News:

We would like to thank our supporting members for their generosity.

Main Menu

A SPECIAL POSTING...

Started by Tiger, December 03, 2006, 06:55:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tiger

:-\ I was trying to think of something worthwhile to post, on this wee milestone in my life, (1,000th post!!!)... :-\  :-\  :-\ and then it struck me... ::)

8) I would like to take this opportunity, regardless of race, religion, sex, etc, etc, to wish ALL member's of "The R.O.V Family" and their families...

;D ;D ;D...A VERY "OLD FASHIONED" MERRY CHRISTMAS AND A HAPPY NEW YEAR... ;D ;D ;D...A MERRY CHRISTMAS AND A HAPPY NEW YEAR TO YOU ALL... ;D :D... 8) 

8) May you all get what you wish for... 8) 8) 8)

8).......TIGER....... 8).......TIGER....... 8).......TIGER....... 8)                     
Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well-preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming HOOOOYA lets go again baby !!!!!!

'82 Vision, Pearl Orange finish, lots of up-grades!!!

Night Vision

congrats....

1,000+ posts............
ROVer of the year.......
lots of new friends.......

I can't think of a better way to spend 16 days, 19 hrs, and 43 minutes   :o :o ;D :D

http://ridersofvision.net/forum/xzindex.php?action=stats

I think I left my computer logged on....
I read lots of old posts......................
ok, I screw off at work................ a lot!  ;D
if it ain't worth doing it the hard way....
it ain't worth doing it at all - Man Law
;D

if it ain't broke..... take it apart and find out why

don't give up.... don't ever give up - Jimmy Valvano

kiawrench

just think,, sooner or later many of us will reach 2000 posts,, then we will move up to "geriatric "member status-------
   congrats tiger,,,, night vision, you arent too far behind ,,,,
keep your bike running,your beer cold ,and your passport handy.all are like money in the bank .

h2olawyer

Quote from: kiawrench on December 03, 2006, 09:11:12 PM
just think,, sooner or later many of us will reach 2000 posts,, then we will move up to "geriatric "member status-------
   congrats tiger,,,, night vision, you arent too far behind ,,,,

Thanks, Tiger - great post for your 1,000th!

kia - if I wasn't rapidly approaching real life "geezer" status, I might resent the 'geriatric' comment.   :D

H2O
(2113 posts & counting)
If you have an accident on a motorcycle, it's always your fault. Tough call, but it has to be that way. You're in the right, and dead -on a bike. The principle is not to have any accident. If you're involved in an an accident, it's because you did not anticipate. Then, by default, you failed.

Lucky

Yup, 2000 will be quite a milestone  ;)
Geezer my @ss! lol
1982/3 XZ550 Touring Vison, Gold on Black

Brian Moffet

kiawrench

H2o  ,
i feel your pain,,, or better yet, a lot of my own,,, my life in fast lane has caught up in more ways than one. am already getting mail from AARP,,, guess i need to start shopping around, trade the bonnie for a gold wing,,, or a well appointed Venture .
keep your bike running,your beer cold ,and your passport handy.all are like money in the bank .

hfarley

Ya know if any of you old geezers out there ever get to old to ride, some of us youngin's would be happy to take your visions off yer hands ;) ;) :P..... LOL!!
Especially any that have fairings. LOL! ;D ;D ::)
-Heather
Sometimes being insane in an insane world IS being sane

I don't suffer from insanity....I enjoy every minute of it!

Walt_M.

Now now Heather, you don't stop riding because you get old. You get old because you stop riding!
Whale oil beef hooked!

hfarley

My mistake Wise one! Please accept my apologies. I must be losing my mind a bit lately to have not known that. LOL! I humbly bow down before you and accept your words of wisdom. ;)

-Heather
Sometimes being insane in an insane world IS being sane

I don't suffer from insanity....I enjoy every minute of it!

Night Vision

Quote from: Tiger on December 03, 2006, 06:55:56 PM

I would like to take this opportunity, regardless of race, religion, sex, etc, etc, to wish "The R.O.V Family and their families...

...A VERY "OLD FASHIONED" MERRY CHRISTMAS AND A HAPPY NEW YEAR TO YOU ALL... ;D :D...

ya know.... It dawned on me (after I looked at my calendar at work) that Canadians celebrate Boxing Day.....

now where the heck am I going to find a "Have a Holly Jolly Boxing Day" card  ???
umm.. pardon my American ignorance... what is Boxing Day?
if it ain't worth doing it the hard way....
it ain't worth doing it at all - Man Law
;D

if it ain't broke..... take it apart and find out why

don't give up.... don't ever give up - Jimmy Valvano

h2olawyer

I actually know this one, but I'll let one of our Canadian or UK members answer.  After all, they are the ones who traditionally celebrate it.

I jokingly call it the day you box up all the X-mas gifts you received but did not like, take them back to the various stores & exchange them for things you want.  Also known as National Exchange Day.

H2O
If you have an accident on a motorcycle, it's always your fault. Tough call, but it has to be that way. You're in the right, and dead -on a bike. The principle is not to have any accident. If you're involved in an an accident, it's because you did not anticipate. Then, by default, you failed.

Mutt

Just read "Boxing Day" on Wikipedia. I'm bringing a box to Canada so it can be filled with coins! I'm stopping at the border to get the currency changed!  :)

My first time reading a menu in Canada was quite exciting. On the menu was pasties and poontine!  :P Very erotic food choices! Actually pasties are like a meat filled pie and poontine was almost as good as it sounds. It's french fries covered with brown gravy.

Mutt (Where I come from it's corn-bread and chicken)  :)
"The internet is a great way to get on the net."
- Bob Dole, Republican presidential candidate
"I invented the internet." -Al Gore, Vice President

Tiger

::) I think your American forfathers thru' away more than tea in Boston... ;D :D ;)

The day after Christmas Day is known as Boxing Day, after the tradition of opening the alms boxes placed in churches over the Christmas season. The contents were distributed, by the "well heeled",  amongst the poor of the parish.

December 26 is also known as the Feast of St Stephen.

Only in the last century, however, has it become a holiday... 8)

There you go, boy's 'n girlies...Now you know... 8)

8).......Tiger teach-in 101....... 8)
Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well-preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming HOOOOYA lets go again baby !!!!!!

'82 Vision, Pearl Orange finish, lots of up-grades!!!