually seen one in person, let alone used one.  I really like that GM conversion on the 1100.  My only concern is that (correct me if im wrong).. but isnt the 1100 equal fire?  I really think thats the biggest hindrance for finding something better for the vision's ignition (the odd fire making it "difficult" to jig up).  I'm definately going to read that site more thoroughly later tonight
"At first it's like a new pair of underware... Frustrating and constrictive.  But then, it kind of grows on you..."

Coil Coyle

Blake,
          Sorry it was probably Extent that brought up the ignition problem when he was advocating Megasquirt over the R1 ECU.

The ignition thing to me seems simple in execution; any ignition that you can trigger with our pickups just has to be used twice. Two of everything. Why not? We allready have two ignition signals.

My worry is finding an automative replacement that will curve OK and not Rev limit or anything like that. Just don't have a good idea of where to start other than Google. Ideas?

???
Coil