I've got an '83...PAINTED...Up-date

Started by Tiger, December 09, 2006, 02:45:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tiger

:o Yep, thats right, I now have an '83 in my stable... 8) A Canadian red 'n white one with just under 10,000 mile's on the clock, (15k + Km's)....... 8) and, as is the norm', she has been laid up for a wee while and will need the carb's cleaned out... ::) and a new set of rubber...(Sorry no picture's as yet).
I was out buying part's for N_V and my-self, ('83 rear shock's), and the guy asks "would you be interested in an "83 I've just bought in a few day's ago"......  ???.....He continues..."This guy was moving house and decided he no longer wanted it, its been in his garage under a cover and is in decent condition...its out in the back yard"....... :o I go out into the yard and there she stands, shivering and looking sad under a coat of 3" of snow...YES people, that bright, white, cold, fluffy stuff... :o, after years of being inside and loved, now she is cast outside to fend for herself...WELL, what could I say, I mean, what would YOU do, if at that moment YOU where ME....... ??? HUH...Bad enough at any time of year but at Christmas time you don't throw out a loved one...Then again, my first wife did....ME!!! but thats another story... ::) .

"Guy recon's she just needs a new battery John, what do you think" he says.
Well says I, There's no room at "The Vision Hotel" at present and I don't want her standing outside ALL winter...Hmmmm....."O.K". says he, "if you want her, give me a deposit and  I'll store her indoors until spring...no extra charge!!!"
So, I pay him a deposit and off she goes into the warmth...I will take in my spare cover, next week, to keep her clean... 8) 8) 8)

8).......TIGER....... 8)
Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well-preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming HOOOOYA lets go again baby !!!!!!

'82 Vision, Pearl Orange finish, lots of up-grades!!!

Coil Coyle

Tiger,
       I'm Praying you don't part this one.
???
Coil

Tiger

Quote from: coilXZcoyle on December 09, 2006, 02:48:30 PM
Tiger,
       I'm Praying you don't part this one.
???
Coil

???...Pleeeeease, don't use that kind of language in front of baby... :o   ;D ;D ;D :D :D... ;) NO sir, this one is a keeper. I will have the paperwork next week... 8)

8).......TIGER....... 8)
Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well-preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming HOOOOYA lets go again baby !!!!!!

Night Vision

hehe..... my brother asked where I found a shock...

"Tiger" I sez....

"where does he find these things"? ......he asks....

"Well, Tiger has a very "magnetic" personality ; parts and Visions are actually attracted to him"..... I say

if it ain't worth doing it the hard way....
it ain't worth doing it at all - Man Law
;D

if it ain't broke..... take it apart and find out why

don't give up.... don't ever give up - Jimmy Valvano

Night Vision

CONGRATULATIONS

definately worthy of my 1000th post  :D
if it ain't worth doing it the hard way....
it ain't worth doing it at all - Man Law
;D

if it ain't broke..... take it apart and find out why

don't give up.... don't ever give up - Jimmy Valvano

h2olawyer

Tiger -

You sure do manage to find the good V deals.  Congrats on your latest acquisition!

H2O
If you have an accident on a motorcycle, it's always your fault. Tough call, but it has to be that way. You're in the right, and dead -on a bike. The principle is not to have any accident. If you're involved in an an accident, it's because you did not anticipate. Then, by default, you failed.

Kevin

Way to go, the red and white Canada version is the best looking of them all.

Kenny

I'd say my other half would second that one!  Congrats Tiger! Interested in a short hop to the Wet er West coast?
                    Ken S
2 XV 920rh 81
1 Red/White 83
1 Blue/White 83
Bmw R100rs 84
TDM 850  92

Tiger

Quote from: Night Vision on December 09, 2006, 04:12:24 PM
CONGRATULATIONS

definately worthy of my 1000th post  :D

8)...I'm honoured to be the subject of your "Mile Stone", 1,000 posting....... 8) 8) 8)

Tiger

Quote from: h2olawyer on December 09, 2006, 05:19:25 PM
Tiger -
You sure do manage to find the good V deals.  Congrats on your latest acquisition!
H2O

Quote from: Kevin on December 09, 2006, 06:27:43 PM
Way to go, the red and white Canada version is the best looking of them all.

Quote from: Kenny on December 10, 2006, 12:59:32 AM
I'd say my other half would second that one!  Congrats Tiger! Interested in a short hop to the Wet er West coast?
Ken S

h2o...Maybe I should change my name to "Lucky Tiger"....... :D :D :D... ;) Naaaa, don't want to annoy the "INFAMOUS ONE"... ;D ;D ;D :D :D... ;)

Kevin, I sure agree with you on that one..... 8)

Ken S, Not this side of spring....... ;)

Once I can get her home and evaluate what is required to get her "Road Worthy" ,I will up-date her progress for you all. My intention is to keep her, apart from the obvious up-grades, completely stock.

;)  :D  ;D 8).......TIGER....... 8)  ;D  :D  ;)

Brian Moffet

Yeah, that's what they all say... 

Brian (keep her stock, sheesh  ::) )

Tiger

Quote from: Vision Rising on December 10, 2006, 10:34:30 AM
Yeah, that's what they all say... 

Brian (keep her stock, sheesh  ::) )

:) Awwww, Brian, have some faith...I have my '82 in custom orange, another '82, naked, in stock black and now an '83 in CANADIAN RED AND WHITE... 8) 8) 8) I have noooooooooo reason to change her colour's... :)

8).......TIGER....... 8)

Brian Moffet

Oh all right, but if I see some other color than black or gold!!!   ;D

Brian

Tiger

Quote from: Vision Rising on December 10, 2006, 11:05:32 PM
Oh all right, but if I see some other color than black or gold!!!   ;D
Brian

???...CANADIAN RED AND WHITE...just like our flag...and my English soccer teams colours, (Sunderland A.F.C.) ....... 8)

8).......TIGER....... 8)

Lucky

when i got my Vision it was red, & I found a spot (don't remember exactly where, but i think it was a side cover) where you could see it wasn't faded, so your red may need sprucing up :)
1982/3 XZ550 Touring Vison, Gold on Black

dj

Good find Tiger!  Can't wait to see the pics of your new "baby".
2008 Honda Rebel (Black)

Kenny

Welcome to the Red/nWhite World !
Kenny
2 XV 920rh 81
1 Red/White 83
1 Blue/White 83
Bmw R100rs 84
TDM 850  92

YellowJacket!

Tigers got more Visions than a Yammy dealer in 82.  ;D

David

Living the dream - I am now a Physician Assistant!!   :-)

wolf

Congrats, Tiger! Just got the first photos over the e-mail---she's BEAUTIFUL! You'll have to change those Mag Mopus tires,though--lol!
--wolf.

Tiger

??? Would some-one, who I e-mailed picture's to, care to post them for this computer illiterate one...please... ;)

8).......TIGER....... 8)