News:

We rely on our supporters to help keep us running. Thank You!

Main Menu

I've got an '83...PAINTED...Up-date

Started by Tiger, December 09, 2006, 02:45:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tiger

Quote from: vadasz1 on February 03, 2008, 11:56:28 PM
Hey there Tiger, with your luck in finding those beauties, could you find me an '83  with fairing?

:) In a little over three year's and seven Vision's, "The Canadian" is the only one I've acquired with a full fairing. However, at a swap meet, last year, I picked up a couple of sport type fairing's...one was a Vetter Sting, the other a Vetter as well... but don't remember the model. Brian_Mathewson has one and Lil'Blaster the other... 8)

8).......TIGER....... 8)
Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well-preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming HOOOOYA lets go again baby !!!!!!

'82 Vision, Pearl Orange finish, lots of up-grades!!!

Tiger

:) I've had her running up to working temp's a couple of times now...slowly ridding her of the internal condensation, in the shape of white "smoke" coming out of the OEM exhaust system. She fires up within two chug's... ;)

The "New" Tim Parrot stator is showing 13.5 volt's at 1,500 r.p.m. idle and 14 volts at 3,000 r.p.m... 8)

I had an initial problem taking her off choke/enricher...Slide the lever to the right with the thumb and ...no change ??? Looking at the lever the cable hadn't returned, infact it had come out of the switch housing ??? Problem: The choke/enricher rod, at the carb, was sticking...against the wiring loom ::)...easy fix ;)

One dumb a$$ thing I did :-[ :-[ I had the gas tank resting on the work bench, (seat end down), so I could nip the two screws tight that hold the petcock to the tank, after replacing the original leaking one. Other than an old bathtowel and the old petcock, the workbench was clear when...the gas tank slipped from my grasp :o down she went...right on to the old petcock!!!
The nicely painted, shiny gas tank now sports a "Blackeye" in the shape of small dent, almost dead centre of the tank, about 4" from the seat... BUGGER, BUGGER, BUGGER... and other choice word's!!!

With the snow blown off of my driveway I just had to take her for a wee short ride... from the road back into my garage. A run of approx' 45 feet ;) and yep, the brakes, with there twin S.S. braided Galfer brake line's work real fine ;D :D :D.

I still have a couple of "tweek's" to do before her safety cert'...rear brake light not working...(switch needs adjusting), fairing lowers need installing, etc and she is good to go 8)

8).......TIGER....... 8)
Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well-preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming HOOOOYA lets go again baby !!!!!!

vadasz1

AAAAAAwwwwwwwwllllllllllllllrrrriiiiiggghhhhttttttt  Johnny ! ! !....Good fer ya boy....
Keep it upright and she'll always be happy!

'82 Vision XZ550RJ with full fairing, shaved tail light housing and covered in blue hammertone enamel.

Night Vision

Quote from: Tiger on February 10, 2008, 09:18:31 AM

......The nicely painted, shiny gas tank now sports a "Blackeye" in the shape of small dent, almost dead centre of the tank, about 4" from the seat... BUGGER, BUGGER, BUGGER... and other choice word's!!!

that's too bad  :'(
just tell everyone it was a tank slapper  ::)

..... or put a nice deckle over it  ;)
if it ain't worth doing it the hard way....
it ain't worth doing it at all - Man Law
;D

if it ain't broke..... take it apart and find out why

don't give up.... don't ever give up - Jimmy Valvano

YellowJacket!

either that or ye got some cast iron cajones.  ;D  ;D  ;D

David

Living the dream - I am now a Physician Assistant!!   :-)

Brian Moffet

Quote from: YellowJacket! on February 10, 2008, 01:25:24 PM
either that or ye got some cast iron cajones.  ;D  ;D  ;D

I can personally verify that it doesn't take cast-iron cojones to dent the tank by the seat...  (no, not on my Vision, it was a Suzuki 300)

Brian (last I checked they didn't clink together and shoot sparks out my ass...)

Cdnlouie

Hey John,

Give me a shout on your tank issue, I have an idea I am turning over in my mind to get that dent out. Send me a pic so I can have a look at it.  If there is no crease I think we might have a good chance to remove it.

P.S. You're a brave soul wandering out there with the ice & snow we just got hit with.  Don't blame you though!

Tiger

Quote from: Cdnlouie on February 10, 2008, 04:41:15 PM
Hey John,

Give me a shout on your tank issue, I have an idea I am turning over in my mind to get that dent out. Send me a pic so I can have a look at it.  If there is no crease I think we might have a good chance to remove it.

P.S. You're a brave soul wandering out there with the ice & snow we just got hit with.  Don't blame you though!

Thanks Cdnlouie, but a tank protector covers it just fine...for now ;)

jasonm.

YA, get one of the those carbon fiber look tank protectors...cover that dent...we won't tell anyone...YOU'RE a clutzzz
looks aren't important, if she lets you play by your rules

Cdnlouie

If you have some of the paint leftover, paint the tankcover the same colour.  I have compressor and paint gun to do it for you if you want.

You're dang hard to kept out of trouble you know!  :o

Tiger

Quote from: jasonm. on February 12, 2008, 07:40:45 PM
...YOU'RE a clutzzz

:D I called myself worse than that when I did it...believe me!!!

Quote from: Cdnlouie on February 13, 2008, 02:13:08 PM
If you have some of the paint leftover, paint the tankcover the same colour.  I have compressor and paint gun to do it for you if you want.
You're dang hard to kept out of trouble you know!  :o

:) Trouble is my middle name, don't you know!!! I don't have any touch up paint...I didn't think to get any from the shop when I picked up all the part's after the repaint ::)

8).......TIGER....... 8)

Cdnlouie

Okay Tiger-T...rouble  ::), did you get the paint code?  Now, here is a chance to redeem yourself  :-X.

CDNL

Tiger

Quote from: Cdnlouie on February 13, 2008, 05:11:24 PM
Okay Tiger-T...rouble  ::), did you get the paint code?  Now, here is a chance to redeem yourself  :-X.

CDNL

:) In a word...NO!!! ::)

Tiger

:) The complete fairing is all bolted up, including new black nylon screw's to hold the windshield in place,  XZ550 badges are attached to the side panel's, rear brake light now working, new battery is charged, installed and on a battery tender and the gas tank is filled with fresh gas. She is now ready to go for her safety cert'...once I get a towbar fitted to my recently purchased Chevy Up Lander!!!

8).......TIGER....... 8)

vadasz1

Hey John how about if I ride her and you the Mistress to get it safetied?  As a new M1 licenced rider I sure could use the seat time. ;D :P :D
Keep it upright and she'll always be happy!

'82 Vision XZ550RJ with full fairing, shaved tail light housing and covered in blue hammertone enamel.

Night Vision

Quote from: vadasz1 on February 29, 2008, 08:20:49 AM
Hey John how about if I ride her and you the Mistress to get it safetied?  As a new M1 licenced rider I sure could use the seat time. ;D :P :D

I'm not seeing it.....
                      .... Tiger is a nice guy....... but not THAT nice
;D

inanecathode

Dammit tiger, you made me drop my freshly painted gas tank too ><!
Back to bondo :(
//////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////
If you can't tell your friend to kiss your ass then they aren't a true friend.
//////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////

Tiger

Quote from: vadasz1 on February 29, 2008, 08:20:49 AM

::) You have as much chance of ridin' "The Canadian" as I have of becoming the next pope...and I'm not even a catholic... ::)

8).......TIGER....... 8)

Tiger

8) Well, its been a long time coming...9th December when I started this thread!!!...and I'm pleased to inform you all that today, after more than ten year's, "The Canadian" made her born again maiden voyage   8) 8) 8). She has one or two wee issues to sort out but she is waaaaaaay quicker than "The Mistress"...WOW, still have that silly grin on my face ;D :D :D :D :D... 8)

8).......TIGER....... 8)

Night Vision

Quote from: Tiger on April 21, 2008, 06:12:58 PM

.... She has one or two wee issues to sort out but she is waaaaaaay quicker than "The Mistress"...

good! now you can keep up with that Lambro  ;)

I'm looking forward to lots of silly grins
;D