News:

We rely on our supporters to help keep us running. Thank You!

Main Menu

I've got an '83...PAINTED...Up-date

Started by Tiger, December 09, 2006, 02:45:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

joevacc

-=[Joe Vacc]=-
"The most pathetic person in the world is someone who has sight, but has no vision."
Helen Keller

Tiger

:) I key this in with mixed emotions :D :'( :-\...why you wonder??...I just waved goodbye to "The Canadian" a short while ago :o :o

Dibble, who recently joined the ROV, no sooner had his Vision on the road, (7 Km's I do believe!!), than his dad, (Bob), took off on her for a weekend of reacquainting himself with an old flame...MOTORCYCLING 8)

Dibble was now on the lookout for a Vision for his dad so he could get his pride and joy back!!!

Anyhooooo, to cut a long story short, after a couple of emails and phone calls, Steve, (a.k.a. Dibble) and his father turned up on my doorstep this morning, cash in hand and ready to ride. Deal done and not content to trailer her home, Bob donned his riding gear and headed North...Dibble in his cage behind him.   

Bob is now the proud owner of "The Canadian"...I must admit last night Steve asked me if I really wanted to sell her :-\ to which I repled "No, but like all Visions she needs to be rode often". I'm content to know that Bob will look after her well and I wish him all the best.

:) Its kind of sad to loose her...but we now have a new member to our growing "Team OnROV"...and another crazy grin to add to the collection 8)

8).......TIGER....... 8)
Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well-preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming HOOOOYA lets go again baby !!!!!!

'82 Vision, Pearl Orange finish, lots of up-grades!!!

Lucky

There there Tiger, it'll be ok....

room for one more now eh?  ;D
1982/3 XZ550 Touring Vison, Gold on Black

vadasz1

I am so sorry for your lo$$. ::)

I bet the Mistress is just shining with happiness.  You know what they say about harems?  The first wife is always the most jealous one.  I think the Mistress would have given you many headaches once you would have turned most of your attention to The Canadian.

Well great to hear that atleast it's staying in it's native land as well as native province. ;D
Keep it upright and she'll always be happy!

'82 Vision XZ550RJ with full fairing, shaved tail light housing and covered in blue hammertone enamel.

Night Vision

first borns always get the most attention... but I see where you're going with this... having a dresser and an undresser is like having a boy and a girl.... they both have their own special place in you heart  :D
if it ain't worth doing it the hard way....
it ain't worth doing it at all - Man Law
;D

if it ain't broke..... take it apart and find out why

don't give up.... don't ever give up - Jimmy Valvano

YellowJacket!

You haven't lost a Vision, You've gained another brother!  ;D

David

Living the dream - I am now a Physician Assistant!!   :-)

GT @ oh.

Tiger

:) I've sent a pic to my publisher down in the states, (N_V!!!), and he will post soon GT... ;)

8).......TIGER....... 8)
Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well-preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming HOOOOYA lets go again baby !!!!!!

Night Vision

happy trails....

to you.....

until  we   meeeet   again ..... bonvoyage

;D

Tiger

8) Thanks N_V.

Yes, there she be...my first '83. Gee, doesn't she look pretty. Really sad to see her go, however...

8).......TIGER....... 8)

GT @ oh.

I likey.....any chance I could get you to move closer to Oh.......if not....... I'm up for adoption....I even come with a low milage 82Vision.....and if not that then....... I might just show up on your door step...again........Oh and tell Barry...... no my wife is not up for adoption too.

joevacc

Holy cow Tiger are you down to just one bike??!!  :o :o :o

That is paramount to being naked!!!   ::)

What will you do??

Better ride the hell out of the Mistress until further notice... ;D ;D ;D "That is all"

Edit:

P.S.  I have another '82 here that has not run in 10 years. If you are feeling empty inside - I'll get it up to you so you can get all fixed up and pretty!!
Don't worry about the shipping costs I'll take care of that!!  8) 8)  ;D
-=[Joe Vacc]=-
"The most pathetic person in the world is someone who has sight, but has no vision."
Helen Keller

Night Vision

I know it's hard... but try to keep up Joe!  ;D

he's got the eighth one in the wings.... he's down to "only" two now   :D
;D

Tiger

:) I have no intentions of moving from this wee village or our humble abode, nor will I adopt male humans ::) Dogs and Visions I have no problem with ;) so guys...Ride it, push it, tow it...I don't care which, just get her here... ;)  I'll be quite happy to "Tigrrrr-ize" yer Vision(s) on a first come first served $$$ basis... ;D :D :D :D :D :D :D... 8)

I'm proud of the fact that three resurrected, roadworthy Visions, (2 x '82 & 1 x '83), have left my garage in the past 12 months to be enjoyed again by their new owner's... 8)

8).......TIGER....... 8)

vadasz1

Yeah, like I realy enjoy fixing this damned leaky tank. ;D

Otherwise she's coming along nicely.  I just got the fairing brackets installed today and loosely fit the upper fairing on.  She's coming along alright, slowly but surely I will most likely have a somewhat trouble free Vision for the next few years.

Now back to your regularly broadcast Tiger special...................goodnight. ;D
Keep it upright and she'll always be happy!

'82 Vision XZ550RJ with full fairing, shaved tail light housing and covered in blue hammertone enamel.

joevacc

Quote from: Night Vision on July 02, 2008, 04:25:02 PM
I know it's hard... but try to keep up Joe!  ;D

he's got the eighth one in the wings.... he's down to "only" two now   :D
whoaaaa... I thought we had a problem here. Good to know there is more work for you Tiger!
-=[Joe Vacc]=-
Helen Keller

GT @ oh.

Whaaa..... is that male human dog remark really necessary geezz....I know what i look like.... I don't need reminded.         Luckily though I think I"ve found a good mechanic nearby....my buddy just bought a 83 GPZ 750 with only 4000mi. .......he had one when we were just out of high school....it didnt run though....hard to believe with only 4000mi. on it  ....he got a referal to this retired bike mechanic...who got it running great...I know cause I took it for a ride....a fun fast bike...bet its runs in the 10's ..with brakes that work unlike the V's.... so I'm hoping this guy can do the same with mine...he seems atleast willing to work on older bikes.......but if not... its good to know your there Tiger....Thanks hope to see you again.

Rick G

Tiger , that thing is gorgeous ,I don't know how you could let it go!!  Buck up old lad!!
Rick G
Go soothingly on the grease mud, as there in lurks the skid demon
'82.5 Yamaha XZ550 RJ  Vision,
'90 Suzuki VX800, 1990 Suzuki DR350.
'74  XL350   Honda , 77 XL350 Honda, 78 XL350 Honda, '82 XT 200 Yamaha, '67 Yamaha YG1TK, 80cc trail bike

jasonm.

Quote from: Night Vision on July 01, 2008, 09:01:09 PM
happy trails....

to you.....

until  we   meeeet   again ..... bonvoyage

WHAT>>>YOU SOLD IT. I thought You'd at least meet me and let me drive the hell out of it ...ONCE. ;D
   Had I the funds I would have been first in line. SH*T.

looks aren't important, if she lets you play by your rules

Tiger

:) As you can tell in the picture, this was an early spring photo shoot. When you see her on a sunny day she really sparkles with the pearl white...although she wasn't fully finished off!!! She still needed a few touch ups here and there ;) Originally she was rebuilt for me, not to sell on.
However, I'm pleased to tell you that the new owner, (Dibble's dad), is racking the miles up on her and having a real blast. He has had a lot of positive comments from friends and work colleagues...8)...and Dibble has "Night Terror" back :o ;D :D :D :D :D :D :D... ;)

Now I have to concentrate on #8, "The Fat Lady", who now wears a Vetter "Sting" fairing and is coming along quite well... 8)

8).......TIGER....... 8)